Sign in to follow this  
Bob

Secret Enemies - Day Seven

SECRET ENEMIES

Day Seven: All tied up

IMG_1314.jpg

"This is how it looks at the present moment." Bob said. "The town needs only two more town cards and the scum need three more. However, if the scum gets one more card and their godfather is elected Town Council Chair, the mafia wins!"

He paused

"Do your best to defeat the mafia. However, if you are mafia, do your best to defeat the town."

"You're rooting for both sides?" someone asked.

"I'm the host. I have to be impartial."

~~~

Characters (11)

IMG_1042.jpg

Lindsey Green - Khscarymovie4

IMG_1055.jpg

Ralph Brooks - Actor Builder

IMG_1053.jpg

Joshua Sutton - Peanuts

IMG_1052.jpg

Scott Howell - Jackjonespaw

IMG_1051.jpg

Erik Kelly - Umbra-Manis

IMG_1050.jpg

Patricia Davis - Tariq J

IMG_1049.jpg

Anne Martin - Mediumsnowman

IMG_1048.jpg

Michael Wright - Jluck

IMG_1046.jpg

Edward Cook - Chromeknight

IMG_1047.jpg

Christina Phillips - Fhomess

IMG_1043.jpg

Robert Butler - Dragonfire

Out of Town:

IMG_1054.jpg

Betsy Bowers - Forresto

DAY SEVEN

Today's Mayor is (blank)! The mayor from yesterday, Christina Phillips, must pick a new mayor publicly in this thread here and not in private PM!

The new mayor must pick a Town Council Chair and nominate that person publicly here. Then you will have 24 hours to approve his government by voting either Yes or No. He should do so ASAP without delay. If he does not within 24 hours from now, it will be a failed government and a new mayor will be selected.

Remember, if three governments fail in a row (that would be 72 hours theoretically - three 24 hour periods), then the top card is flipped and that policy is enacted.

No one has made any good case for why I'd toss a town card blind, since even if I sent through two, the other gets tossed anyway. And if I wanted to be scummy, assuming I did draw two towns and a scum, I'd pass two towns and sadly announce the third was town also, which would screw up the odds calculations just as much and clear the way for a later scum buddy to toss a town card blind and not be challenged on it.

Hm, this is actually a good idea why a scum member would prefer to discard a scum card. My point on why they would not is that if they draw two town cards and show them both to the TCC, everyone will know that they didn't have a choice but to pass on at least one town card. But if they dump one town card and say it were two scum, one town, they can say they made the pro-town choice and hence are townies. And it's generally more likely that the third card is scum (they tell teh truth) than town (they lie, which they do). But I admit that messing up the count is a very good motive for dropping a scum card, especially since it makes it a lot more believeable that another (also scum) mayor would draw three scum cards.

Today's Mayor is (blank)! The mayor from yesterday, Christina Phillips, must pick a new mayor publicly in this thread here and not in private PM!

The new mayor must pick a Town Council Chair and nominate that person publicly here. Then you will have 24 hours to approve his government by voting either Yes or No. He should do so ASAP without delay. If he does not within 24 hours from now, it will be a failed government and a new mayor will be selected.

Remember, if three governments fail in a row (that would be 72 hours theoretically - three 24 hour periods), then the top card is flipped and that policy is enacted.

Bob, Christina already chose Lindsey yesterday

Since a new mayor has to be elected in a 24 hr period will this day be slightly longer than the rest?

I concur with the desicion of Lindsey ad mayor, definitely are safest choice since we can't let the scum pass another policy.

Bob, Christina already chose Lindsey yesterday

Christina must pick the mayor today in this thread officially. I'll let it slide, though.

Lindsey must now pick a Town Council Chair. She has 24 hours to do so.

That's 3 people added to my suspicious list. I think on day 7 I should choose Eric as TTC. I doubt he was given 2 town cards on day 5. If he was given 2 town cards Michael would have said something. He had a choice between mafia and town and he picked town.

This is why I choose to nominate Erik as TCC. I vote Yes to this decision.

Our last mayor passed a scum policy, which was weird.

Then that Mayor selected a new Mayor, who selected a Town Council Chair...

I don't really feel like trusting our last Mayor's decided decision...

I would rather we start fresh, without the Last Mayor's hand in our governing government.

Nothing against the New Mayor, or the Town Council Chair...But I think I'll say... Nope!

Also, I bought a fish today. I'm taking suggestions for names.

I would rather we start fresh, without the Last Mayor's hand in our governing government.

Nothing against the New Mayor, or the Town Council Chair...But I think I'll say... Nope!

This is scummy. What reason have you to suspect Lindsey? And did you not read us all telling Christina to pick Lindsey yesterday? Even if Christina is scum, she wouldn't choose someone else after we all asked her to pick Lindsey - that would just look suspicious. Like your post, in fact.

I vote Yes.

This is scummy. What reason have you to suspect Lindsey? And did you not read us all telling Christina to pick Lindsey yesterday? Even if Christina is scum, she wouldn't choose someone else after we all asked her to pick Lindsey - that would just look suspicious. Like your post, in fact.

I vote Yes.

I, for one, trust Lindsey. But the most likely hand (probability speaking) is 2 scum 1 town. Lindsey could theoretically never have a chance to choose a town card.

I vote Yes to my own nomination!

And you're trying to distract us with a fish? + everything dragonfire said.

And did you not read us all telling Christina to pick Lindsey yesterday?

No, actually I didn't. I think I'll go back and do that, right now.

I read it again. I only saw you, Dragonfire, urging Christina to choose Lindsey.

That's okay though. Like I said, I don't distrust Lindsey or Eric at all, I just don't like the idea of immediately trusting one player's pick for Mayor.

And I have yet to see any suggestions for my Fish...

And I have yet to see any suggestions for my Fish...

"Call him Ishmael."

Ralph's post definitely seems fishy. His argument of the last mayor having a hand in today's affair really comes up flat and we pretty much told the mayor whom to pick. Lindsey has already passed two town policies and seems to be the best choice, as no one seems to trust my investigation result. She is the closest thing to a confirmed townie we have.

I also vote Yes, of course.

I vote Yes.

I agree this is scummy. Not as much as faking an investigation result, but scummy. I agree that Lindsey is the best choice, of course. I vote yes.

yes

For some reason I had it in my head that Lindsey was being nominated for TCC and might not get a chance to control the cards, she'll make a great mayor.

I also vote yes Lindsey seems the most townie at the moment and we're very close to winning. There's a higher chance we'll pass a town policy.

Yes, I chose Lindsey yesterday and will not change that now. I'm back from my mini-vacation so should be able to contribute regularly again.

I vote Yes

I also vote yes Lindsey seems the most townie at the moment and we're very close to winning. There's a higher chance we'll pass a town policy.

We aren't really. We need to pass 2 more town policies. What's good is that there are still 3 town policies in the deck and only 7 scum policies.

I trust Lindsey.

But not Eric.

What can he do though?

Yes

You do not trust Eric and you vote yes, despite the fact that you know 2 scum, 1 town is most likely. You trust Lindsey, despite the fact that she was installed as mayor by someone you now think is scum. As has been pointed out, the call for Lindsey as mayor wasn't as strong as it appeared, and I'm sure it wouldn't have been that hard to justify selecting someone else. Lindsey is the only one who passed two 2 cards along, which means there is also a chance that she actually drew 3 town cards. By your own logic, Day 1 was going to be a town card no matter who was installed in the government. The only thing we really learned from day 1 is that you and Lindsey are not both scum. I chose Lindsey because I feel like she's the most town looking, but there are certainly ways for her not to be.

I agree this is scummy. Not as much as faking an investigation result, but scummy. I agree that Lindsey is the best choice, of course. I vote yes.

Why does everyone think that disagreeing with the majority is scummy, particularly when only 1 person is doing it. Honestly, the constant group think we've had is going to be our downfall. The lack of disagreement is more scummy than anything else going on. Maybe I'm paranoid, but the fact that we're in such agreement is quite disturbing to me. To me, Ralph looks less scummy for having his own opinion than just going along with everyone else.

What we know:

- Ralph and Joshua are not on the same team, obviously because of the investigations

- Only 4 town cards were claimed publicly, so 2 were hidden

Conclusion: whichever of Ralph or Joshua are scum hid one town policy.

Conclusion: one of Edward, Lindsey, Michael, and Christina (me), hid the other town policy

Those 4 passed 3 different sets of cards to their TCC:

1 of each: Edward, Michael

2 town: Lindsey

2 scum: Christina

At least one of us 4 is lying. It's not me, and the idea that Lindsey passed 2 town cards suggest she really wanted town to pass whatever Patricia was. Therefore, Lindsey and Patricia are not both scum. I suppose it's possible now that I think about it, that Lindsey got 3 town cards.

This government has passed!

Standby to receive your cards.

A Mafia policy has been passed!

At this time, the mayor can pick one player to kill. He must announce it in this thread here. Not in PM.

You have 24 hours to decide. Please use this time wisely.

I was given 3 mafia cards. I wanna know who you guys think I should kill before I choose. So far Ralph has seemed the most scummy, but I want to know your guys opinion.

I think you should kill Ralph.

He's been so scummy the entire time, and keeps talking about Fish and Hats. Like Dr. Seuss. He's crazy. Clearly he is the scum.