grove

Any news on grandopening of the store near Leicester Square in London?

Back in May I read on brickset that LEGO would open a new brand store near Leicester Square in London, and now I can see on stores.lego.com that it is open. They typically open a few months prior to the grand opening, has any one heard when that will be?

It is possible I guess, since it is fitting for London..

40145 I bet will show up maybe alongside Lester the tea-drinking Minifigure

I believe the London Bus exclusive will be made available next month in LEGO brand stores in UK, starting from 3 October. Since this store is opening in mid-November, not exactly sure if there will be a separate giveaway for it. From my understanding, the London Bus is meant to tie with the opening of this new store.

Having been in London on vacation this past week, I walked past, and saw that I must have been confused when I checked stores.lego.com, because the store is not open yet.

So is the 17th of november just the first opening date, or the grand opening event (where there's a chance to get 40145)?

.Henrik

My guess is that there will be a soft opening in early November with no hullabaloo or event-specific promo items, but that's purely conjecture.

As already noted in this thread, the grand opening will be Thursday, 17 November. I'm further guessing - and it's only a guess - that the grand opening promo will either be a Lester minifigure or minifigure/key-chain.