CM4Sci

Architecture 2017

On September 24, 2016 at 4:14 PM, jamesn said:

It obviously comes down to our aesthetic priorities - you think the windows are important, whereas I find the diagonal braces more characteristic of this building. I suppose the vertical portions of the structure might be what the grille tiles represent, but still - the diagonal braces on the Hancock center are unique in Chicago's skyline.

I honestly don't know how they can represent the braces when it comes to this scale, without using tiles and printing.

Just saw an image of the Guggenheim museum. It is done much better.

But still don't like the re-releases. Feels like a waste. 

Jamie Berard is now responsible for the Architecture and Creator Expert theme. That's great news!

On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 0:40 PM, Steve309 said:

Just saw an image of the Guggenheim museum. It is done much better.

But still don't like the re-releases. Feels like a waste. 

Do you have a link?  Would like to see that, how big is it, etc...please give details if you can't post link.

1 hour ago, Herky said:

Do you have a link?  Would like to see that, how big is it, etc...please give details if you can't post link.

I know it was explained before. By CM4sci. 

But if possible check your private messages 

Thanks Steve, saw it, agree with you, must have missed what CM4sci said, appreciate it.  I looked for the info on Reddit as folks had mentioned, couldn't find that either but that is ok.  I can sort of picture them by descriptions.  I think they seem to be getting away from the landmarks and big buildings for this series, I still like it a lot, it is really the most true adult line they have.  It will be interesting to see where Jamie takes the line...there are many fine ideas that people have done that could be basically just boxed up and sold. 

19 hours ago, henrysunset said:

I can't find the photos anywhere.  If anyone wants to send them to me, I'd love to see them!

Check your PM

On 21/10/2016 at 3:28 AM, Steve309 said:

Check your PM

Likewise I'd be really appreciative if you could PM me the prelims too. Even architects not proud to beg! :blush:

I also wasn't able to see the pictures before they disappeared.  Would anyone be so kind as to PM them to me?  Thanks!

Edited by Bob De Quatre
*** Removed pictures ***

This is a great looking set if you ask me, I like the way they incorporated the eye into it.  The Bridge with the boat is great, the Column is great, going to have to pick this one up for sure.

Saw a listing for The London skyline on eBay UK after some fangroups reported it
Seems to be a London store exclusive for the time being.

eBay link just for information..This is not my sales post

Comment in the listing:
" Brand new unopened Lego architecture London skyline set, this set is currently only available in the London flagship store until December and it will sell out FAST. I was lucky enough to get mine as I had a ticket to and exclusive preview event. "

Wow, I can't imagine that is London only, maybe it is special to that site until it goes on sale worldwide on January 1.  I know the AFOL community was majorly annoyed by the Marina Bay Sands being exclusive and it cost quite a bit to get ahold of that one for everyone who collects architecture.  I know I will not be thrilled if this is the case, Lego will risk alienating a lot of people if they continue this practice. 

Anyone know any info on this?  And since it is on ebay already, can we put the pictures back up Bob?

I'm biased as I really don't like vignettes style that much, dissapointing we are just getting that style. But wasn't there a Guggenheim update set coming soon? I saw a leaked image of this summer...

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 7:00 PM, CM4Sci said:

Lineup for next year -

21032 Sydney

21033 Chicago

21034 London

21305 Guggenheim Museum

More to come! :classic:

Yes, here is what was the first post by CM4Sci, so I didn't see release dates on them, but expected Jan 1.  Which I think is what it was last year for the sets, with likely one or two more during the year similar to this year in the 3rd quarter.  I would love to see them spaced out a bit so we can get one every couple of months vs a bunch all at once.  There were pictures on Reddit at one time of these, but not sure if they are still there or if there are now official pictures such as we see on the ebay posting for London.

I really do hope that London is not an exclusive though, would love for anyone to confirm that...

I really like the London & Sydney sets! In my opinion some of these skyline sets look too much like separate buildings put together and visually they're not that good looking together. However, I think both London & Sydney work very well and those separate buildings make a great looking complete set.

So I am a little confused Bob, you had the set the whole time and you took down the pictures even though you knew it was available?  That's kind of tacky.  The set was clearly out for public in places and the pics were not hurting anything.  Do you have the other sets already as well and can show and review those? 

The set was on embargo until today 12:00 CET... A picture of the set on a carpet isn't what I'd call an official picture, and since the set was on embargo, it was clearly a leak. Still confused?

Nope, first, not sure if you are using embargo correctly, so you are saying the set did not go on sale until today?  There was no publicity about it at all?  Really doesn't matter cause the pics and sets are out now, but who is to saw CM didn't get it early for the same reason you did.  Since you have the inside scoop, what can you tell us on the other sets? 

The set was revealed yesterday at the Leicester's Square Store opening. TLG sent some boxes to a few people for reviewing, asking not to reveal anything before a certain date. Posting pictures of the set before that date is considered a leak.

I don't have the other sets, so I can't tell you more about them.