You're both right

On the 1st of august we got Jim's list

On the 11th of Augst we got the entire 2016 lineup

I am guessing that is August 2015 that you are referring too?

Yes indeed hehe. My bad....sort of. You were right Emmi :thumbup:

Your not bad,just forgetful. :snicker:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

Yes indeed hehe. My bad....sort of. You were right Emmi :thumbup:

Anyway....this is not the complete list for 2017 :laugh:

:laugh: hehe, of course it's not. let's hope we get to see the entire list properly soon.

If the Air Race Jet turns out to have motorized functions like that SAAB JA, I would find those functions really uninteresting, if not boring. They aren't much different from those in 42025 Cargo Plane, and I already have the 42025.

If the Air Race Jet turns out to have motorized functions like that SAAB JA, I would find those functions really uninteresting, if not boring. They aren't much different from those in 42025 Cargo Plane, and I already have the 42025.

Many functions or set pattern are reused, lego technic has 40 years history so this is nothing shocking.

Is only matter in which body these functions came and how great these functions are working.For me cargo plane is less interesting that jet .Also this will be first jet in that price point in 40 years history.

Another jet from Grohl that I found, on rebrickable they say it has about 1000 pieces.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=44159&st=25

For once, my wallet and kids' college funds can catch up. Very interested with what technic can do for a boat / proper marine vehicle.

I am really hoping that the 'street working cars' are just misinterpreted from a 'Street Cleaner/Sweeper'. 7242 was the first Lego set I got and I would love a Technic version. As for the others, it sounds like a good range of vehicles.

I am really hoping that the 'street working cars' are just misinterpreted from a 'Street Cleaner/Sweeper'. 7242 was the first Lego set I got and I would love a Technic version. As for the others, it sounds like a good range of vehicles.

I do believe I got that set and the older 6649 sweeper as well. :tongue:

001.jpg

About that, i think the PF kit i bought last year for RCing (battery box, L motor, servo, ir receiver and remote) already came out to €80, doesnt leave much room for an interesting model...

This must be mistake i dont believe about rc set in this price range.I search for lego ripsaw on youtube but only pieces except motors looks like 80€ alone, for example Sariel ripsaw.I think PF 2.0 will be maybe cheaper but still.

I think price is 179 € :tongue: .

I'm guessing that the 'RC' means upgradeable, which is typical for the largest of the 1H sets. We can add PF to the set, or that PF2 is ridiculously inexpensive (doubtful) or the price is wrong.

I do believe I got that set and the older 6649 sweeper as well. :tongue:

Hadn't even realised that one existed! Time to enter the realm of Ebay...

Hmm. Slightly underwhelmed so far.... But container transport and ship could be good, and street sweeper if it is.

Like it has been said let's hope 2H is to follow!

It's going to be tough to top this year!

42065: Now, I'm not certain of whether the price got switched with 42064 in the listings, but I'm really curious about this set, as if the RC is correct, it would be the cheapest RC set ever. I'm not sure what the piece count would be, but it would probably be like an ACC car, or JJ2's Lotus 7 in terms of size and parts count. I'm hoping for some PF 2.0, but I don't want Lego to go the WeDo route with it. Instead, a new control system is implemented, either using Bluetooth, or some RF system , but the PF connector stays the same. The motors would probably be Servo and L motors, with a standard,or AAA battery box, with maybe a new, studless version of the latter.

Wait? I made a Lotus 7 :grin:

Anyways this seems like an interesting year, I think the RC Tracked Race is going to be awesome.

Hadn't even realised that one existed! Time to enter the realm of Ebay...

I am showing my age. :cry_sad:

I think the RC Tracked Race is going to be awesome.

Timed race? :laugh:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

oops the copy paste mess up :look:

Your typo got me thinking back to 2000,do you remember this from 2000?

5206-1.png

Bricklink

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

Your typo got me thinking back to 2000,do you remember this from 2000?

*snip*

Bricklink

Oh yea I do! I was just thinking about it to tell you the truth. Having a RPM sensor would be great, could probably just order a much better one off amazon.

Can someone explain to me what is meant by commemorative brick? Thanks!

Can someone explain to me what is meant by commemorative brick? Thanks!

A special printed brick

11950676_455079774684736_1290203992_n.jpg

Hm ok, so there will most likely be a printed "#420XX LEGO Technic 40th Anniversary" brick used in all next years Technic sets, maybe license plate for the cars and bike. Air Jet?

Below I have listed my favorites from the 1H 2017 sets, the bike could definitely become my favorite after I see the first images ...

BMW R 1200 GS Adventure Bike

RC Tracked Racer

Air Race Jet with PF

I expect the parts count for the BMW Adventure Bike will be around 550-600, for the RC Tracked Racer 800-950 and for the Air Race Jet around 1150-1300.

So I suppose we'll see the names from the 2H sets over the next days ... hopefully :grin:

@CM4Sci Just a minor error I noticed in post #1 ... please switch the 2 with the 0. Thanks :thumbup:402?? BMW R 1200 GS Adventure Bike - 49.99

Edited by Emmi

420?? BMW R1200: Probably just has standard motorcycle features, chain drive, fake engine, steering. Yawn. Next please.

I disagree, IF the designer(s) succeed in modelling the telelever front suspension and the single-sided paralever rear suspension of the real machine, this might become one of the best Technic bikes to date. I have done several attempts at MOCing this machine without succes, so I will be very interested in "official solution" for the complex challenges.

Since this will be a licenced set, the pressure to get the looks and the mechanics right will be high. Looking forward to more info about this particular set.

For the container transport, I hope for a 42024 scaled truck, trailer and detachable container.

Edited by Cumulonimbus

I disagree, IF the designer(s) succeed in modelling the telelever front suspension and the single-sided paralever rear suspension of the real machine, this might become one of the best Technic bikes to date. I have done several attempts at MOCing this machine without succes, so I will be very interested in "official solution" for the complex challenges.

Since this will be a licenced set, the pressure to get the looks and the mechanics right will be high. Looking forward to more info about this particular set.

For the container transport, I hope for a 42024 scaled truck, trailer and detachable container.

I agree with you, most interesting set for me ... as far as you can judge from a list :tongue:

It is interesting, what will be used as a prototype for Race Jet? Nowadays majority of race jets are either Czech L-29, or L-39 or Polish PZL TS-11 Iskra jet.

It would be nice to resemble DH Vampire, that was used on Reno races for several years, as it has quite unusual shape with two tail booms.

Nowadays majority of race jets are either Czech L-29, or L-39 or Polish PZL TS-11 Iskra jet.

pure speculation with too many IFs. If this set is designed by Grohl (he is Czech), there might be certain chance he would choose (or got inspired) by L-39 or L-29 since they are Czech designed and made planes.

edit: all the planes he designed have OK somewhere on the stickers - which is international code for all CZ registered planes. (He said it in one interview).

interesting story about how Czech planes got OK as code: In early 20s when codes for countries were assigned, Czechoslovakian (as it was Czechoslovakia at the time) application was handled by some not so important employee at ministry of transportation. his name initials were OK, so he wrote in the application and that was it. No connection with really positive meaning of OK in English (and nowadays basically all the languages)

Edited by J_C

Milan said in the Technic interview that he, Markus and Lars (designer of Cargo Plane) are the plane geeks, and he wouldn't dare to work on a motorcycle set because the other two designers will kill him. So my impression is that certain designers will work on certain types of model. I think it's highly likely that Milan is the designer of the Jet, and Markus... well we all know what he'll work on :grin:

Edited by nguyengiangoc