Just now, nguyengiangoc said:

No I mean do real life rescue trucks have boats and if yes what for

to be transported over land - it is faster than on water. Fire departments also offer helps to people injured in trips in nature etc...

Just now, I_Igor said:

to be transported over land - it is faster than on water. Fire departments also offer helps to people injured in trips in nature etc...

Mainly for the treatment of squirrel bites. :grin:

Just now, Maaboo35 said:

Mainly for the treatment of squirrel bites. :grin:

or to cure depression when someone is beaten in race with snails :grin:

28 minutes ago, nguyengiangoc said:

So the boat is for rescue and not firefighting right?

It could be rescue boat - even example town on water like Venice when fire department has to save people from burning building to make evacuation faster...there could be variety of examples. BTW LEGO City has often made "fire" boats; here is a list

https://www.bricklink.com/catalogList.asp?catType=S&catString=67.518.319

and here is a model that could be 42068 B model (kind of) inspiration

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=7239-1#T=S&O={}

7239-1.jpg

(I hope image is not to large)

It's funny that there is no visible hose or nozzle in the 42068 B model, despite the name Fire Rescue Vehicle.

1 hour ago, nguyengiangoc said:

No I mean do real life rescue trucks have boats and if yes what for

totally common where I live.

Fire department does not only fight with fires but also help and rescue during floods, after storm if there are trees fallen in the river (I live by the river next to the bridge and often there are fallen trees stuck on the pillars - that is exactly when fire rescue car with boat arrives, they go the the boat with chainsaws and later crane the tree out, or in the spring when river gets blocked by melting ice - fire department sorts that out too), car accidents, all sorts of non-fire events. Even bee/wasp swarms if it arrives to your garden or cat stuck on the tree. 

Boat is totally realistic. 

24 minutes ago, J_C said:

totally common where I live.

Fire department does not only fight with fires but also help and rescue during floods, after storm if there are trees fallen in the river (I live by the river next to the bridge and often there are fallen trees stuck on the pillars - that is exactly when fire rescue car with boat arrives, they go the the boat with chainsaws and later crane the tree out, or in the spring when river gets blocked by melting ice - fire department sorts that out too), car accidents, all sorts of non-fire events. Even bee/wasp swarms if it arrives to your garden or cat stuck on the tree. 

Boat is totally realistic. 

When in doubt, call in the experts. :wink:

I have (obviously) seen the models this morning. The Extreme Adventure is so cool!! Lots of cool stuff and details. I'm really amazed.

The Truck is also cool, but what you see is what you get. No real surprises.

2 minutes ago, Jim said:

I have (obviously) seen the models this morning. The Extreme Adventure is so cool!! Lots of cool stuff and details. I'm really amazed.

Jim when can we expect your reviews of those sets? Do you have some plan or???

My opinion to the B-Models:

42070: Worse. This model has nothing special. It drives motorized and has a front winch. It has less functions then the A-Model and for me it seems crazy. But of course its something different.

42069: Well, a awsome B Model! You combine A - and B- Model. The B-Model is very different from the A- Model. It seems very playable with lots of functions.

42068: The B-Model is also good. It seems playable and has the same number of  functions.

The A-Models and the B-Models mostly are very intersting and cool. With all positve and all negative statements I really look forward to see the reviews of the 3 sets!

I like 42069 b and 42068 b but 42070 b model is a disappointment 

42068= looks really fun for a kid, looks look good enough

42069= the best on my opinion, for someone who has 42038 (like me) this would look perfect with it. I'm thinking this is the only set I'll buy from these.

42070=why couldn't there be a good looking b model for this, there are many other good things they could've made with this for example like many people said it couldv'e  been a logging truck or something else. 

Sorry if this is awnsered, when does the is get these models in america? And the 42066?

10 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

Sorry if this is awnsered, when does the is get these models in america? And the 42066?

August.

1 hour ago, dimaks13 said:

August.

I guess Lego doesn't expect the USA to enjoy Technic as much.  I figured we'd get the remaining 1st half sets today with all the other releases, but that didn't happen.  Oh, well.  Fortunately, most of the sets for the year look lousy.

1 hour ago, dimaks13 said:

August.

Thanks, I thought it was then but wanted to check.

8 minutes ago, teos said:

I guess Lego doesn't expect the USA to enjoy Technic as much.  I figured we'd get the remaining 1st half sets today with all the other releases, but that didn't happen.  Oh, well.  Fortunately, most of the sets for the year look lousy.

The sets I find interesting are the 42066 and 42069. And I love technic, so I hope that is not the reason.

My opinion to the B-Models:

42068-Looks good. truck part is looks good to motorise.

42069-Bad. In my opinion, A model is muccccccccccch batter.

42070-Looks like something rock clower like 9398 and 41999. very good.

6 hours ago, Jim said:

How is the drivetrain on the 42069? Is it a 4x4? How many diffs are used?

Have they implemented any technique on 42070 to lock the centre diff and prevent it being a 6x1 when one front wheel loses traction?

So, 42070 is the Porsche equivalent of this year, a big price , boring model,  not interesting functions , the only exclusivity is the colorscheme - duh. Oh , and now color vomit frames too:sick:The only part I like is the b-model

The 42069 looks very exciting, althought I woulde've preferred some nice purple flex axles and connectors instead of those horrible panels .

The 42051 could've included PF by default, but the set seems great.

Edited by LXF

Wow, thanks Jim!

42070: Ehhhh, not that great. But from the photo in the bottom left corner, it ALMOST looks like it has 4 wheel steering. But it is not worth the price, IMO...

42069: It's a lot like the Arctic Explorer set, but might be worth building.

42051: Looks just like set 7239, my first City set from when I was getting started with Lego many years ago... Maybe worth getting, for old time's sake.

If there's a bandwagon forming, I think I'm about to jump on it. Here goes!

42070 I was extremely excited about this when I first saw it. It's huge, there's no denying it. And I don't have the CLAAS so there's six of those beautiful tyres.
But then you realise there's no servo.
And that it's Mediumlightsomethingsomethingdarkside Azure not Medium Blue, so the panels are as good as useless until more sets are released in this colour (and I REALLY need a 3x11 medium blue panel).
And that it's incomplete at the back.
And that it's insanely priced.

42069 always looked like a good model, reminded me of the 42038 b-model. Ok it's purple. Or perhaps Mediumlightsomethingsomethingdarkside purple IDKR... But then:
Ooh is that working suspension?
And rubber tread grip thingies? 
And the Lambo doors are pretty neat.
And jesus take the wheel the roof opens too.

I'm a lot more excited by it now, Not sure whether it's worth the money yet, I'll wait until I see a parts list. Better still, I might just race everyone to be the first to build an orange/black one from my collection :thumbup:
(PS Do technic boxes have parts inventories on the side of the boxes? I can't remember, I'm usually too busy tearing them open... I know Creator sets etc do)

12 minutes ago, JTS said:

(PS Do technic boxes have parts inventories on the side of the boxes? I can't remember, I'm usually too busy tearing them open... I know Creator sets etc do)

No.

Here's what I have to say about the B's after getting a chance to look at them again....

42068: I like it, seems pretty simple, but the crane and boat are nice.

42069: A must buy for me, but mainly for the A model. B's got a nice little tracked thing, but I believe that most of the functionality would be in taking the crane off the trailer, and setting it up.

42070, A model is overpriced but I'm still getting it. The B is ugly. But wait. I think they might have been trying to make a Polar Research Explorer Vehicle with wheels, but didn't want to call it that so it wouldn't look like there were 2 snow vehicles. In that case it looks better. All wheel steering is good.

Things I noticed:

What is under the beam under the panel on the front of 42069 B?
42068 A has front and back wheel steering. It says it right there on the back of the box.

Oh, and they all have (sigh) cranes on their A or B model.

1 hour ago, Offroadcreat1ons said:

Things I noticed:

What is under the beam under the panel on the front of 42069 B?

That would be two stacked wheel arches.

Having a good look at the B models now, I have got to say:

42070: As I suspected, this set continues to be a flaming junk heap. It is still overpriced, the amount of functions is still too low, and the color is not the same as the stunt jet, for no real reason. The B model is barely a model, and is in no way worthy of the set. The whole set is in no way shape or form worth its price tag, or worthy of being the 40th anniversary flagship. I'm just shaking my head at this turd.

42069: the B model actually looks interesting. I'd like to see where the small turntable on the crane goes on the A model. Speaking of the A model, what does the gearbox in between the seats do? I see a knob for lifting the back tent behind the door, so does the gearbox control the back doors, or what?

42068: Why was this delayed , again? It's not really my interest, but both A and b models look pretty nice.

Finally, where is 42067? I think Lego omitted that number just to drive me nuts. I hate it when they do that.

Also, I'm a little bit disappointed that Lego doesn't really have anything to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Technic, besides some printed beams, and one frankly mediocre combo model. What, no contest, no homage set, barely anything?

5 hours ago, Saberwing40k said:

42069: the B model actually looks interesting. I'd like to see where the small turntable on the crane goes on the A model

It should be a wheel (sorry, track :classic:) hub that comes as a single part between the chassis and tracked attachments, allows some pitch and minimizes stress for the axles.

640x458.jpg