Either from LEGO or from http://www.bricklink.com, but most certainly it won't come cheap.

4 hours ago, Sariel said:

And I already told what is this year's promotion: get 42070, get a free slap in the face ;)

Will you give it to me now then? I completed the first step in this promotion, how long is the wait for the slap?

51 minutes ago, Ascius said:

Will you give it to me now then? I completed the first step in this promotion, how long is the wait for the slap?

The slap is theoretical. Just like with the set, Lego expects you to build it better. So you'll have to build a Technic hand to give a real slap. :grin:

I think I will be getting the 42070, but the question is when. I'll definitely wait for a sale, I just hope I don't have to wait until Lego officially discounts it when it retires in a couple years. But I will definitely get the 42069. Great price, many parts, and nice functions. And 42068 is undecided until I see @Jim and @Sariel's reviews.

Review of the 42070 will be live in fifteen minutes or so.

Just now, Jim said:

Review of the 42070 will be live in fifteen minutes or so.

Yes!! I will enjoy that.

Let's see how the poll is working :wink:

23 hours ago, barman said:

The set has 2 yellow hard springs and 4 light gray soft springs. Het yellow ones are in the suspension in the back and gray in the front. The second par of gray springs are used in the door mechanisme, keeping the doors up and closed. It is a very clever and simple technique.

The suspension is pretty much build the same way as on the Mercedes Arocs front axles,

Thanks for the clarification.  This is definitely one kit I'll be picking up this year.  It just screams interesting build.  Still don't understand why this no way to PF it out of the box though.  So, that and 42068 seem to be the ones I would like once they are released 1 Aug.  I am going to wait until 42070 comes considerably down in price, maybe around the holidays, then re-evaluate.  Money is more of an issue this summer, and I'd really like to see some not only professional reviews, but also general AFOL reviews as well.  However, last summer I made it work because all 3 kits we're hot, didn't pick up 42056 until after December.  Wouldn't mind getting the 42064 as well, I realize many have criticized it as more City-ish, along with 42060 and 62, but I still got those along with 42066. Luckily, a few Amazon Marketplace sellers imported the rest of the sets to the US that weren't released here.  I actually got 42066 for $135.90, and I see on Lego US S@H it is going to sell for $159.99, so that is a plus.  

16 hours ago, iv-tecman said:

Found it, wonder if you can buy all those parts from lego or something , I am 100% out of box builder.

To build it as it stands you would need 42063 BMW bike, 42057 Ultralight Helicopter and 42061 Telehandler. I just can't see myself buying 3 sets to build a rather small model that is IMO what has been called in some posts last few weeeks 'color puke'.  If I could find more of the parts in same colour, I imagine I'd do it, it is cool.  

Edited by DarkShadow73
Splitting up post

1 hour ago, DarkShadow73 said:

To build it as it stands you would need 42063 BMW bike, 42057 Ultralight Helicopter and 42061 Telehandler. I just can't see myself buying 3 sets to build a rather small model that is IMO what has been called in some posts last few weeeks 'color puke'.  If I could find more of the parts in same colour, I imagine I'd do it, it is cool.  

Should be do-able through bricklink, it is after all just a tribute build, limited by the parts in those three sets, so improving the design shouldnt be hard at all

Its the BMW set that is the most expensive, £80 ish for three sets to build a little anniversary go kart is a lot of money.

Still I'm looking forward to lego technic 42068. Looks really cool. So might just spend my lego budget on this instead. 

2 hours ago, vectormatic said:

Should be do-able through bricklink, it is after all just a tribute build, limited by the parts in those three sets, so improving the design shouldnt be hard at all

True to that I didn't think of Bricklink, I wonder what the cost difference would be buying the individual parts..I saw this model on lego.com/technic a few months ago and do want to build it

1 hour ago, iv-tecman said:

Its the BMW set that is the most expensive, £80 ish for three sets to build a little anniversary go kart is a lot of money.

Still I'm looking forward to lego technic 42068. Looks really cool. So might just spend my lego budget on this instead. 

Can't recall offhand the mutiplier between the euro dollar compared to the US dollar but if you bought the kits alone to build the model in USD...$59.99 for 42063, $39.99 for 42061 and $19.99 for 42057...so $120 plus tax..not worth it that way for a model with IIRC ~600 pieces so possibly BL is a cheaper way to go

Don't think the extra post merged with a couple I just posted, but if they did I apologize..

I am wondering if the 2H2017 sets are available in Lego stores in the US? I read that a couple members already have them from lego stores overseas...has anybody seen them in the US yet?  Thanks...

redjerry.jpg

Used as a container for water, fuel, etc. Don't mix them :wink: 

Just now, nguyengiangoc said:

I wonder why "jerry" when only "can" is enough 

The British used cans captured from the "Jerries" (Germans) — hence "jerrycans" 

Jerry is a slang for German, and jerry cans were I believe invented for german troops to refuel vehicles during the 2nd world war.

Hence - Jerrycan. To everyone else, a can of fuel.. lol 

Just now, Jim said:

The British used cans captured from the "Jerries" (Germans) — hence "jerrycans" 

Oh - you beat me to it lol 

5 hours ago, Jim said:

Thanks Jim - I'm for the US so we just call them gas cans or fuel cans...never heard the term before..yeah definitely don't mix them*huh*

Used as a container for water, fuel, etc. Don't mix them :wink: 

4 hours ago, AVCampos said:

For the origin the term, Wikipedia is your friend. :wink:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerrycan

Sorry, didn't even think of wikipedia, it was late at night and I was blurry eyed

I received the following notification this morning, but unfortunately it was too nice to be true :/

42070.png

A German online shop posted the 42070 for the price of the 42069 :)

Anyway, the preorder prices seems to be already lower then the announced ones, and we have still 2 weeks until the launch (I used brickmerge.de to check the prices)

42070 - 225 EUR

42069 - 104 EUR

42068 - 72 EUR

For amazon.de the price of the flagship can be expected to decrease by 33%. So I'd wait until it drops to 160-170 EUR.

5 hours ago, nguyengiangoc said:

For amazon.de the price of the flagship can be expected to decrease by 33%. So I'd wait until it drops to 160-170 EUR.

That is a very reasonable price for this model.

Currently the BWE is selling for 155 EUR. That's 75 EUR (33%) off from MSRP 230 EUR :grin: :grin: If the same thing applies to 42070 I'll wait until before the release of 2018 flagship. BWE might make my pulse race and prompt me for an immediate buy, but 42070 doesn't. I really wonder how much retailers really get the set in able to afford such deep cuts. Maybe MSRP is just a blown up number in order to dig money from the impatient, as a basic price discrimination strategy.

Just now, nguyengiangoc said:

Currently the BWE is selling for 155 EUR. That's 75 EUR (33%) off from MSRP 230 EUR :grin: :grin: If the same thing applies to 42070 I'll wait until before the release of 2018 flagship. BWE might make my pulse race and prompt me for an immediate buy, but 42070 doesn't. I really wonder how much retailers really get the set in able to afford such deep cuts. Maybe MSRP is just a blown up number in order to dig money from the impatient, as a basic price discrimination strategy.

If you can get the 42070 for 155, I'd go for that one instead of the BWE. But that's just me. You may be right about the "early adaptor" strategy :hmpf_bad:

I already have 2 BWEs for A and B model, both for that price :laugh: I don't know who among the AFOL are the early adopters for 42070, but I aint one :grin: