9 hours ago, schraubedrin said:

Thanks, those are very interesting.

I don't know why, but until now i thought 42069 had an independent suspension :grin:

Independent rear, pendular front from what im seeing right?

And for all the 42070 critics, at least 69 doesnt look to have a center diff.

7 minutes ago, vectormatic said:

Independent rear

Seems pendular on both axes to me:
35795962042_88f357b32d_c.jpg

7 minutes ago, vectormatic said:

69 doesnt look to have a center diff.

Yeah, that's currently the only thing bothering me. It's easy to mod a diff out of vehicle, not so much the other way round...

Edited by schraubedrin

Just now, schraubedrin said:

Seems pendular on both axes to me.

Yeah, you're right, i misread the rear axle on first glance

I dont know whether dual pendular axles is more realistic on this type of vehicle, but i'd prefer full independent myself.

11 hours ago, Ascius said:

Yes I've got a 42070, I live in Lithuania and as a girl in licensed LEGO store told me we here get new sets very early here (this time even earlier than review units got to Sariel and Jim. 

You are really lucky. I plan on calling the nearest Lego store to me today when they open, but betting they are not available for another 2 weeks...like I was saying too, Toys R Us sometimes puts out new sets early, but here in the US we haven't yet gotten many 1H sets, so there will be IIRC 7 new sets, and doubt TRU's will have room for that many.  And they never carried any of the 2H2016 sets until just in the past month or so in select stores.  No one store has them all in my area and I live very near a large metro area with 4 TRU's within close driving distance.  

14 minutes ago, vectormatic said:

Yeah, you're right, i misread the rear axle on first glance

I dont know whether dual pendular axles is more realistic on this type of vehicle, but i'd prefer full independent myself.

Ok, now I'm confused about this vehicle...it shows 6 springs on the inventory sheet that Jim posted, 4 yellow hard springs and 2 gray soft springs, what are the springs used for then?  I know 42038 had all independent suspension and is a watered down version of 42069...really quite curious where all those springs go.  I did look at the pic of the bottom of the vehicle and I can't really tell where the springs are located, or maybe just tired eyes...

9 hours ago, schraubedrin said:

Thanks, those are very interesting.

I don't know why, but until now i thought 42069 had an independent suspension :grin:

It looks more like live axle with similar principle like front axles on Arocs with short suspension arms introduced on snowmobile and used 9l links for movement stabilizing like 6l on rock crawler. Jou'll se when @Jim make his famous review...

These are indeed live axles, not pendular ones. Pendulars can only oscillate left/right, the 42069's axles can also go up and down.

13 minutes ago, DarkShadow73 said:

Ok, now I'm confused about this vehicle...it shows 6 springs on the inventory sheet that Jim posted, 4 yellow hard springs and 2 gray soft springs, what are the springs used for then?  I know 42038 had all independent suspension and is a watered down version of 42069...really quite curious where all those springs go.  I did look at the pic of the bottom of the vehicle and I can't really tell where the springs are located, or maybe just tired eyes...

The set has 2 yellow hard springs and 4 light gray soft springs. Het yellow ones are in the suspension in the back and gray in the front. The second par of gray springs are used in the door mechanisme, keeping the doors up and closed. It is a very clever and simple technique.

The suspension is pretty much build the same way as on the Mercedes Arocs front axles,

Sorry to drag this up again but now the models are out is there any hint at if there's still something more to come from the Anniversary?

13 hours ago, schraubedrin said:

2 hours ago, Sariel said:

These are indeed live axles, not pendular ones. Pendulars can only oscillate left/right, the 42069's axles can also go up and down.

Agreed, these live axles suspended on four links and two shock absorbs (hidden behind the fake "shocks" made by silver small rims). 42069 looks like a hard-modified AWD vehicle with purple extended fenders and aprons, solid axles and tracks, so I'd say that you're right, @schraubedrin, and it had an independent suspension once.

How ever I see a pair of CV-joints, that should be replaced by universal joints or something even stronger prior the RC-ing :grin:

3 hours ago, Sariel said:

These are indeed live axles, not pendular ones.

Thanks for clearing that up, i obviously translated poorly :sceptic:

25 minutes ago, Void_S said:

I see a pair of CV-joints, that should be replaced

Those CV-joints are necessary because the driveshaft varies in length when the suspension is active. As far as i know part 32494 is the only coupling allowing axial movement without friction.

In a live suspension, the axle itself is a fixed unit. In independent suspension, there is no separate axle unit, because both wheels connect to the chassis.

Independent is what supercars have, like 42039 or 42056.

Live is what trucks have, e,g. 42043.

live axle - whole axle with both wheels moves towards chasis, wheels stays same to each other

independent - as name says, each wheel can move independently (up, down) from the opposite wheel

The 42070 is even worse then I imagined, what about the pins near front axle, doors held by one pin, color vomit not just on small parts but color coding by liftarms.. The only thing I like are outridges

2 hours ago, Seasider said:

Sorry to drag this up again but now the models are out is there any hint at if there's still something more to come from the Anniversary?

I already told that TLG is not done yet with the 40yrs Anniversary, but there will be no more sets in 2017.

And I already told what is this year's promotion: get 42070, get a free slap in the face ;)

Just now, Sariel said:

And I already told what is this year's promotion: get 42070, get a free slap in the face ;)

Well said :D 42069 thought is really asking me to buy it  :)

5 hours ago, DarkShadow73 said:

2 soft on front, 2 stiff on rear, 2 soft for door.

13 minutes ago, SpaidX said:

Well said :D 42069 thought is really asking me to buy it  :)

Agreed, and it really isn't a competition, with that price.

1 minute ago, iv-tecman said:

Didn't know about this until reading on here -

https://www.lego.com/en-us/technic/40-years-anniversary

I'll have to buy those sets again to allow me to build it, as once I build my technic sets, I tend to never break them up ; - ) but i love that go kart. Reminds me of my early technic sets from 1980 : - ) 

The competition mentioned on that page seems to be over already. I hope that competition wasn't what Jim was referring to. 

One more thing about 42070 - I really miss HOG steering on it - you can disable drivetrain for push-play and HOG would make a lot of sense

Edited by Ivan_M

Just now, Ivan_M said:

One more thing about 42070 - I really miss HOG on it - you can disable drivetrain for push-play and HOG would make a lot of sense

I sort of understand why TLG didn't add HoG, but I definitely understand what you are talking about. 

Just now, Ivan_M said:

One more thing about 42070 - I really miss HOG steering on it - you can disable drivetrain for push-play and HOG would make a lot of sense

Well it's abit better situation than in 42056 :) But ye i agree on that.

Thanks for the lesson in axle types guys! i did think the axles on 69 had a pivot point, but live axles are more interesting , so that is at least something positive, ill have to study the design for moc inspiration!

17 minutes ago, Seasider said:

The parts list for the Anniversary Chassis is small. Just find my thread on it

Found it, wonder if you can buy all those parts from lego or something , I am 100% out of box builder.