10 hours ago, jotta93 said:

From Berlin to Warsaw in one tank :iamded_lol:

50 minutes ago, jotta93 said:

Yep, it's a Top Gear joke! :wink:

Yeah, if memory serves me well, some Poles answered with the following joke: from Germany to UK on V2 ;)

12 hours ago, Sariel said:

Visiting Poland first is a tradition since 1939 ;)

Hehe :tongue:

22 minutes ago, Sariel said:

Yeah, if memory serves me well, some Poles answered with the following joke: from Germany to UK on V2 ;)

Yup and after about a million came now they won't take a single refugee, quite hilariously hypocritical if you ask me. But I think we've gone a tad off topic now.

24 minutes ago, allanp said:

Yup and after about a million came now they won't take a single refugee, quite hilariously hypocritical if you ask me

It's not "them", its our current government which is quite literally made of lunatic asylum escapees.

Whilst I like 42069, if I was to get the set it would probably be for the pieces rather than the functions. They're good solid functions, but to me they don't grab me from an engineering point of view (apart from the doors). Nevertheless I still think it's a good set and looks pretty cool. 

Just now, Sariel said:

government which is quite literally made of lunatic asylum escapees

Which seems to be the standard practice of governments these days :pir-oh:

(Sorry for OT but i couldn't resist)

Okay, it was fun debating politics. Let's get back to the sets. Go to the pub for further political discussions.

Getting back on topic, I present to you the Technic blues (gotta start a band under that name someday). Anybody knows what's the deal with Technic and blue?

IMG_8097.jpg

Edited by Sariel

If you consider the 42069's purple as "blue", there's yet another.

Just now, Sariel said:

the Technic blues (gotta start a band under that name someday).

Hah, that's one more to add to "fifty shades of blue"! :devil:

So from left to right, we have 42066, 42050, 42070, 42042, and 42064 / 41999.

Maybe one day we'll have a set like Gali Uniter in Bionicle 2016, in which there are Blue, Dark Azure, and Trans Blue... 

Edited by nguyengiangoc

the only blue is 42042 blue. That is the same blue as they used in late70s/early80s (damn I am old), when there really was 1 blue, 1 red, 1 grey...

LEGO Technic fans these days (needs more blue, though):

1282786204310.jpg?1318992465

Edited by Sariel

2 hours ago, Sariel said:

... Anybody knows what's the deal with Technic and blue?

According to this site: "humans favor a color associated with good  things. Blue is associated with a clear sky (air and good weather) and  bodies of water, so people tend to respond well to blue colors."

Curiously, blue isn't that popular as a car colour according to Wikipedia, it takes 6th or 7th place, depending on the region. Even brown appears to be more popular in some areas.

3 hours ago, Sariel said:

Anybody knows what's the deal with Technic and blue?

This many blues does not my boat float.  

I'm not a serious AFOL, just casual, but I've been avoiding light blue sets because there are too many variations.

I also think there are too many parts missing from too many colors, but on the other hand I also kinda like all those new colors. The more colors there are, the more variations a single new added color will bring. This new blue can be matched with all kinds of other colors. I look forward to trying out all kinds of combinations. Let's just hope that there's enough different parts (in enough different categories) in the color for it to be usable. So I hope it's better than what 42050/42059 brought us in medium azure.

Edit: but I have to say, the difference between dark azure and medium azure seems really hard to see! (to a lesser extent, dark azure and medium blue also look very similar). Is the difference easier in real life, Sariel? And with artificial light (in the evenings)?

Edited by Erik Leppen

This is without any doubt the most drastic thing a LEGO instructions book has ever asked me to do:

IMG_8100.jpg

17 hours ago, Sariel said:

This is without any doubt the most drastic thing a LEGO instructions book has ever asked me to do:

New insturction background color????

Edited by Milan
Please don't quote images or videos from the same page.

He publishes proof of animal abuse by TLG and what you notice is the background colour!?

14 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

He publishes proof of animal abuse by TLG and what you notice is the background colour!?

Disturbing...LoL

16+ now makes more sense. They should have put the arrow other way round. Way more animal friendly.

Edited by J_C

6 minutes ago, nguyengiangoc said:

Pickup line: Do you have a Lego minifig teddy bear? 'Cause I have a 1/2 Technic pin!

You only got a half pin? Poor guy...