On 4/19/2017 at 1:08 PM, Maaboo35 said:

I'd think that tracks would require more power, especially on smooth surfaces. Also, there'd need to be one motor for each track, as tracked vehicles can't actually 'steer' like wheeled vehicles do. I'm sure LEGO have some tricks up their collective sleeve, or at least Uwe Wabra does. Hopefully. I'm looking forward to knowing more.

Well yeah, we all know tracked vehicles mostly steer by using two separately driven drive trains, but I really hope two xl motors are atleast used to drive this set around, because the moment it gets on thick carpet or slightly rough terrain, it's gonna stall with the lack of torque. Anyways I noticed the absence of news for 42070, no reason to further push this on. Technic isn't like it was a few years back.

23 hours ago, Void_S said:

As I see, there is no replica of 42069 here, mostly because 42070 was much more desired, so we have an amazing creation of dokludi, that impressed us by the skill once again. :thumbup:
However I didn't find anything for "Extreme Adventure" so far, so I stared my own attempt. It's only a thin frame mostly, but the size is correct and you can check how big or small it: 54 x 21 L without tracks.

LXF file is already here: 42069 Replica.lxf

P.S. Not so interesting, but I found that the rear door has loops on the right side, so it opens to the right and a spare wheel (sprocket actually) looks like a handle of a locking mechanism. Plus I found that it's a some assembly made of a LBG 5x11 panels inside the trunk. 

This is actually astonishing. I don't know how you guys reverse engineer so well, building so much off of so little information. 

Edited by Milan
Removed quoted image from previous post.

On another note, I built the 42065 B model yesterday. Guess what the surprise was? It used every single piece of the A model. No spare parts. Is it the first Technic model to achieve this?

7 hours ago, nguyengiangoc said:

On another note, I built the 42065 B model yesterday. Guess what the surprise was? It used every single piece of the A model. No spare parts. Is it the first Technic model to achieve this?

I'd say so. Every model I know of has at least a few parts left over.

It's me again, and let me share some progress: http://bricksafe.com/files/Void_s/42069-extreme-adventure/42069 Replica.lxf

Remains only :wink: :

• Steering rack, gears and axles
  • Suspension
  • Rear axle
  • Possibly differentials (I didn't observe them)
  • Rear part of the hull (those doors-hatches on the sides)
  • Interior
  • And off course - the gearbox

It was a surprise for me that all four tracked "wheels" mounted on the small turntables that allows them tilt for a some angle (that limited by liftarms 60483.jpg). So, I suppose that it could be easily removed and replaced by a wheel hubs :laugh:

P.S. Green parts are just placeholders.

640x327.jpg

--- Update -------

Hurray! Finally, after some time of reverse-engineering meditation I put "one and one" together and recognized what does mean a strange icon below the left-side HOG gear (right-side is for winch) and why it has a pair of 6L links and "a some assembly made of a LBG 5x11 panels inside the trunk" contais so many extra-panels... Well, my hat's off to you Mr. Milan Reindl! Bravo!  :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Whatisit.JPG

It's a really HUGE spoiler I suppose, so I'd like to hide it :wink:

Spoiler

"Height adjustable feature" - it's a roof height, not a ride height! :tongue:

77_002.jpg

Edited by Void_S
New findings!

Milan is really a bloody genius!

Spoiler

The official term is pop-up roof tent, or roof top tent.

Also, @Void_S, don't forget that 42069 also has Ackerman steering!

Edited by nguyengiangoc

If this is true, this set got even more interesting!

Spoiler

Althought it still leaves some questions about the assembly of the rear: eab354ed71304dc9a14be954ab5c4dff.jpg

It doesn't look too much like a rooftop tent as seen in the sticker. What could it be?

Or maybe it only is the hood. Yes, it probably is :cry_sad: .

I spot a 3x7 curved panel in DBG under the fender of 42069.

Spoiler

@Kaanere Judging from the video, I think that the rooftop will go up like a slope, but it's not a tent. The real tent is the box structure with LBG panels hidden in the back. The inclined side panels can open up like windows. It's like the combination of both things in the picture below.

566814885_187.jpg

Edited by nguyengiangoc

However I'm still waiting for 3x7 and 5x5 flat panels...

Spoiler

Yes, it's a slope and a front mounting point is Dark-Red 3L axles with stop above to doors. I had an accident with my WiFi, but now it's gone, so let me demonstrate how it works:800x409.jpg

Here is an updated LXF (some progress for the axles): http://bricksafe.com/files/Void_s/42069-extreme-adventure/42069 Replica.lxf

Also I found a possible real-life prototype with side widows, but the windows are much smaller and the roof is already lifted, however the concept of a small off-road camper is the same:

1352295878_224639.jpg

Edited by Void_S

Why do you put everything in a spoiler void? To hide it? Looks like lego still has a few tricks up its sleeve.

6 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

Why do you put everything in a spoiler void? To hide it? Looks like lego still has a few tricks up its sleeve.

We are only hiding the plot twist :wink: .

Hey everyone! I've never been a huge fan of Technic even though my dad has been pushing me towards the theme since I was about 6. However, a couple of the new sets have piqued my interest. I was looking to get the new Ocean Explorer set, but as far as I can tell it hasn't been released in the USA. Is there a reason for that, or is it just releasing later in the year over here? Thanks! 

Are we expecting to see another "UCS" super-car this year to follow-up the Porsche?

Edited by eliminator

3 hours ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

@GoldenNinja3000 I am pretty sure that they will be released in August in the U.S.

How do you know? I just want to avoid buying it from a European seller if they'll be released soon in the U.S.

20 hours ago, eliminator said:

Are we expecting to see another "UCS" super-car this year to follow-up the Porsche?

Not likely at all, I wouldn't expect it next year either. First of all, it would mean reduced sales of Porsche, second, the development time of Porsche was ~4 years and TLG needs to be sure that such project is vital before another developement is started.

Nice to see some momentum on the forum again. I think the list of sets for this year is final, and I'm fine with that. Cars aren't my bag. Roll on the tow truck!

3 hours ago, Ivan_M said:

the development time of Porsche was ~4 years

For the crappy quality and functions of the released set, that's SUPER depressing :hmpf_bad:

Where'd you get that statistic? Unless you have a source, I'm calling bullpaddies. And what's to say that Lego didn't design the new one at the same time as the Porsche? That is, of course, assuming that Lego is even planning a release of a supercar this year. If they were, you would think that there would be some sort of announcement. But given that there is a bootleg porsche floating around, maybe not. I'm sure the bootleg is making both Lego and Porsche's lawyers weep bitterly.

Let's end the Porsche discussion (or take it to the Porsche topic) and continue to talk about the 2017 sets. Thanks.

Yesterday there were Ninjago leaks around (not any more), connected there could be found almost the whole upcoming catalog in well finished form. 

I can not share more than just informations, no picture.

• 42068: 79,99 Euro; upgradable with Power Functions (extinguishing control, spotlights); 45 cm long; first and third axles steered;
  • 42069: 129,99 Euro; 44,6 cm long; no functions shown;
  • 42070: 249,99 Euro; XX cm long; L4 engine; Vertical (raise-lower) + Horizontal (rotate) crane control; driving + steering; 1 XL motor - 1 M motor - 1 Receiver - 1 IR controller - 1 BB. Pretty much what we already know.

I couldn't spot differences from Toy Fair models - oh, there is one, they are properly assembled. :tongue: The catalog page still don't look finished in terms of descriptions for 42070, but  the prices look final for me, at least all other themes and actual Technic sets are matching.

There was no sign of a new supercar, looking at the page structure, there might be something coming yet, but most probably no.

On the side note: quite lame to store all (!!!) the graphical files in open web folder... 

Edited by agrof
text correction

- For 42069, how come 130 EUR translates into 179.99 USD?

- For 42070, I don't really understand why tow truck needs linear actuators for cranes. It's not like they need to lift things into great height, they just need to pull vehicles, and winches are enough for that?

Some tow trucks have cranes, to lift vehicles into towable position. Just do a Google image search.

2 hours ago, AVCampos said:

Some tow trucks have cranes, to lift vehicles into towable position. Just do a Google image search.

https://www.google.com/search?q=tow+truck+with+crane&prmd=sivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjzm-WKw9TTAhUjw4MKHVeHCPsQ_AUICigC&biw=360&bih=560#imgrc=enlvTEwWOrFikM:

On phone so can't post images directly but above comment very correct. Best search by "recovery tow truck" and u will see what we mean