Wheels on the truck are way to big for it's scale. Don't like it. Was hoping on smaller diameter tires like the ones on the Xerion, but sadly no, no useful tires for the front wheels on tractors yet. Ah well, wallet stays shut on TLG Technic models this year.

Edited by Dafgek81

Is anyone able to read the size of 42070 ... I believe it reads something over 70 cm???

Can't wait for tomorrow ... there should be a demonstration video showing us all the functions!

Not interested in 42068 and 42069. I think I might end up buying 42070.

4 minutes ago, Dafgek81 said:

Wheels on the truck are way to big for it's scale. Don't like it.

...and have wrong tread pattern. They use something like tumbler tires and not tractor tires (despite fact that I like tractor mocing).

So now that we have purple wheel arches, this could be possible? I guess these sets could be good parts donors, It will make it cheaper to pick up a set of 8 Claas wheels on bricklink.

20249768099_450bb4289d_b.jpg

Excelent point (set with 6 xerion tires...)

Edited by I_Igor
Small correction

Why not? :tongue:

Blue Ural is possible

d4f4be4840f103afeaf5a0a11aadb96b.jpg50445-1.jpg

1 minute ago, I_Igor said:

...and have wrong tread pattern. They use something like tumbler tires and not tractor tires (despite fact that I like tractor mocing).

I like tractors to, collecting and building Jurgen Krooshoop's backhoe, have good tires for the rear now, but still no good tires for the front sadly.

So how can 42070 have less parts than the Claas tractor from last year ... given its enormous size???

Just now, Tommy Styrvoky said:

So now that we have purple wheel arches, this could be possible? I guess these sets could be good parts donors, It will make it cheaper to pick up a set of 8 Claas wheels on bricklink.

Porsche would be nuts in purple. 

1 minute ago, Emmi said:

So how can 42070 have less parts than the Claas tractor from last year ... given its enormous size???

For the same reason the Taj Mahal has so many parts despite being not that big: smaller parts.

2 minutes ago, Emmi said:

How many parts does it have anyway, I missed that one.

1 hour ago, allanp said:

... 42069: Ok, now they are taking the........these Porsche wheel arches are a great new piece from last year, but you can't do much with them being orange (black, red or dark blue would have been much better for most things), so they release them again...IN PURPLE!!! What's the point of that? Nothing looks good in purple...

Well, this one looks pretty good in purple, ready to be created in Technic :)

legothelegobatmanmoviejokersnotoriouslow

Otherwise 42069 looks odd to me, like a set without a proper concept.

42070 can be a good base for a cool trial truck. I assume the manual switches can be easily motorized and by adding another controller the set becomes fully RC.

Edited by kbalage

1 minute ago, Dafgek81 said:

I like tractors to, collecting and building Jurgen Krooshoop's backhoe, have good tires for the rear now, but still no good tires for the front sadly.

I agrre my friend, but at least one tractor could be possible (to make my collection bigger - JCB Fastrac) and this is also good

:thumbup:

5 minutes ago, rm8 said:

Why not? :tongue:

Blue Ural is possible

d4f4be4840f103afeaf5a0a11aadb96b.jpg

Exactly this truck that I thought when I saw 42070. A russian truck with big tires.

Edited by evortigosa

I just love the way they did the anniversary surprise, it is very creatrive in many ways! :wub: (Luckily I have all the parts for it.)

The 2H sets look great too, though I don't really dig the 42069 (but fun accessories, I like that), let's wait for it's details. Ah, and so many new colored pieces! :thumbup:

Edited by agrof

2 minutes ago, Dafgek81 said:

How many parts does it have anyway, I missed that one.

2 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

So few parts, that doesn't promise anything good.

6 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

I agrre my friend, but at least one tractor could be possible (to make my collection bigger - JCB Fastrac) and this is also good

:thumbup:

Yes it does, but we have the Xerion for that already. Hope to build Efferman's Saddletrac with an extra copy of the Xerion, and a lot of (yet to buy) spare P.F. parts.

Well, here's a proper 40th anniversary thing, would have been nice as an actual set though. 

lego-technic-legendaeres-modell-im-neuen-look-spielwarenesse-2017-zusammengebaut-andres-lehmann.jpg

1 minute ago, AdrienHolden said:

I am sad. This year just does not do it for me, unfortunately. Roll on next year

Second that, no new TLG Technic sets for me from this (celebratory) year, definitely a bummer this year. But I'll keep my hopes up for next year.

56 minutes ago, SamS said:

Well, here's a proper 40th anniversary thing, would have been nice as an actual set though.

crowkillers version would be a proper anniversary thing. on the other side, this fits perfectly in the 2017 setup....

Edited by Milan
Removed quoted image from previous post.

I am concerned, shouldn't dokludi be posting all three replicas already? :grin:

Just kidding...

I had high hope for the truck but the colour is killing it for me - I'll probably get it for the tires and other great parts and PF off course. That snowy van looks interesting, might be fun to motorise it. Purple fenders seem ok, but there isn't really much other pieces in purple. 

That chassis remake from three sets - I don't like it - seems rather simple and really not that similar to the original.

Somebody will have to build ackerman steering and fully adjustable seats into the combi model :laugh:

Edit Just kidding, I know it's a different scale :grin:

Edited by allanp

2 minutes ago, MajklSpajkl said:

That chassis remake from three sets - I don't like it - seems rather simple and really not that similar to the original.

I don't know, I think it seems a reasonably faithful homage.

1 minute ago, SamS said:

I don't know, I think it seems a reasonably faithful homage.

Seats should be all red, front grille blue and that bulky thing in front all bley. I think the seats ruin it for me mostly.

Edited by MajklSpajkl