Appreciate it's prelim picture, but it appears every time they use those tyres on a model, it's at the cost of the crane arm on the back of the model.  Again this looks like an afterthought, lets see what the final model looks like

I like the truck needs a bit of work but that's the fun of it  and if it is Rc wouldn't this be the first trail truck from TLG?  Don't remember anything else

Also, 42070 does not look all that much like a Zetros truck. To me, it looks more like a 6x6 Unimog, albeit with a longer hood. I'd have to agree with the statements about the crane arm, but I've got another way to think about this. If the model is completely remote control, then the crane arm could not be extended manually, as it is remote control, and there is no real way to get 3 functions through a turntable. But, I'm hoping this pic is old, and the final model much better.

@Jim You might want a notepad, here's what I want to know from the Toy Fair:

How is it motorized?

Is it a true 6x6?

Are the red angle connectors on the front #3?

Is there any equipment on the back?

Underside shot?

What's in the axles?

Sigh.  The last 3 pages of this topic mean nothing to me because I don't have the pictures.

the 6x6 isnt really small, nearly large like this in wheelbase and trackwidth

15824894861_e4a9afec0d_c.jpg

i think it has a lot of chances to be good

2 hours ago, Gnac said:

Whoo I wonder what type of red angle connector that teddy is sitting on.

Yes, the only hope. I would forget TLG introducing one of two useless shades of blue into Technic. It wouldn't be enough o forget two :classic:

Well, 42070 is indeed a larger version of 8273. I didn't like that one, I sold it on eBay a while ago. I won't be getting this one either no matter how unfinalized the prelim pic is. 

The other 2 sound more promising. 

It will be very interesting to see if it is actually 6x6.  There have been plenty of examples of Technic sets called "4x4" which were NOT four wheel drive.  So does it just look like a 6x6 or are all axles actually powered?  Any time you have more than two axles it is very easy for a wheel or even a whole axle to come off the ground.  This means any open center differentials would be trouble.  I hope it has a large suspension travel.  Locking or limited slip diffs would be even better!  This has still never been done in an official set despite the fact that the 24 tooth diffs were provisioned for it.

I have spent a little more time actually cutting out this from the picture but we can see the glorious return of the #3 red connector, at least if they do not change it :sadnew:

32117560721_f8ebc387f3_t.jpgLego #3 connector Red by JJ2Sam, on Flickr

The 6x6 reminds me of a modified Oshkosh M1070 HET with a crane mounted on the back as they both have a similar resemblance in the large boxy grill structure and small windows, removed "sleeper" part of the cab, though it's a 6x6, and not an 8x8... when will lego make an 8x8 (that's not a crane). though it does look interesting, not exactly sure about the blue, but i think I prefer the cyan color in the  dragster set on me.

HET%20Crane.jpg

Edited by Tommy Styrvoky

I'm definitely not sure about the 42070, it might be the blue makes it look odd, but is it me or is there something really not right about that picture/box that might be giving us the wrong opinion, the top/left hand corner looks to be in 3d and the bottom/right in 2d, its like its been skewed - are we actually sure this is a legit leak??? I get that it's a mock up, but something just isn't right.

I like the idea of it, and it could have some good functions if it's not half baked by the time it get's to the shelves- hopefully not all panels and no gears................ Maybe it's time they brought back model team if they think there is a market for that kind of thing (I would be in that market!) rather than dumbing down technic? Personally I like both MT and Technic, for different reasons, but if it says Technic it should be Technic

I think this has the makings of being a great 2H Flagship, but after last year's offerings and being it's the 40th year it's got it's work cut out to impress... or at least impress the AFOLs, as others have said, is this aimed at us or the 11+ on the box??

Also, though going on previous years I would query this being the flagship(ish) models - age ranges on boxes:

42056 - 16+

42055 - 12 - 16

42054 - 11 - 16

42053 - 10 - 16

42043 - 11 - 16

42042 - 10 - 16

42030 - 11 - 17

42070 11+.................. just saying.............

Edited by tgrbailey
typos and rant a bit

Oh, great. I've been working (rather unsuccessfully) on a wrecker with Claas tyres for months and now Lego comes along and punts my work into Oldedom. As the old saying goes - "bollocks".

4 minutes ago, tgrbailey said:

I think this has the makings of being a great 2H Flagship, but after last year and being it's the 40th year it's got it's work but out to impress...

This is how I feel as well. I suppose if the years were switched, with 2017 already out and 2016 coming out for the anniversary, I would be perfectly fine with it. But it seems as such a shame to have the 39th year be, at least from what we know so far, much better than the 40th. Something like the first licensed Supercar really screams anniversary to me, for some reason.

I am assuming the blue is the 42050 Azure, right? I'm not sure since that red doesn't really look red, but more pinkish.

20 hours ago, Jim said:

I usually don't mingle in this discussion, but since the set names are available I will tell you what I think :wink: 

• It might be a 6 wheeled truck with Claas tires and with some RC. Probably not  for driving and steering. Most likely for the outriggers and crane.
  • It might have outriggers, boom, winch, suspension (pendular).
  • It might have all wheel drive. I doubt it has all wheel steering.
  • It might be light blue with red elements.

The tracked vehicle (Extreme Adventure) might be the love child of the Arctic vehicle and a Land Rover. Color scheme might be purple and yellow. This might be a rather odd fellow.

How comes that "what you think " of the 42070 match its prelim image :grin: Are you clairvoyant :grin: Does that mean you saw the prelim image for the tracked vehicle too

On another note, instructions for 42065 and 42066 B model are on!

I've just browsed through the 42066 B model instruction, and I feel cheated :sceptic: It use a lot ot same modules as the A model, like the motor drive train, gear box, canopy, batterbox holder, wingspan. Same feeling when you built the 42043 B model.

Edited by nguyengiangoc

I'm not really a fan of the looks, including the colors, but I do like how the stabilizers are built.  They use the new rack and rack holder part (or boom piece or telescoping piece or whatever it's called).   The racks extend downward and swivel out at the same time.  This how many real stabilizers work, and I don't know that I've ever seen this done in Lego before. 

I am curious how the drivetrain is built. This would appear to be quite a heavy model, and it will be interesting to see how Lego deals with motor placement, u-joint design, and hub design.  Perhaps we will see some new drivetrain components in the set.

Man I am really not a fan of the yellow rims, and they should really be black or red. Pretty scrappy looking crane arm too.  The entire body looks like it's made from about five or six different pieces.

47 minutes ago, nguyengiangoc said:

How comes that "what you think " of the 42070 match its prelim image :grin: Are you clairvoyant :grin: Does that mean you saw the prelim image for the tracked vehicle too

Glad I wasn't the only one who noticed Jim knew everything about 42070.

Edited by Offroadcreat1ons
punctuation

22 hours ago, Ondra said:

On page 13, this topic

Ah ok, thanks/sorry, I've slept since then and it was like there was newer info

That tow truck looks amazing! Seems like it was built in response to the question, "What's better than four tractor tyres?", the obvious answer being "six". :grin:

So is it safe to say that there would be no new supercar this year? 6x6 is a matter of personal taste - looks too cartoony to me - I think I will skip buying this year altogether for the first time in a long period. Well, maybe my expectations were set too high, given past years flagships.

Edited by thunderl

Good news for me is that Klaas tires will become cheaper after the relese of 42070 :)