7 minutes ago, efferman said:

Preliminary models could change. Simple remind the LeMans racer, and colours are changed really fast. I will wait for the nuremberg toy fair before i will judge the set in the dust.

But unless we say what we think how will the designers know what to ignore?! :laugh:

It seems like everyone is overlooking the red #3 connector on the grill... Because that for sure looks like one to me.

Can someone send me the picture too?

for me its also hard to follow the discussion

Thanks!

now that I have seen it I can say that it doesn't look very bad.

It can be better, but it could have been worse. just my opinion

Can we maybe have a link to the picture? It's hard to follow the discussion without pics. Or, could someone PM me the image? If you can, I thank you.

Anyone willing to give a hint regarding where to find pics of 42068 or 42069 (or possible a dm)? I've seen 42070. Maybe there is more to the 2H 2017 lineup than these three?

4 minutes ago, randomwalk said:

Anyone willing to give a hint regarding where to find pics of 42068 or 42069 (or possible a dm)? I've seen 42070. Maybe there is more to the 2H 2017 lineup than these three?

For now there's only one pic.

Guys, lets stop asking for pictures in this topic.

Lets keep this topic clean and to the point.

29 minutes ago, Siegfried Meyer said:

It does seem like the chassis can swivel in the center between the cab and the rear or am I just imaging this? 

It is quite possible, seeing as Unimogs and other trucks of the same type do usually have a joint in the middle. Just kidding, @Saberwing40k just taught me that they don't have joints there.

Edited by letsbuild
I was wrong...

Here's a link so people don't need to ask: https://i.redd.it/mcmhprht6x8y.jpg

Links are okay, right? If not, I will have a sketch sometime in the future. 

Also, Siegfried Meyer, trucks like these aren't supposed to swivel in the middle. What we're seeing is either chassis flex or wonky airbrushing.

It doesn't like like it's swiveling to me, just that the rear is built slightly higher that the front.

Im hoping for an very flexible chassis....

The front lights are also interesting the same as the BMW windshield , always wondered what it would have looked like as a light. 

Guys and gals, so far all we have is three names and one blurry preliminary picture. Isn't it a bit too early to pass judgement on the whole wave?

Regarding what can be seen from the image, I'd really wish TLG would make up their minds about what shade of light blue to adopt. Regular blue, dark blue, medium blue, medium azure? IMHO just regular and dark would be enough.

Also, the orange Power Functions bar on the box is currently quite bare, so I assume that the image of the controller is also a placeholder, and therefore the final product could have a 36T gear and/or come with two controllers. And, apart from the controller, nothing in the box says the PF version is the "old" 1.0... remember this year marks Power Functions' 10th anniversary, this would be a nice time to introduce PF 2.0 to Technic.

[Edit] Oh, and the detail of the teddy bear is hilarious, nice touch! :laugh:

Edited by AVCampos
Added comment about the teddy

The depth may also be preliminary, the focus for now being on the front of the box. But, with 6 Xerion tyres, the model, and consequently the box, should indeed be quite large.

1 minute ago, Offroadcreat1ons said:

Speaking of the box, is it just me or does it seem to have a lot of depth? That would hint at lots of pieces.

Yes, the box seems to be very big - this obviously should come close to 3000 pieces ... I mean the scale will be quite massive, judging by the massive Claas tires! Can't wait for Nuremberg Toy Fair - on January 31 zusammengebaut.com should present us all the 2H sets.

1 minute ago, letsbuild said:

It is quite possible, seeing as Unimogs and other trucks of the same type do usually have a joint in the middle.

I hate to break it to you, but this statement is hilariously wrong, but I can understand the confusion. Time for some education. Unimogs and other off road vehicles DO NOT have a joint in the middle of the chassis. The chassis is simply somewhat flexible, allowing for more suspension articulation. This can be seen even with pickups on terrain. There is a reason that the cab and bed on a pickup are seperate, and that is because the chassis does flex. As in this picture: 

hqdefault.jpg

As can be seen, the chassis is flexing, but there is no actual joint there. However, there are vehicles that do have a joint in the chassis, mainly articulated dump trucks and tractors. So, there you have it. This PSA brought to you by Saberwing40k.

Back on topic, the truck has really weird headlights, which are badly intergrated into the front fenders/grill.

2 minutes ago, Offroadcreat1ons said:

Speaking of the box, is it just me or does it seem to have a lot of depth? That would hint at lots of pieces.

Judging by the position of the Lego logo on the side, it looks to me to be 42043 depth. I happen to have both 42043 and 42055 boxes sitting right next to me and the depth is definitely not 42055 size. My guess is that it will be sub 2000 pieces if it contains 42030 level of PF, or 2500ish if it has less (as it appears to with the single remote).

Just now, Saberwing40k said:

[...]As can be seen, the chassis is flexing, but there is no actual joint there.[...]

Oh. Thank you for educating me on this topic. I heard somewhere that they actually did have a joint just behind the cab, but I guess I was wrong. I'll go edit that post.

2 minutes ago, Saberwing40k said:

Back on topic, the truck has really weird headlights, which are badly intergrated into the front fenders/grill.

No kidding, I didn't even realize those were supposed to be headlights before someone said it earlier.