Why would they?  If you think about it, a wider wheel and tire would be a very niche part, and most people would not notice.

Spare a thought for the wide motybike wheels, for they will never be noticed by senpai.

2 hours ago, Saberwing40k said:

Why would they?  If you think about it, a wider wheel and tire would be a very niche part, and most people would not notice.

Unfortunately that's most likely the case. The current sales probably don't justify making it more accurate. How about just a thicker rear tyre? Both of 8420's wheels were the same, only they had different width tyres

Same thing. With most Lego tires, you have to make model compromises anyway, as in using tires that are too wide, or less often, too narrow. Personally, I'd like it if Lego went for car tires in particular, because the current ones don't have proportions that corespond to any vehicle. But, more on topic, why does anybody care? I can't speak for everbody, but I care much more about technical features over tire sizes. I'd rather Lego focus on making the bike technically accurate, particularly the front suspension, than make a new mold for a feature that is largely pedantic. If you worry about it that much, then buy a die cast model, or something. Also, can you imagine having two different tires, that are subtly different sizes in a set? People would get them mixed up all the time.:classic:

Hey, can anyone put the link to Technic 2017 pictures as I cannot find it anymore - I looked at the one some pages ago, and some Star Wars sets are appearing. If this is not a problem to put the link perfect if this is an issue please delete this reply :)  

3 hours ago, AOW said:

Hey, can anyone put the link to Technic 2017 pictures as I cannot find it anymore - I looked at the one some pages ago, and some Star Wars sets are appearing. If this is not a problem to put the link perfect if this is an issue please delete this reply :)  

i cant find them but i saved them so if you have google+ i can send them to you...

4 hours ago, AOW said:

Contact at ... and I'll send them to you

Edited by Jim
Removed email address

2 minutes ago, LXF said:

Contact at .. and I'll send them to you

Don't post your email address on a public board. Use PM instead.

Thanks, I have send out PM for the pictures. 

On the other hand, have you all noticed that recently Lego is making their set in the same methodology, as the building concept and parts for the last few years? 

What I have in my mind are - the same suspension system, the same steering system,  the same main functions, very few of new parts (only those are made when really there is no other option -> like Claas, Porsche, or Mercedes - is this related to the cost cutting policy? 

I think there is enough new parts. There is still a lot potential in existing parts (not to mention the combination with System elements), and in this perspective a driver like cost cutting is good soil for creativity. :wink:

17 hours ago, AOW said:

Thanks, I have send out PM for the pictures. 

On the other hand, have you all noticed that recently Lego is making their set in the same methodology, as the building concept and parts for the last few years? 

What I have in my mind are - the same suspension system, the same steering system,  the same main functions, very few of new parts (only those are made when really there is no other option -> like Claas, Porsche, or Mercedes - is this related to the cost cutting policy? 

So you're saying the Claas has the same steering system as the Porsche, or the Volvo has the same functions as the Claas?

1 hour ago, Kman860 said:

So you're saying the Claas has the same steering system as the Porsche, or the Volvo has the same functions as the Claas?

No, he didn't mean to say that. He is saying that TLG is only bringing new parts in few sets where are really needed (like Claas,  Mercedez,  Porsche etc) whereas the other sets don't have any new or special piece.

@AOW

I guess it's something that we could expect with the big sets,  though some small and medium brings nice pieces but in not a great quantity. 

About setups,  well,  you are right in some aspects. For example The setup suspension on Porsche,  42039 and 8070 is basically the same. And the steering system in some vehicles (especially trucks) use almost the same pieces. But I suppose that it's more like a method of some designers. For example the cars mentioned above were designed by Uwe, so like the pieces part, it's something that we could expect as well.

Edited by Jonfensu

On 6.10.2016 at 3:30 AM, Jonfensu said:

No, he didn't mean to say that. He is saying that TLG is only bringing new parts in few sets where are really needed (like Claas,  Mercedez,  Porsche etc) whereas the other sets don't have any new or special piece.

@AOW

I guess it's something that we could expect with the big sets,  though some small and medium brings nice pieces but in not a great quantity. 

About setups,  well,  you are right in some aspects. For example The setup suspension on Porsche,  42039 and 8070 is basically the same. And the steering system in some vehicles (especially trucks) use almost the same pieces. But I suppose that it's more like a method of some designers. For example the cars mentioned above were designed by Uwe, so like the pieces part, it's something that we could expect as well.

Exactly. This may be the reason, but in "old days" we could count on at least few different steering systems show below ( I am not adding the suspension from 8858 or 8865 and 8880) where now a days all are the same 

Edited by AOW

18 minutes ago, AOW said:

Exactly. This may be the reason, but in "old days" we could count on at least few different steering systems show below ( I am not adding the suspension from 8858 or 8865 and 8880) where now a days all are the same 

Old1.JPG

Old3.JPG

Old4.JPG

but the morden one i think is stronger

14 minutes ago, legotechnicisawesome said:

but the morden one i think is stronger

Yes they are in deed - but if we compare the steering used in 8462, 8428 it is pretty strong too and looks better as more realistic :) 

OK, lets go back to the main subject. Just to recall, how many new parts have been spotted so far from those pictures ? 

Edited by AOW

26 minutes ago, AOW said:

Yes they are in deed - but if we compare the steering used in 8462, 8428 it is pretty strong too and looks better as more realistic :) 

OK, lets go back to the main subject. Just to recall, how many new parts have been spotted so far from those pictures ? 

quite a few, i even spotted one of the new 1l liftarm with axle on each side part in the front of the truck in 42062! and theres a new bucket in the 42061, etc

In the 42057 -> what is the part in the main rotor (the one in the midle) looks like connector angled #2 180 degrees but with axle entry in the middle. Or it is just axle/pin connector #1 with single axle in the midle ? 

I have a feeling that, for that Container Transport set with a stacker and a truck, its B model will be a 10-wheel mobile crane :grin: Does that sound familiar to you :grin:

8 hours ago, nguyengiangoc said:

I have a feeling that, for that Container Transport set with a stacker and a truck, its B model will be a 10-wheel mobile crane :grin: Does that sound familiar to you :grin:

Uhhhhhhhhhh... :laugh:

joke.gif

Finally, I have a use for this GIF!:laugh:

I shouldn't have to explain the joke, but here it is:

Spoiler

Let's see, nguyengiangoc was implying that the container transport set would have a b model that was a 10 wheel mobile crane, because 42009 had a crane A model, and a B model very similar to the Container Transport. Then, MaaBoo35 was acting as if he didn't get it, so Gnac wished for an industrial nudging machine, so that Maaboo35 would get the hint. So basically, a nudging machine is giving somebody a not altogether subtle nudge in the direction of an answer, as I am doing right now.