So the BMW Motorbike looks a lot more detailed and filled with parts than 8420 or 8051 ... that's why my estimated piece count of 650+ parts is plausible. What's for sure is that it will be the biggest Technic bike yet, both in terms of piece count and physical dimensions!

6 hours ago, deehtha said:

Where did TLG say the tumbler tires and the telescoping parts were exclusive to their sets? I only saw where the community made that judgement. I imagine in the next two years, we will see the round panels from the Porsche on another set. 

Now that I've rewatched designers video of the Tumbler ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riPTENi587w ) presenter sad tires will be introdced for the first time. My mistake ^^'

P.S. ...now back to the man subject. ;)

Edited by model850

On 30 September 2016 at 11:01 AM, Siegfried Meyer said:

I think You refer to the  MB Arocs 42043 of 2015 and not the Volvo L350F of 2014 

Yes I did, memory loss, though it was a Volvo truck, but you are right, it was the MB Arocs.   

I've just spotted the telescoping part from the MB Arocs in the container handler in grey.  This will be a really good, useful addition.

23 minutes ago, KLF said:

I bet that the B-model of BMW 1200 GS Adventure will be a BMW R Nine T Scrambler! :devil:

I would not count on B-model. with licence sets, B-models are not always there. e.g. Unimog, Claas - only attachment changes, Porsche - missing completely. Volvos (both 42030 and 45053) have proper B-models. I hope BMW will follow Volvo.

Edited by J_C

2 minutes ago, J_C said:

I would not count on B-model. with licence sets, B-models are not always there. e.g. Unimog, Claas - only attachment changes, Porsche - missing completely. Volvos (both 42030 and 45053) have proper B-models. I hope BMW will follow Volvo.

but we can count on grohl (i hope) to make a b model on his yt channel! right?

I can make C/B-model myself :devil: but it is about value of the box you buy. A+B > A

14 minutes ago, J_C said:

On the prelim. picture of BMW stands "2 in 1" what I guess means that there WILL be a B-model. ;)

Edited by KLF

3 minutes ago, KLF said:

On the prelim. picture of BMW stands "2 in 1" what I guess means that there WILL be a B-model. ;)

good spot! just notised that the tracked racer is a 2in1 too?!? i wounder what on earth lego can come up with to be a b model!

44 minutes ago, legotechnicisawesome said:

good spot! just notised that the tracked racer is a 2in1 too?!? i wounder what on earth lego can come up with to be a b model!

Probably just another RC vehicle with tracks, but has a different name. 9398 B-model, remember?

15 minutes ago, kevinb120 said:

Well I suspect it won't be a bmw chopper... hopefully a classic model.

All Technic licensed models so far have represented modern machines, probably for advertising the brand/vehicle (for example, I didn't know what CLAAS was until set 42054). I don't think that TLG would release a classic motorbike.

The adventure bike is bmw's most 'naked' model.  Otherwise they must surely have a full set of extra blue fairings for any modern b model version. Most of their bikes are fully clad in bodywork.

Edited by kevinb120

On 30.09.2016 at 11:58 PM, Blakbird said:

You can't really use part count to compare old and new sets.  857 is by far the biggest motorcycle in terms of overall volume even though it does not have the most parts.

You are correct Erik, still we could take into account the  8420 from 2005 with 506 parts and  8051(Motorbike) from 2010 with 467parts, can we? As those still lets call them are NewKind in terms of parts and building methodology?  

4 hours ago, AOW said:

You are correct Erik, still we could take into account the  8420 from 2005 with 506 parts and  8051(Motorbike) from 2010 with 467parts, can we? As those still lets call them are NewKind in terms of parts and building methodology?  

Right, when you line them up it is clear that 8420 is the largest scale of the modern, studless models.

I can't tell from the picture that appeared before if rear tire is the same as front one. That is my biggest complain about Lego motorcycles. Their tires look way too skinny. Especially rear one (since it is the same as front one - which is unrealistic)

gFRhAZE.jpg

30 minutes ago, J_C said:

I can't tell from the picture that appeared before if rear tire is the same as front one. That is my biggest complain about Lego motorcycles. Their tires look way too skinny. Especially rear one (since it is the same as front one - which is unrealistic)

Several LEGO motorcycles have larger rear tires including 8417, 8420, and 8857.

25 minutes ago, Blakbird said:

Thanks. I was wrong about 8420 - I thought it had the same tires back and front. And I did not know 8417. Thanks.

1 hour ago, J_C said:

gFRhAZE.jpg

as it took ages to load i thought the picture was the 2017 offical pics intill the motorbike started loading! XD

Edited by legotechnicisawesome

3 hours ago, Blakbird said:

This argument doesn't hold when you account for the fact that they're all 10+ year old sets. Between 8420 and now, two (8051 & 42036) of the three (8051, 42007 & 42036) motorcycles we got should have had wider rear tyres, the exception being 42007 because it was a dirt bike. J_C is right in saying Lego don't do it.

Edited by Bartybum