I'm surprised that it has what appears to be an XL-motor. And that there is no mention of PF 2.0. Maybe it is so preliminary that it isn't finished being developed yet, but it probably- sadly -isn't coming out in 1H2017.

Edited by Offroadcreat1ons
Made it make more sense.

2 hours ago, legotechnicisawesome said:

the body is right but 50% of the tracks are wrong,

Could you provide any more information on the motor's locations/tracks?, and are there pannels on the sides of the tracks, as from looking at the promotional image, it looks like there could be 3x7 or 3x11 round panels, as it appears that the injection port defect is visible from the image, thought this could just be noise in the photo. I also think I may have made the lower road wheels too shallow, they should use 4 stud long axles with stop.

2 minutes ago, Huaojozu said:

It's literally there in the post you quoted.

to me it says "r/lego leftovers jet certainly looks interesting as a model but the blue kills it for me, hate that color"

Edited by legotechnicisawesome

8 minutes ago, legotechnicisawesome said:

to me it says "r/lego leftovers jet certainly looks interesting as a model but the blue kills it for me, hate that color"

r/lego means Reddit. Here are CM4Sci's pictures: http://imgur.com/a/R5m85

Edited by Offroadcreat1ons

Why is 42066 among a bunch of other, unrelated sets? That aside, the proportions are really off, and overall it looks unbalenced. Other than that, the picture is too small to really get anything else.

6 hours ago, zux said:

This piece was quickly discontinued changing models to incorporate original worm gear.

Really? Huh. Wonder why. Well then, that probably is a new piece!

Edited by mattthewise

9 minutes ago, mattthewise said:

Really? Huh. Wonder why. Well then, that probably is a new piece!

Susceptible to cracking, couldn't feed an axle all the way through, not as robust as a standard worm secured by half-bushes. Really not sure how the part ever made it into sets.

Jet, I dont know.Looks interesting but more like some superhero personal vehicle rather than real jet.As stated wings looks unbalanced in contrast to the body.

If that's how 42066 looks then I'm really disappointed. I was hoping for something resembling at least a Blue Angels F18 (different colours and slightly different shape at least). Better yet, I really hope one of the 2H sets will be a Tiltrotor

My prediction about 42066 (but I never said this in the forum before) is somewhat correct.

When the rumours says that 42066 will be a Jet, I suspect it will be similar to 2015's creator http://brickset.com/sets/31039-1/Blue-Power-Jet, two vertical stabilisers, and it will be blue...
Just that the wing is only one instead of big+small in the 31039 creator set.

Not enough data to say that there is a correlation, but I have seen a few examples that earlier Creator sets end up Technified in latter years, e.g....

http://brickset.com/sets/31028-1/Sea-Plane (2015) -> 42040A
http://brickset.com/sets/31045-1/Ocean-Explorer (2016) -> 42064

2 hours ago, Saberwing40k said:

So, I found a jet that 42066 looks like:

24414f_21225ff835284a618dd807c1fac2891a.

Picture this, but in light blue, black and red.

More like this :pir-tongue:

24414f_21225ff835284a618dd807c1fac2891a.jpg

7 hours ago, Gnac said:

Susceptible to cracking, couldn't feed an axle all the way through, not as robust as a standard worm secured by half-bushes. Really not sure how the part ever made it into sets.

Thats why my lego set that should have came with a small worm gear came with a large worm gear then!

2 hours ago, nguyengiangoc said:

That jet looks really horrible to me. It's like the Drag Race with wings. And two red demon eyes. *exorcise*

So true. :laugh:

Thanks for the pictures CM4Sci. I see you've got a lot of (unwarranted) flack for this on r/lego, so let me counterbalance that with some gratitude.

Not liking the look of the jet so far, it's less F-22 and more Thunderbird 2 ... in medium blue. The proportions look off as well but that could just be the angle of the picture.

Edited by Jay Psi