Klaus-Dieter

2017 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

14 hours ago, williejm said:

So I'm guessing that jungle is in Asia then if it has leopards & tigers 

Thank you for the pic! Definitely in Asia :wink: I was sure it was in south America and that it was jaguars, but wondering why they did not include any macaws (parrots) in the sets, now I know why :tongue:

What a stroke of genius from Lego, 2 species and 3 types of big cat in one wave :wub:

I would like to apologize to the guys who said we would get a tiger earlier, I just thought you did not see the difference between stripes and spots :blush:

5 hours ago, Actor Builder said:

I wonder how much the Big Cats will go for on Bricklink. I love cats, and deadly cats too, but these CITY vehicles I can do without.

5-12 us dollars probably, hopefully they will show up on B&P for around 3 *huh*

I always assumed these were set in India, rather than South America as you don't find crocodiles in the Amazon (caiman only), although they are found further North in Costa Rica, etc. In addition, the word jungle has Indian roots (I would usually use the term rainforest when discussing Latin America). I think the spotted animal is also supposed to be a leopard rather than a jaguar and the temples have a more Indian style like in The Jungle Book. Not sure if you really get temples as such in the Amazon too - weren't the Incas more Andean and the Mayans/Olmecs more Mexican/Central American? I could be wrong of course.

Perhaps we'll get some South American sets another time with a wider range of new animals rather than just the big cats, or at least some of the smaller Amazonian wildlife in collectible minifigure sets (like a sloth, toucan, capybara...). I am pleased to be getting a tiger though, although typically this comes in the largest set. Is the price on the label really £110??

3 hours ago, lifeinplastic said:

I always assumed these were set in India, rather than South America as you don't find crocodiles in the Amazon (caiman only)

Well the caiman's look like a Lego crocodile and I tough it was a tribute to the old adventures jungle theme who was set in the Amazonian jungle. Clearly I was wrong, but happy to be so when it means that we get a tiger :tongue:

60162's double rotor plane looks nice, and a tiger take on the new big cat mold at least gives us diverse options for the same piece in its introductory year.

The wide usage of flame yellowish orange for jungle vehicles in this subtheme is great too.

Yeah I think it's not worth arguing the toss on the species level for the 'crocodilian' figure. Can easily be a croc, gator or caiman if you so desire ...

I like the tiger. Couldn't help to see that the adventurers are demolishing an ancient cultural build. Tisk tisk lego minifigs, that's not the way to treat our cultural history?

Hopefully TLG do sell the big cats on Bricks & Pieces (I dont believe either the Cows or Bears have been for sale on B&P, have any other large animals been for sale on B&P?)

Edited by jonwil

6 hours ago, jonwil said:

Hopefully TLG do sell the big cats on Bricks & Pieces (I dont believe either the Cows or Bears have been for sale on B&P, have any other large animals been for sale on B&P?)

I have bought cows from them, but had to phone in the order! Cost about 3$ a piece 1-2 years ago :wacko:

okay so every uk fan on here , I just visited my local smyths toy store at Salford west one retail park and to my surprise a good few of the summer sets were on display including all the new city sets so I picked up jungle theme set 60160 for £40

I don't think those jungle sets are meant to represent a real location

But yeah the jaguar/tiger/panther looks amazing

That exclusive jungle set is just stunning in my opinion. I really thought that the Exploration Site would be my favorite, but this drop helicopter set is just amazing. A tiger, crocodile, spiders, flytrap plant, and two motorcycles! Seven minifigures and all that scenery! Plus vehicles?! :wub:

I absolutely love this theme! 

On 5/9/2017 at 5:16 AM, lifeinplastic said:

Perhaps we'll get some South American sets another time with a wider range of new animals rather than just the big cats, or at least some of the smaller Amazonian wildlife in collectible minifigure sets (like a sloth, toucan, capybara...). I am pleased to be getting a tiger though, although typically this comes in the largest set. Is the price on the label really £110??

A sloth would be amazing. I'd love to see some Inca sets. 

My goodness! The Jungle Air Drop Helicopter is everything I imagined it would be. Its perfect.

4 hours ago, koalayummies said:

Since that review mentioned it I still find it odd that Lego's official part description for the boombox is the pejorative: 'ghettoblaster'. 

Lego part names aren't always the most sensitive. The conical straw hat piece from Ninjago used to be labeled as "Chinaman Hat" on LDD before Lego changed it (not sure whether it was due to internal or external pressure).

As a addition, I went back and grabbed the set with the halftrack and the small £5 jeep. 

Jeep - great little build with a cool little side build which contributes nicely to the overall theme.

Half-Track - Fantastic build for the halftrack with plenty of room on the rear bed of the vehicle, and a really well thought out track mechanic. The little 'supply' jeep included here is nice also, and the little temple structure is cool if incredibly shallow in it's nature - something I will expand upon. The Panther is a wonderful piece and interestingly - comes packed fully assembled with the same articulation as the newest LEGO horses!

Mobile Laboratory - By far my favourite set! The Venus Fly Trap is fantastic, and the little waterfall is a nice aesthetic piece which can be easily expanded upon. The truck itself is beautiful, with quite a few details in the laboratory itself, and the ability to carry all the minifigures! Plus it is nice and robustly detailed - making it really feel like a rugged exploration vehicle!

As a bonus - all the sets which include the new Machete include a second one too! Lemme know if anyone wants any photos, etc. As a Jurassic Fan, this series is quite close to that and so appears to my inner child untold amounts!

Am I the only one bothered that Big cats don't have 1x2 hole in them? :(
That would make them great as mounts!

Edited by Lordofdragonss

The bears didn't, either, and the reason for that is probably that such animals are almost never ridden by humans. They're meant to be wild, so I suppose that's being reinforced by the mold.

Thank you all very much for the pics! :classic:

About the Jungle Air Drop Heli:

I dislike that oversized, blocky car. The rope bridge is really poor. And the structure with the cave is imo too small - esp. for that a huge set. Plus instead of the two additional motorbikes TLG should have included another small different vehicle or a bigger cave structure or more animals or more cargo stuff. :thumbdown:

Apart from these, I do like the set very much: The heli is very huge, but comes in a til know never before seen design, there is some cool additional cargo stuff and the tiger looks great. :thumbup:

But the most I'm fascinated by the tower and the small cargo ship - simply amazing! :wub::wub: