Klaus-Dieter

2017 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Ah, that looks like a fine set! Nice boat and an awesome tower - will be getting it for sure!

That does seem like a nice special set for Jungle; the tower is particularly well done. Although I would hope some animals or plants are also included--it seems a tad incomplete without them. 

9 minutes ago, Captain Nemo said:

Although I would hope some animals or plants are also included--it seems a tad incomplete without them. 

Yes, I am surprised if it do not include a big cat and a crocodile! From what I can see, the black panther is no where to be seen on the pictures, so the sets do not look complete.. I guess better pictures will show up soon :classic:

Hello. Very excited to get some close photos of some of the new jungle sets. I hope that we can get some more pictures soon on that city display, I can't wait to see more of the coast guard and jungle sets. However, while I was looking through them and noticed a new roof piece on some of the large vehicles, it looks like it will fit in perfectly with the existing 6-wide roof piece.  I don't think anyone mentioned it yet, so I figured I'd say something. Over all this summer wave is looking like it's going to be a good one.

14 minutes ago, Boettner Builds said:

That new roof is the perfect mate for the current roof piece. Nice spotting!!! The new jungle theme is giving us a bunch of new usable pieces!!!

Thanks! :blush: I wonder if this part is used in any of the other 2017 summer sets. If so I hope it will be used in other colors, such as orange or white. This year definitely has some good new pieces.

Love that new cokpit piece ! It is more realistic and opens up the possibilities of the color and shape of the front of the plane . 

Edited by danimarroquin

Just watched this video from Lego World 2017 in Copenhagen and at 1:51, there is a twin rotar helicopter that looks like it could be from the "missing" Jungle set.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=-OjmSu7oUjY

Had another look and it has the set sticker 60162 and is carrying a 4x4 vehicle underneath.

Edited by scottwb2010

And just 3 seconds later at 1:54 you can see a sailing yacht in the background with green sail. That could be the missing coast guard set.

Hopefully better images of the summer wave of sets will be available from the New York Toy Fair which starts today.

Edited by scottwb2010

Well, at least we get some more new torsos and heads though that soft serve machine on wheels and volleyball net - yeah, try again Lego.

Nice to know that the new canoe and paddles will be available in a set that I already want (Fun at the Beach) and I dont need to go out of my way to buy some other set that contains it.

To bad the jungle exclusive was not on display, but the jungle theme looks great and the big cats superb :wub:

The FATB is nice and it got 5 animals *huh* As far as I can see the dolphin is a new mould as well :grin::thumbup:

Keep up the good work Lego :laugh:

On ‎09‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 0:20 PM, jonwil said:

I count the old dog mold (found in e.g. the little police officer set from 2008), the German Shepard (which has several different prints including a Dalmatian print), the Chihuahua (from various sets including the new modular), the Husky (from the Arctic theme among other sets), the Terrier (from the Dog Show CMF last year) plus all the various Friends dogs (which can fit with minifigs depending on the intended use)

Oh and there is also Scooby Doo and that Superman dog :)

There also is the Simpson's dog and a french bulldog in May. Maybe the next will be Pluto?

12 hours ago, notpennysboat said:

There also is the Simpson's dog and a french bulldog in May. Maybe the next will be Pluto?

And Chihuahua in Trendsetter minifig / 10677 Beach Trip / Big Bang Theory / Assembly Square  already mentioned, sorry

Edited by bitbamboo

On 13/02/2017 at 0:38 AM, BrickFit26 said:

I'm really loving the Jungle sets. I really want that Panther & Jaguar. :devil:

Same here, I have a zoo, so I'm looking forward to these additions. 

4 hours ago, Moon knight said:

Same here, I have a zoo, so I'm looking forward to these additions. 

Definitely, excited to see more pictures of the sets.

I'm surprised. The Jungle sets are actually...cool! City has never really impressed me with its play factor before, but those man-eating plants (Poison Ivy's gonna need a few), animals, and that temple set...I'm very pleasantly surprised, and it gives me some very welcome Adventurers vibes.