Sign in to follow this  
WickNole

"Teremok" / "Animal Mansion"

The "Teremok" (can be interpreted as "The House for Animals" / "Little Hut" / "Animal Mansion" etc.) is a Russian fairy tale of forest animals living in a house and able to talk. The animals (from fly and mosquito to fox and wolf) came by the house and started to live there, but one day a bear came and crashed the building, so all the animals were forced to flee and live in the woods since then.

(this is one of the versions for this tale, available here - http://russian-craft...little-hut.html, however, in total there are 30+ versions originated from Russia, Belarus and Ukraine)

The MOC is made for a contest held on Russian community on www.bricker.ru.

Not sure if the thing belongs here of to the historic part of the Forum. Please move to the more appropriate sub-forum if needed. Thank you.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

28780450355_d60663ed04_c.jpg

28165772693_021253c9f5_c.jpg

28165760313_fb39379f77_c.jpg

28675335802_2fc4300f8b_c.jpg

28496152450_7c58d5f550_c.jpg

28163042924_c79d17abc4_c.jpg

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I've tried to test different wall and roof techniques here, and work in a new field.

Unfortunately, the figures did not make it to the final build (I did not want to use standard figures with animalistic helmets and tried to do brick-built versions... but failed).

Hopefully, the MOC is quite illustrative for the fairy tale as is.

Edited by WickNole

I think it looks outstanding. The non-symmetric base and foliage look really well done and the the colors and techniques throughout are very well executed. An awesome MOC.

Great MOC, WickNole! You've put lots of nice colors and textures into the house. I particularly like the tiny balconies on the upper two floors and the use of an open book to cap everything off. Like HawkLord said, the foliage feels organic throughout. The reeds surrounding the little pier make for a nice scene. Congratulations on a well-done build, and good luck in the contest.

This is a really nice build. I'm glad to see that there is at least some semblance of an interior, but a little more attention there would be nice. I love all of the various plants, and the variety of building techniques. The different roofs look great. As for minifigures, I'd suggest maybe finding some Fabuland folk for the house. That might fit well with the story.

Good job!

I like the WIP pics a lot, it's not often that we get so see those. The different roof techniques that you used are very impressive, as well as the log cabin style walls on the first floor.

What a great MOC!

I love the structure of the roofs and the walls! You did a really nice job!

Some nice animals would have been nice but I know that there not as many availible as some of us wish to be!

Good luck for the contes!

Great job! The roof technique and the techniques you used for the walls are some of my favourite parts. The landscaping is also really good. :thumbup: