Sign in to follow this  

Headcanon says, this is a Distant Sky Survey team. These guys are the third line of space exploration, dispatched wherever long-range scanners and robot probes discover something that needs human eyes on the scene.

28807750386_d124d385ff_b.jpg

The ship is unarmed, I think of those pokey bits in front as parts of the hyperdrive system. All the greebling is supposed to be sensors and, hopefully, enough stealth gear to keep the ship out of trouble.

28734174052_8c70c2ba13_b.jpg

There's an opening ramp, and the roof's designed to come off. Interior is a mess of equipment and stale coffee cups.

28734173582_c42f9a4656_b.jpg

Behind the scanner operator's station, there's just enough cargo space for a little rack holding two carbines and a spare lifesupport pack, and a box for, apparently, the severed head of some alien.

28222266094_d4de0732db_b.jpg

I've been meaning to build these guys a proper ship for a while, and finally got around to it..thanks for looking!

I really like this and the back story adds a lot. I generally try to avoid sets with the aeroplane/helicopter one piece cockpit but this makes me want to get one to try out!

Very effective use of the aircraft windscreen piece, you've made it fit in to the spaceship design really well and it doesn't look out of context. Well done.

try to avoid sets with the aeroplane/helicopter one piece cockpit

Yeah, agreed. It feels overly large and overly specialized. I mostly wanted to see if I could make something decent with it - this whole thing is basically 'set 60101 in space.'

Really sweet pug-like front! Great work here! Love the colourscheme, and the shape is pretty interesting!

~Insectoid Aristocrat

really like this. great use of the big piece, and love the little removable bits from the back. very authentic looking for its crew.

...this whole thing is basically 'set 60101 in space.'

Agreed, and it works fabulously! I'm really amazed at how well you crafted the rest of the ship to keep that same stubby, function-over-form feel. This is a ship that has work to do, and doesn't need to zip around in a dogfight. It also makes me happy to see these two finally getting out among the stars instead of getting stuck with Exo-Suit duty yet again. :classic: May have to snag a nose piece from BrickLink and try that myself one of these days.