Anyone planning on putting this with a Christmas tree? :grin::sadnew:

*raised hand* Which means either we will be buying more track, or putting it entirely IN FRONT of the tree (whcih if we don't get the PF stuff, may be more workable)

........ and one missing car (typical train for me is engine, tender and three cars).......

what I'm thinking of doing is adding the passenger car from the Enlighten 'Christmas Happy' train. The only caveat I've found with the passenger car is I had to replace the wheel and axle assemblies with genuine Lego parts to get it to roll satisfactorily with PF.

1.0x0.jpg

what I'm thinking of doing is adding the passenger car from the Enlighten 'Christmas Happy' train. The only caveat I've found with the passenger car is I had to replace the wheel and axle assemblies with genuine Lego parts to get it to roll satisfactorily with PF.

[snip]

Why is Santa holding a parrot? :laugh:

The pictures of this train convinced me to finally just bricklink the parts I needed to build a Constitution engine and tender out of my collection and make some custom cars. That was fun at least. I'd like some red wheels but generally this is not worth it to me, maybe if its ever available at a good discount.

On 9/20/2016 at 8:59 PM, BrickHat said:

[snip]

nevermind the parrot, I'm still wondering why there's a monkey on the roof 

26 minutes ago, Big G said:

Parrots and monkeys are part of LEGO Pirate theme.  Maybe it is a subtle way to say we "pirated" some of LEGO's designs.  :wink:

Its a bit disapointing for a creator expert train, but happy to see a train set at last... The thing annoying me is that coupling between the loco and the tender, what the hell is that... it says a lot of the set. Gonna buy one for theme support and then modifiet it to deserve a place in my collection!

34 minutes ago, rahziel said:

Its a bit disapointing for a creator expert train, but happy to see a train set at last... The thing annoying me is that coupling between the loco and the tender, what the hell is that... it says a lot of the set. Gonna buy one for theme support and then modifiet it to deserve a place in my collection!

I believe that is called a drawbar.  It is used in real life for semi-permanent or permanent coupling between train cars.  Drawbars can have less slack and weight than couplers.

16 minutes ago, dr_spock said:

I believe that is called a drawbar.  It is used in real life for semi-permanent or permanent coupling between train cars.  Drawbars can have less slack and weight than couplers.

hmm, thanks for the enlightenment, I thought it was just lego designer poor skills :D

still hate it ...

On 9/20/2016 at 8:59 PM, BrickHat said:

23 hours ago, Big G said:

What... Santa can't deliver below the equator?

EDIT: I realized that can be taken two ways... please keep a clean mind.

Edited by fred67

23 minutes ago, fred67 said:

What... Santa can't deliver below the equator?

EDIT: I realized that can be taken two ways... please keep a clean mind.

:laugh: Either way is hilarious. But I'd expect him to have an alternate suit if he's going to the tropics, at least.

Those sounds like great ideas for MODs of the train set if you have those minifigs.  Hopefully someone will do it and post some pics.  :laugh:

I never had childhood Lego. I was just an enabling Lego Mom until I bought the first Christmas train for my son. I got it home and coveted it. I couldn't give it away. I love my WV. It eats my disposable income. I will kick myself for not buying Emerald night until I die. I did buy Lone Ranger, just to put the engine in my WV.  This year I have ordered the new train, I want some sbricks, and I'm asking for elites for my November birthday.  Any lighting advice?

Edited by GmaBlu
grammer

I am sad this set doesn't have a black lamppost (the fibula do standard) as most other winter village sets.

Mostly because I wanted to buy a ton of them on B&P.

On 28 September 2016 at 3:40 AM, GmaBlu said:

I never had childhood Lego. I was just an enabling Lego Mom until I bought the first Christmas train for my son. I got it home and coveted it. I couldn't give it away. I love my WV. It eats my disposable income. I will kick myself for not buying Emerald night until I die. I did buy Lone Ranger, just to put the engine in my WV.  This year I have ordered the new train, I want some sbricks, and I'm asking for elites for my November birthday.  Any lighting advice?

If it's for the train, the easiest option is just to use the power functions lights

If it's for your WV buildings, there are quite a few modular lighting systems out there. I use this one for most of my modulars with great results: http://www.brickstuff.com

I'm going to try it for my WV this year too

Ever since the late 80's I have lusted over the monorails and trains.  After all of that time, I finally made the plunge and bought this as my first lego train. Cant wait to put it around the Christmas tree.... of course I can see it all spiraling out of control very quickly.

I have access to a large router table.  That has me wondering if I can route a large track instead of purchasing a bunch of lego tracks.

If you are interested in purchasing the additional train tracks (that have been on back order for weeks), the US online site still has them on back order but the flex and straight tracks have an expected stock date of Oct 23.  

I was able to put an order in for the switching tracks also (7895) but no stock date has been set yet.  

I like it and will be buying one. Since the colors are fairly common it would be easy to make a larger, more detailed one that machines your internal vision for the price of what a larger Lego set would cost.

this set must have mostly small parts. 60052 cargo train has a 100 more pieces, yet it's twice the size. I already got 60052, so I think I have all the parts to motorize it. The price is a little high in CAD, but with the double VIP and free gift, may not be too bad. Really torn. 

Interesting. I bought the tracks on Oct 1, with the set. Our Lego store (Austin) had both those and switching in stock