Sign in to follow this  
TheLunabrick

Review: 1997 UFO V-Wing Fighter

Video Review:

**The Instructions**

My version of the set didn't come with a box so the instructions will have to do. The front of the instructions is what would have been on the box, so it looks pretty neat. It shows off the set flying through space on some alien planet with a purple sky and green ground. It looks quite nice and very alien and weird. The inside of the instructions are simple and looks nice. What is nice is the back of the booklet has alternate builds for the set which is quite nice. Nothing too amazing but it looks good.

**The Minifig**

The one minifig that comes with the set is Andy Droid who looks absolutely amazing. I adore the UFO line and its minifigures which look great and insanely detailed. I love how detailed and weird the minifigure looks. Its really nice and awesome to have in a collection! I like him a lot and he looks cool with a robotic detailing that just looks really nice. His legs are also printed which is nice to see from a 97 set. Overall he's a great little figure.

**The Set**

The set is very simple and looks good for the small amount of pieces used in the set. The 2 wings are just large printed pieces that look good. There are no stickers in this set which is great to see! Every piece that has details is indeed printed. I also like all the translucent parts that come with it which is cool. The set is really simple and looks nice. There aren't any actual play features in this set however but you can seat one minifigure in the cockpit and the back thrusters can be turned if you consider that a play feature. On the bottom of the ship is a satellite piece, which I have no idea what the use of it is. I can assume its meant to be like a tractor beam to abduct people. Overall the set looks very good and is very simple and cheap to get a-hold of. You can get this set really easily online for around 8$ which is worth it in my opinion for the great minifigure and cool looking build!

6836-1.jpg

Edited by TheLunabrick

Good work. I agree with your opinion of the UFO line, it was a really neat concept, revolutionary for its time even. Shame it wasn't fleshed out.

The set in question is also pretty cool, I love the figure.

Yeah the fig is great! The UFO series as a whole was really underrated imo. The sets and minifigs all looked so great.