Sign in to follow this  
Griffon

Tournement at Castle Dragonheart

Build for LegoWorld 2015 in Utrecht the Netherlands:

Tournement at Castle Dragonheart

28640279891_89278aa4a6.jpg

Picture is link to Flickr page.

The build featured moving knights (old fashioned 12V system) to mimic knights storming towards eachother.

I only have pictures of the castle as it stood on LegoWorld and on a Lowlug meeting.

Please forgive the quality I really have to get into photography someday since I do not master that at all :blush: .

Hope You like it.

Looks really great! I particularly like the gatehouses arched entrance.

For any one else reading this thread, here is the main photo. :wink:

28612191792_e71ae8c819_c.jpg DSCI0004 by Hippogryph, on Flickr

Edited by BrickCurve

Looks fantastic! There is a lot going on at the pictures: looks all very dynamic with a lot going on! I also like the vegetation. Very well done. And the castle itself is a wonderfully imposing thing. Great build :classic::thumbup:

Great build! Moving knights must have been an attraction at the exhibition. There are so many details to find beside the obvious scenes like the archers tournament, the dragon or the jesters fighting with fishes!

thanks for the kind replies, I am glad the build is being liked and that it is noticed that there is more going on than seen on first sight :classic:.

Edited by Griffon

How did you make the knights move? That is a really neat idea. I should look into that for a future show. I've always wanted to build a joust scene and that does add a lot of flair to a convention.

It is actualy quite a simple technique, just a lever that pushes a plate with the horse and knight on it. Gravity makes sure it comes down again :).

There is a video online somewhere which has the knights moving but that is just a short moment, I have to look that up.

Do you have any pictures of the mechanism you used to make the Knights move?

Steve

I'm sorry but I don't have any pictures of that, what I can do is rebuild the mechanism and make a picture of that however that is not something I will be doing in the really near future since i really need to get going with the new builds for Legoworld :classic:

as I said it is fairly simple just a technic lever pushing a plate up with the knight on top, gravity gets it down again.

if buck means that the front of the horses with knights on them go up and down than yes.

as stated in the first post of this thread:

"The build featured moving knights (old fashioned 12V system) to mimic knights storming towards eachother."

so they don't actualy go towards eachother :wink:.

Would love to see how the horses move, like others, even if they don't run at each other.

I always love the use of trees and greenery, it adds so much. Great inspiration here.

I have found a movie on the internet. It is not a movie made by me but it shows the castle and the moving knights at about 10:13.

the link is:

Edited by Griffon

That is very cool how the horses move, though my favorite part of the build is the castle to be honest :thumbup: !