1. 1. Vote your opinion

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

indexed.gif

Happy New Year, everyone!

I went to my local Wal-mart looking for an exclusive Bionicle set yesterday, but was amazed to find everything there- SW, Bionicle, EF, Indie, the works. I nabbed the JSF and the Rogue Shadow and scampered home to take pics with my new camera. *wub*

The box:

The same as the other '07 boxes. Nothing new.

img_0064.jpg

The back shows the various features, with "pop out R2." :-|

img_0065.jpg

Luckily, the intruction booklet and the DSS were intact- not folded like the last MM set I got. |-/

The DSS:

Not too bad, but printed parts would have been great.

img_0071.jpg

The figs. Anakin is amazing, IMO. *wub* Fits the CW Anie great. I noticed on the S@H reviews the kiddies were saying how ugly he looked. |-/ They need to see the CW cartoon. For the sake of my health, I should probably stop reading those. :-D

img_0070.jpg

The build. I won't go too in-depth on the build, since *vader* posted a very in-depth review here.

The start of the build:

The body of the fighter starts out long and skinny.

img_0073.jpg

The JSF's landing gear allows it to sit comfortably without getting in the way while swooshing.

img_0077.jpg

R2-D2's launching device.

img_0081.jpg

R2 in position. When launched...

img_0083.jpg

...He often gets stuck if you don't press the button hard enough. :-/ Looks like R2 needs to lay off... whatever it is robots eat.

img_0084.jpg

So far:

img_0089.jpg

The flag stickered. It's a big sucker sticker.

img_0091.jpg

Completed. I forgot to add the nose stickers before I took the pic. Warning- the nose cone sticker is actually two stickers. I thought it was one, peeled of one of the stickers, and put it on the middle of the two 1x8 plates, and didn't notice the other sticker. *wacko*

img_0094.jpg

Various completed shots:

img_0097.jpg

img_0100.jpg

img_0101.jpg

img_0103.jpg

I think this was a beautiful little set. R2's launching unit and the flick missiles are annoying, but easily fixed. I plan to add proper cannons in place of the flick missiles. Anakin is a great minifig, but he doesn't look so well standing next to my other figs.

The Brickshelf Gallery (when public)

Will

Tks Will for your great review !!

G after reading *vader* 's reviews (of that set and the RS) and yours I really can't wait to get that set and all of the SW sets :-P

Really nice photography there which is sweet !!

*yoda*

Thanks Will! This really is a nice set! Your new camera and the backround looks great, the pic quality is very good!

Thanks!! *y*

Thanks for the review, Mr. Mandalorian! This set looks very nice, and it's good to know the nose cone stickers are 2 separate ones, so they don't cross bricks. :-D That camera is working out great for ya'! Thanks again!

~Peace

Thanks for the reveiw on this great set! I actually just came home from TRU with this, maybe 1/2 hour ago! Funny! Love the new hair sculpt! *wub*

Great Review!!

I still don't like that Cartoon Anakin though :-/

Excuse me for a sec *Runs to local Wal-mart to check" :-D

Buying 08 Sets On!

P

this is a brilliant review of a brilliant set! *sweet* thanks a lot! i know this may be a bit much to ask but could take some pics of the whole instruction booklet? please!!! if you can thanks a bunch. but if not do know of a place where i could find the instructions?

Thanks, guys! I have the Rogue Shadow in the review pipes, should be up soon.

this is a brilliant review of a brilliant set! *sweet* thanks a lot! i know this may be a bit much to ask but could take some pics of the whole instruction booklet? please!!! if you can thanks a bunch. but if not do know of a place where i could find the instructions?

Take pics of each page? That is a lot. I don't know of anywhere that might have it. :-/ If you check *vader* 's review, he has a lot of pics of the build, that might work just as well.

Will

Than kyou for the review.

I don't know if I buy this set now I know there's also a Anakin in the AT-TE with a new jedi, but who knows.