Sign in to follow this  
Jvvv

MOC: Wisteria Lane from Desperate Housewives

Here's my first bigger building project from this Spring. This was a part of our Finnish LUG's modular city at Model Expo 2016 in Helsinki Fair Center in April.

Desperate Housewives has been my favourite tv series for a long time, and I have wanted to build the houses and their residents in brick for ages. I knew it would take a lot of effort, but I couldn't imagine how last-minute-ready the whole thing will finally be. You can see a few shortcuts taken here and there, but the main point was whole time more on the whole street itself than on little details.

Of course I wanted to make the residents as authentic as I could at the moment, and it was a must to include as much small story details into the layout as possible - still keeping only one copy of each character present.

I'm finishing my 10-year-inventory soon so there will be an update to my Wisteria Lane now that I have all the time, space and bricks I ever need for it.

But here's finally a photographical look over my street: (few photos here, rest of them at Brickshelf, when available: http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=565325)

There's also a gallery in Facebook about the Street: https://www.facebook...153560424156769

Mary Alice, Paul and Zach Young & Martha Huber and Felicia Tillman

small7478.jpg

Van de Kamp's house

small7487.jpg

Katherine Mayfair's house

small7499.jpg

Aerial view from the first part of the street

small7571.jpg

Aerial view from the second part of the street

small7572.jpg

Aerial view from the park end of the street

small7598.jpg

Edited by Jvvv

I'm pretty sure sure this will be a one of a kind. ;-). That's the great thing about lego that whatever your interests are, you can make something that represents your passion. Very nice work on the olive green shingle house. Not an easy color to grab enough of.

Thanks for the feedback! I have to admit that I'm almost proud of the Olive Green House. :D