Capn Frank

Pirates of the Carribean 5 Sets Discussion

Saw the movie last night. I definitely think more sets should've been made along with Barbossa and Will figures. Hopefully this does well enough to warrant a sixth film which will get us even more sets! 

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 4:41 PM, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Saw the movie last night. I definitely think more sets should've been made along with Barbossa and Will figures. Hopefully this does well enough to warrant a sixth film which will get us even more sets! 

Nope the franchise ends with this one.  But yeah movie was good my kids loved it.  I cant wait to get the Silent Mary. 

1 hour ago, zoth33 said:

Nope the franchise ends with this one.  But yeah movie was good my kids loved it.  I cant wait to get the Silent Mary. 

It hasn't officially ended. They said that a sixth film is still a possibility. 

1 hour ago, zoth33 said:

According to wikipedia:

Spoiler

Shortly before the release of On Stranger Tides, it was reported that Disney was planning to shoot the fifth and the sixth films back-to-back,[164] although it was later revealed that only the fifth film was in development. With the release of the official trailer of Dead Men Tell No Tales and subsequent television spots, it was suggested that Dead Men will be the last film in the franchise.[165] However, on March 4, 2017, director Joachim Rønning stated that Dead Men was only the beginning of the final adventure, implying that it would not be the last film of the franchise and that a sixth film could be realized.[166] The post-credit scene of the Dead Men shows Davy Jones, implying he would be the antagonist in a possible sixth film.[167]

So, maybe they might make another one.  Hopefully.

Actually (regarding possible new sets) there is not much source material to create some new / additional sets. We already have Barbossa (in two versions), and also we have all main ships except Flying Dutchman. So If there will be next movie (hope it will) we can finally expect Flying Dutchman and maybe new version of Will Turner and Davy Jones. It would make logic to do it like that, so you can either set up scene with FD under Davy Jones command or with Will... 

The chances there will be a 6th movie are actually pretty high since P5 had a great opening weekend (which indicates it will do very well overall) and there was a post-credit scene which hinted towards more stories to tell. 

19 hours ago, Mesabi said:

According to wikipedia:

Reveal hidden contents

Shortly before the release of On Stranger Tides, it was reported that Disney was planning to shoot the fifth and the sixth films back-to-back,[164] although it was later revealed that only the fifth film was in development. With the release of the official trailer of Dead Men Tell No Tales and subsequent television spots, it was suggested that Dead Men will be the last film in the franchise.[165] However, on March 4, 2017, director Joachim Rønning stated that Dead Men was only the beginning of the final adventure, implying that it would not be the last film of the franchise and that a sixth film could be realized.[166] The post-credit scene of the Dead Men shows Davy Jones, implying he would be the antagonist in a possible sixth film.[167]

So, maybe they might make another one.  Hopefully.

Yeah I didn't get to see the post credit scene my youngest son had to go to the bathroom so we missed it.  I still think Depp is done playing Jack Sparrow but time will tell. 

Spoiler

I'd love to see Davy Jones come back, but it could be an issue, since they've already done the same with Barbossa. In my opinion, Salazar was underdeveloped as a villain. I liked Barbossa, Jones, and Blackbeard much more as villains. So on one hand, introducing fresh villains is better and keeps the franchise from feeling too fatigued, and on the other hand Jones was probably my favorite villain from the franchise. In addition, Will has already had a pretty shitty life, and I feel he deserves to be left out of this mess once and for all.

On May 29, 2017 at 11:31 AM, Blazej_Holen said:

Actually (regarding possible new sets) there is not much source material to create some new / additional sets. We already have Barbossa (in two versions), and also we have all main ships except Flying Dutchman. So If there will be next movie (hope it will) we can finally expect Flying Dutchman and maybe new version of Will Turner and Davy Jones. It would make logic to do it like that, so you can either set up scene with FD under Davy Jones command or with Will... 

43 minutes ago, Captain Pirate Man said:

I want a 6th film and I want a FD. I want it all!!! 

Even if there is a sixth film (which seems likely given that this one debuted to $326 million), I don't think we will ever get a Flying Dutchman set. It's cleaned up and has become a regular ship again at the end of Dead Men Tell No Tales after Henry breaks the curse. I doubt that it would become so dirty and messed up again after it's been fixed, and making a set of the new ship would not be as interesting. I do hope that we get another movie and more sets, since that would mean new minifigures for characters like Will, Elizabeth, and Davy Jones, and potentially a new Black Pearl set.

Edited by GoldenNinja3000

1 hour ago, Captain Pirate Man said:

Lego actually made a Flying Dutchman once, so it would be easy to release it, the R and D is done.

Wasn't that for the SpongeBob theme?

Did we ever get confirmation on that? I know there was an unreleased pirate ship design spotted in a picture of the LEGO offices that we'd all assumed was the Dutchman, but I thought it turned out to be a regular pirate ship, not from the POTC line.

TC

1 hour ago, TalonCard said:

Did we ever get confirmation on that? I know there was an unreleased pirate ship design spotted in a picture of the LEGO offices that we'd all assumed was the Dutchman, but I thought it turned out to be a regular pirate ship, not from the POTC line.

TC

Don't think so.

We know the designers does a lot of "sketch" builds so even if one was built it might not have ever ended up close to a final model.

If anyone played the Pirates of the Caribbean game from Lego, it's the closest thing we got for the Dutchman in terms of scale.

On 03/06/2017 at 11:30 PM, eldiano said:

If anyone played the Pirates of the Caribbean game from Lego, it's the closest thing we got for the Dutchman in terms of scale.

Game? As in video game? Or board game

15 hours ago, Lego-fire said:

Game? As in video game? Or board game

Video game. Designed by TT games. Here's the wiki.

I stumbled across the Silent Mary being sold new by a 3rd party seller on Amazon for $125 on Thursday. Didn't notice any red flags (the seller has great ratings), so I snagged it!

I still have my Silent Mary displayed.

I disassembled the collapsed main mast and made the base of it below the "break" a bit higher and more visible. The bowsprit also lacks the mast and sail since I needed some sails to compare sizes on the masts of a Technic ship I've had in the building stage for a long time.

I bought the movie on Google Play the other day and rewatching it, I really think the movie version looks good in a fear-inducing way as the torn, wretched hull it is.
Add to that the sounds of the torn wood cracking and bending in particular scenes and this is a ship I wouldn't like to meet at sea.

I think the Silent Mary is s great set. It took some time for me to come to terms with the "scale" issues. But Lego did a great job recreating what is seen in the movie. It's one of the best Lego ships to date imo. 

On 5/29/2017 at 11:31 AM, Blazej_Holen said:

We never got any British ships. An Interceptor or Dauntless. Or Sao Feng's ship which would all be really nice to haves as well. 

On 1/30/2018 at 8:12 AM, Faefrost said:

We never got any British ships. An Interceptor or Dauntless. Or Sao Feng's ship which would all be really nice to haves as well. 

But we already get "chinese" style Junk in Ninjago movie line, and As I recall British ships are not popular to create as set...They will rather do a ship which can represent specific movie (like Black Pearl, QAR, Silent Mary...)...

Sorry to dig out this old topic, but today I saw that my Silent Mary has collapsed on my shelf (it was in the pose to eat another ship). Kind of strange, because I thought the 4 big hinges looked to me really sturdy. Did you notice something similar to your ships in this pose?