Capn Frank

Pirates of the Carribean 5 Sets Discussion

But it looks weird. My intention is to replace that crate and redish brown round plates along with that plate with socket joint with 2x2 round black bricks...and also little upgrade on the deck and cannons... :)

Just now, Legostone said:

Well, 2x2 round plates also have one and would make more sense too. Well, the masts on the ship are ugly anyways...

Yeah but 2x2 round plates doesnt fit on those dark bluish crates...

I guess replacing the current construction with round 2x2 bricks should improve it a bit... Btw, is there a 16l technic axle going through the mast? Its certainly more than 12 as far as I can tell.

Just now, Legostone said:

I guess replacing the current construction with round 2x2 bricks should improve it a bit... Btw, is there a 16l technic axle going through the mast? Its certainly more than 12 as far as I can tell.

Yep thats my intention as well...but why lego did it that way...thats another story...:)

Just finished The Silent Mary, easily the longest build i've done primarily because it was incredibly frustrating to build. The asymetrical design plus the lack of knowledge as to which parts this set has 'spare' meant that i was constantly double checking myself. It is incredibly annoying to build and i'm still unsure if the parts i have left are meant to be spare, i followed the instructions and checked multiple times yet i'm left with parts that i feel were supposed to be included in the set. I also found that for some strange reason some of the parts were in different bags - the majority were correct but one or two plates were in earlier bags even though they were not included until later - and i'm certain there was nowhere else for them to go until then. Going through the build process i noticed several times that it asks to build multiples of a part and i feel this is a bit cheap on specific segments, the four towers at the back for example all have the same damage on the lower segment because they are all the same design, just turned slightly.

The finished build is quite impressive, its slightly longer than the box it is packaged in - though it is the same size as the box in height when the middle mast is put ontop as the box instructs. Removing the steering wheel helps immensely - suprisingly removing the bell also helps, i think its just very slightly too large for the surrounding objects so it stands out as being a little akward. Figures definitely should'nt be displayed on The Silent Mary, i'd recommend potentially having them in the accompanying boat or simply infront of the model for display purposes. For playability the only real function is the raising front segment,  The middle mast is easily my least favourite part of the set - it cannot be positioned other than completely fallen other and because of the build process, having it stacked ontop makes it 'pop off' everytime the front of the ship is lifted - so ensure you hold the mast and the middle segment when lifting the front. Despite reviews there is a bit of ship 'bend' near the front - its not going to break the set or anything as i'm fairly sure its an intentional thing Lego made into the riveting joints to ensure they last longer - though it does mean you have a bit of a wobble and slight bend when displayed.

The set's scale is perplexing and the best guess is that it's somewhere sort of smaller than that of a short-legged minifigure (Salazar with short legs to demonstrate)

3kPBMsb.jpg

I'd definitely recommend it  - the design is impressive and with the included figures and Ghost Sharks it feels worth the price. Though if you can get it on double/triple VIP points or on sale then it'd certainly make you feel the purchase is more justified. In the UK there was a Lego price jump by about 20% - meaning this set would have probably cost around £150 instead of the £180 - which it honestly feels like without counting the figures/sharks. With the figures and two unique sharks i think its worthy of full price.

4 hours ago, Legostone said:

Can one of those who owns the set send pictures of the parts list in the instructions?

Here are all the parts, as always, click to see the larger versions :)

QreR1fF.jpg
trAtJ7a.jpg
SCi37d8.jpg

:3

===============

I now begin the process of 'fixing' her :3

Edited by Scarilian

54 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

I now begin the process of 'fixing' her :3

when you do please post your fixes! I would love to see it

I'm really not bothered by the scale at all. It plays well with my other ships and when I put it on display I will certainly have the ghostly crew all over it. 

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

My Silent Mary will arrive today or tomorrow :blush:

Edit: It arrived today! 

Hope the build goes well :)

10 hours ago, azog said:

when you do please post your fixes! I would love to see it

Shall do. Have a few fixes planned. The earliest will probably be repairing various segments of the current model. At the moment working on the cabin, the railings and the golden spires :P

The much longer project will be expanding the model's size to suit minifigures.

My daughter says a big box was dropped off by Fed Ex today and it sounds like LEGO!!!!! I can't wait to get home after work!!!!  :)

oh, and Bricksets review is up!!

Edited by Boettner Builds

Very interesting, he said we could design the ship before it's haunted state but that would be very hard without the sails IMHO.  Plus even they say that disney are a-holes lol.  Love it. 

On 25. 3. 2017 at 4:17 PM, Cammo said:

This was already posted on previous page... :)

Edited by Blazej_Holen

On 3/25/2017 at 1:11 PM, Blazej_Holen said:

This was already posted on previous page... :)

And now it's posted unnecessarily on this page twice. Nice!

37 minutes ago, Actor Builder said:

And now it's posted unnecessarily on this page twice. Nice!

Sarcasm?!

Corrected... :) 

Just finished building this. It was a REALLY enjoyable build and looks AMAZING in real life. One of my favorite builds in the last few months at least. 

As I was building it I came across some things that I'd like to modify later and some really fun/interesting Builds within the completed ship.

The Designer Video has been added to the first page of this topic.  Please don't post the designer video for the Silent Mary...again.  Anyone who simply posts the designer video will have their post hidden.

Thank you.

On 3/22/2017 at 1:07 PM, Blazej_Holen said:

But it looks weird. My intention is to replace that crate and redish brown round plates along with that plate with socket joint with 2x2 round black bricks...and also little upgrade on the deck and cannons... :)

Yeah but 2x2 round plates doesnt fit on those dark bluish crates...

Just got and build my ship, the thing is gorgeous.. as for the crates, there is actually an axle connector inside them joining a 6 and a 12 axle, pulling it might make the mast a bit less robust.

Just ordered the Silent Mary online. (It was completly sold out in the retail store). But I can't believe it's already in backorder. It seems to be very succesfull? It's only tomorrow that it will also be available to non VIP members.