Capn Frank

Pirates of the Carribean 5 Sets Discussion

Well if a lot of people buy the set, that sends a signal to TLG that buyers want more POTC sets. So you know what you have to do ;) I'll buy a copy, that's for sure...

On 11/03/2017 at 9:58 AM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Brick Vault removed Silent Mary live buiilding *huh*

Just explaining to clairfy :3

The live stream had internet connectivity issues, it went down while they were doing the stream. As such they technically had two livestreams. The video that went up first was actually only about half the livestream. The newer video is both halves edited together :)

3 hours ago, TheBrickHitHouse said:

Albeit from only some angles, it does look great.

Im left mystified that a $20 dollar set can feature leg printing and arm printing but a $200 set? Nope.

I think the money for leg and arm printing went towards the Ghost Sharks - also in regards to the figures - only Henry and the masthead feel like they could do with extra printing (particularly leg prints). Though it is disappointing that we dont get legs on the other ghost figure.

Having a ghostly army will be difficult when the only leg print we have in light grey has one leg clear.

LEGO-71042-Pirates-of-the-Caribbean-Dead

Personally i find the ghosts would have been much better if they looked like this - it'd give great options for variance and army building a damaged ghostly crew.
6T0vWTi.png

Hopefully someone makes custom legs so we can actually have an army of the ghostly grey crew.

I don't think this was talked about but is it just me or are you guys curious on why lego didn't include any sword belts with this set? As far as I know those molds were owned by disney and lego had no rights to put them in any other themes. So why would lego not include the mold when they had the chance? 

I don't recall any of the visible ghost crew members in the trailer wearing a sword belt, I assume TLG dropped the sword belt mold on the minifigs due to that.

I wonder, if anyone has figured it out from examining the images of the minifigs - the ghost crew member who has the ghostly lower half, what color(s) does that piece have? It looks kinda silvery/chrome/partly transparent to me, but I can't say for sure. I find that lower half piece interesting though.

1 hour ago, Error404 said:

I wonder, if anyone has figured it out from examining the images of the minifigs - the ghost crew member who has the ghostly lower half, what color(s) does that piece have? It looks kinda silvery/chrome/partly transparent to me, but I can't say for sure. I find that lower half piece interesting though.

Unsure exactly but it may be the same piece as the CMF 14 Spectre - definitely looks similar. If we have'nt got confirmation by the time the set arrives i'll do some comparisons.
20733772013_a372f28d0d_b.jpgR8iJu7I.png

Edited by Scarilian

9 hours ago, Blazej_Holen said:

Kinda nice review, but Jangbricks has better ones.

I disagree. Mostly I prefer the way Brickvault reviews minifigs (a bit more professional). But that's because minifigs are what I care the most about in a set.  Actually Brickvault has become my go to place for reviews!

I think Jang is overall the best reviewer on YouTube. I do agree that BrickVault does figures better, but then again the bulk of sets are the builds themselves which Jang always shows off well. I find that even when I've already purchased a set I watch Jang's reviews anyway because I like them so much. 

Fairly sure a debate about which reviewer is better wont help anyone :P

10 hours ago, Blazej_Holen said:

Hope there will be designers video soon, :)

I think we'll get a designer video, would be unfortunate not to given the scale of the ship and the thought that must have went into the design process. Would honestly be interested in seeing more concept art of the ship - so hopefully we get an art book or something for POTC 5.

20 hours ago, Error404 said:

I wonder, if anyone has figured it out from examining the images of the minifigs - the ghost crew member who has the ghostly lower half, what color(s) does that piece have?

Brickvault confirmed it to be the CMF series 14 Spectre ghostly lower half.

====

Looking forward to getting the set, definitely going to be re-working it into a complete vessel.

The images make the ghost part appear light grey/trans-clear whereas the CMF was dark grey/trans-clear. That may just be a trick of the light, though.

Looks like you're wrong, cause the product page actually has been updated with box pictures and more detail pictures now.

40 minutes ago, metalandi said:

Looks like you're wrong, cause the product page actually has been updated with box pictures and more detail pictures now.

Woah, awesome! Glad to be proven wrong. I last checked the page yesterday and they weren't up but thanks for the tip. And I'm sure a designer video will come eventually, just not before the VIP release. 

I've spottet more parts I want, haha. I find the price a bit stiff though, I'll likely wait and see if I can get this set for a lower price later.

Since nothing's been said about an exclusive or limited run of the Silent Mary, I take it the set will be in production for the usual run? At least available for a year?

1 hour ago, Error404 said:

I've spottet more parts I want, haha. I find the price a bit stiff though, I'll likely wait and see if I can get this set for a lower price later.

Since nothing's been said about an exclusive or limited run of the Silent Mary, I take it the set will be in production for the usual run? At least available for a year?

It's a bigger set, and I think these kind of sets hang around for at least two. The Simpsons House is the same price and is coming up on three years of availability. 

So the description has been updated after all :thumbup: I wonder why they didn't go with the new one in the first place :wacko: Though I have to say, I never thought once in my life that I'd ever hear the term "detachable ghost shark", I love it :laugh: 

Edited by Lego-Freak

Considering potentially getting two of these, one to display as a Ghost Ship the other to mod into a complete ship.

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

So the description has been updated after all :thumbup: I wonder why they didn't go with the new one in the first place :wacko: Though I have to say, I never thought once in my life that I'd ever hear the term "detachable ghost shark", I love it :laugh: 

Took them long enough, kind of sad the mystery is over.

We also get high-resolution images of the set including the box-art. It took me a while fiddling but i managed to rip one of them directly from Lego's server's - so its high res.
(click to expand, its fairly huge)

Though yeah - can probably get the others if required but i think this best demonstrates the set;

mP9FZH8.jpg

Though yeah - can probably get the others if required but i think this best demonstrates the set

See all the new posted images here. Lego servers have also updated for you to see! 

43 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Really bad resolution.

I wouldn't call them bad resolution. They are copies from S@H which also have the images. 

4 hours ago, Lego_Talk said:

See all the new posted images here. Lego servers have also updated for you to see! 

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

-snip-

While i appreciate that you managed to grab the thumbnail copies, i've decided its best to finish my plunder of the Lego website and deliver the high resolution copies of all the new images. I have avoided including all the figures because we already have high resolution versions of them.

Please enjoy, be sure to click the images to view the enlarged versions.
mP9FZH8.jpg
YcFtpGj.jpg
FYwTFmd.jpg
X52MXxF.jpg
rLgBnFL.jpg
ACmzhSR.jpg
xzj6wQp.jpg
ce3T8K7.jpg
FgYy6qB.jpg

*Feel free to use these versions for your blog, might help others to decide whether they want the set.

Edited by Scarilian