I managed to get my hands on a shark, here are some pics;

uqcpJce.jpg

FcLnyvm.jpg

lEaKnRP.jpg

OOq52kc.jpg

Please excuse the bench cover, its a bit dusty ><

Edited by Scarilian

43 minutes ago, Captain Pirate Man said:

Ok everybody, is the release the 16th or 17th? I seem to be getting conflicting reports. I just want plan accordianly.

17th, the VIP points end on the 16th. Lego timed it so you cant buy the set while double VIP is happening.

32528962771_02d5b0f3fc_b.jpg

If we are lucky they may accidentally put it online early or let double VIP roll over an extra day accidentally - otherwise it'll be released the day after VIP points end.

3 hours ago, Scarilian said:

I managed to get my hands on a shark, here are some pics;

*zombie sharks pics were here*

Please excuse the bench cover, its a bit dusty ><

I am simultaneously excited and afeared of when this thing hits US-based BrickLink sellers.

14 minutes ago, K_Tiger said:

I am simultaneously excited and afeared of when this thing hits US-based BrickLink sellers.

Are you talking about the expense that it might be? Thats what I got worried about but now I just decided to buy the whole set. 

23 minutes ago, azog said:

Are you talking about the expense that it might be? Thats what I got worried about but now I just decided to buy the whole set. 

Yeah, the cost. Neither of the other big sharks is cheap, but at least they weren't in high-priced DTC sets.

BrickVault is currently doing a live build of the Silent Mary, so I'm sure the Brick Show unboxing and review will be up soon. I don't particularly like their reviews but it's likely they'll be the only people with a video review up by the 17th.

3 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

Will be interested to see how the market is also, though i picked up a few sharks already and there will be two in the set so wont need any more.

4 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

BrickVault is currently doing a live build of the Silent Mary, so I'm sure the Brick Show unboxing and review will be up soon. I don't particularly like their reviews but it's likely they'll be the only people with a video review up by the 17th.

Appreciate the head's up, honestly i'm fairly sure i'll pick up the set. Though watching the live review to see about pieces.

BrickVault has mentioned the intention to review, so yeah :3

Edited by Scarilian

5 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Will be interested to see how the market is also, though i picked up a few sharks already and there will be two in the set so wont need any more.

Appreciate the head's up, honestly i'm fairly sure i'll pick up the set. Though watching the live review to see about pieces.

BrickVault has mentioned the intention to review, so yeah :3

Where did you buy the extra sharks?

Just now, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Bricklink, they were listed under a different type of shark as Bricklink does not have the item definition for the ghost shark yet.

35 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Taiwanese seller had 30 or so listed as the Sharkanator from the Ultra Agents line. Still has some, but I'm waiting for someone Stateside to put them up.

Okay, I'm not officially confused. In the Brothers Brick review, they got the Silent Mary box with both sharks attacking the rowboat. But in BrickVault's livestream, they've got the version where one attacks the rowboat and one follows behind the ship. Why are there two different boxes?

Just now, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Okay, I'm not officially confused. In the Brothers Brick review, they got the Silent Mary box with both sharks attacking the rowboat. But in BrickVault's livestream, they've got the version where one attacks the rowboat and one follows behind the ship. Why are there two different boxes?

The Brothers Brick review was probably of a set given to them by Lego for the sole purpose of reviewing, so had a different box art. Meanwhile BrickVault's is very likely an official set that will be for public release. Thats the only explanation i can think of anyway...

This grows on some people, but I am even less interested now. It's too incomplete. I'm sure they did a great job with the source material, but for the price and design, I think I will save money. Which is important this year. Although, once again, I love the figures, but not a fan of the set. That seems to happen with most sets these days.

Thanks for the pictures and mini-review. I'll definitely look at it more, but I don't see how my interest will change.

Guys, the box from "Brother Brick" is just the european version. Look at the picture with the concept art of the Silent Mary, the text on the right is german. Very easy to see, even for americans ---> ÄÖÜäöüß

Sets provided by LEGO for reviews are shipped from Denmark.  They would have the European version of the packaging.

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Brick Vault removed Silent Mary live buiilding *huh*

Maybe somebody found it gave out too much information at this time to LEGO's competitors a head start on copying.  It'll probably come back after the set is in general availability. 

Well you can't find it if you search for it. You have to save the webaddress. (I got it from their Instagram.)

My excitment from the set was brutally confronted with reality of what we actually get ... I will get that set because I kind alike it  but as I said, I will heavilly mod it in order to make proper cabin and other interior and exterior detatails more in my way... Set seems to be all and all more display piece rather than playset... Still great minifigs and sharks...

Maybe I wait for some resellers to get cheaper price.. 

I still can't believe all we're getting is the silent Mary and the brick heads. I think the silent Mary is great on its own, but as the only real set in the wave, just kills me. I bought almost every set in the original potc run, simply because the sets and the figures were so good, and all we're getting this time is like 1 scene from the movie. :cry_sad: