Capn Frank

Pirates of the Carribean 5 Sets Discussion

40 minutes ago, dr_spock said:

Did LEGO officially confirm somewhere that there is going to be a ghost shark or this is spooky speculation on our part at the moment?  :pir-skel:

Speculation.

We've seen a zombie shark that is identical to the trailer version, so the question is where it is.

the ship is good looking, however, ZERO swooshability and playability. Also overpriced. Let´s compare with black Pearl and Queen Anne´s...

I will pass

I think it's like the SM:H set it's not final yet, as they leave the potential spoiler fig blank. But the thing here is they'll be releasing the Silent Mary set soon. 

48 minutes ago, dr_spock said:

The ship looks supernatural unholy to me.  I think naturally a ship would not stay up without its keel.  It is like walking around without your backbones.  It might be fun to MOC an unholey version for Eurobrick's Brethen of the Brick Seas.

Did LEGO officially confirm somewhere that there is going to be a ghost shark or this is spooky speculation on our part at the moment?  :pir-skel:

5 minutes ago, kaiju said:

Don't think we've had any confirmation about the shark, just the leak of the mold itself.

As for the Silent Mary, I like it

There are pictures of the shark. And it was not a prototype, but the finished mold with printing. And there wouldn't be a finished new mold ghost shark if it wasn't to be released.

5 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Speculation.

We've seen a zombie shark that is identical to the trailer version, so the question is where it is.

That's the question exactly. The only reasonable explanation would be that there is at least a second set. But if there is a second set it is strange that we haven't at least a set number. And two d2c sets for one film would be also strange. 

I doubt it is as @GoldenNinja3000 suggested a last minute addition. That's unlikely because such a complex new mold takes time to be made and produced and it then would have been shown at the toyfair. And as said, the picture showed a finished shark mold months ago. Plenty of time to put it in the official images.

I the set really comes without the shark that would bother me; it wouldn't have been the main reason to buy the ship, but it made it more attractive. The figures are good, and I think the model is well done and fun to build, but for 200 bucks it offers nothing completely new, except Salazar's hairpiece. 

19 minutes ago, Mr Meleca said:

the ship is good looking, however, ZERO swooshability and playability. Also overpriced. Let´s compare with black Pearl and Queen Anne´s...

I will pass

How is it overpriced?? $200 for over 2,200 parts is a great deal, especially considering the Pearl was $100 for 800 pieces and the Revenge was $120 for 1,100. 

While I am trying to precces all those news ... it looks more like a MOC rather than official set...doesnt it? I know that THIS is official but still... not work of a good skilled designer IMHO

Edited by Blazej_Holen

There wasnt any single word about other sets... All that time there was "rumor" and then confirmation about 1 single D2C set which will contain huge Lego PotC ship from 5th movie. Nothng else...This is "the one". Maybe there will be some sets in future if the movie will be succesfull... But in my opinion if this ever gonna happen it will during next movie... 

1 hour ago, Ozark said:

The zombie sharks are clearly seen in the trailer, if they're not included with The Silent Mary, that leads me to believe there may be more sets!!! I really like the bow raising function, it looks like it could be displayed as an old shipwreck : ) 

I actually agree with you there.  It's clear that the shark is from this theme but yet has not showed up in the set.  The lack of Will, Barbosa & Gibbs Leads me to think that there could be another ship on the horizon, either the Black pearl or The Flying Dutchman.  For me this set is a big letdown.  The minifigures are great though.  

Are we expecting to be able to access the captains cabin?

Edit: Are we going to get a designer video?

Edited by Legoman123

1 minute ago, Legoman123 said:

I actually agree with you there.  It's clear that the shark is from this theme but yet has not showed up in the set.  The lack of Will, Barbosa & Gibbs Leads me to think that there could be another ship on the horizon, either the Black pearl or The Flying Dutchman.  For me this set is a big letdown.  The minifigures are great though.  

Are we expecting to be able to access the captains cabin?

Is this "missing shark" thing the only clue which leads you to think that there will be other sets? :) Maybe TLG decide to not include that shark into this set because he looked so much "terrifing" or there was other issues with him... 

3 minutes ago, gedren_y said:

It could just be that the shark wasn't available to the presenters in time. The box isn't there either.

Quite possibly yes, I do think we will see more sets though.  Or at least one.

The new ship looks great - the texture/building technics are just right and the minifigure selection is fabulous. I'm not a POTC fan, but it has to be said. Also, the brickheads are in my opinion some of the best brickheads yet!

Well done, LEGO!

The lego fan

I love the design of this set. It's a good sign to me that they're starting to branch out in set design, instead of the boring typical stuff they do with the ship plates. Making it like that using ribs allows them to make it even more accurate to the film, and have a more realistic shape. Hopefully we receive a new Black Pearl as well, I don't like the design of the original BP and QAV.

This ship is amazing.  I love the details of the brick built cannons and the other textures throughout the ship.  The minifigs are great I just wish we were getting more sets and minifigs.   Can't wait for it to come out.  

Edited by Jack Bricker

Heres a video of it as well, And I can already tell that im not going to get this set.... Why? Well, prototype or finished model, I dont like it simply and I dont see that this would be worth over 200 euros.... But I will wait for the reviews and other stuff when this is actually released. Here the link.

I think the ship looks great.  I like the whole skeletal look and the way it looks like the ship in the movie.  The figures look amazing.  I cant wait to get it myself. 

While I was worried that Barbossa might get sacrificed in the figure count, I am surprised that Will didnt make the cut. I definitely wouldnt mind another set with the missing named figs and the zombie shark.

I am honestly in love with this ship! To be honest I am surprised in myself. When I heard they were doing the silent mary I got heavily disappointed that it wasn't the BP or FD. But now that I look at it I love it! I am honestly disappointed with the lack of the same scale spreader around (mainly the "doors"). I am also really confused how lego didn't throw in any firing cannons! Not like I wanted them badly or anything but it shocks me that in an official lego set theg would use brick built cannons. The design and price is amazing and you can tell that the lego designer was not slack in off with this one! Buying this ship pn the first day for sure!

I was really hoping the new ship would pull me out of my current dark age but it doesn't look like it.  Maybe seeing it in person will change my mind.  Maybe if more sets (highlly unlikely) are released I'll have a change of heart.