Sign in to follow this  
KotZ

Heroica RPG - Quest #152: Wine and Di(n)e

"My my, that was interesting", Quintessa said as she wiped blood out of her rolling pin. "Do you feel tougher now, Simon?"

That was a nice fight! If the whole Hero-thing doesn't work out for me, I might consider coming here again.

But I don't think we are done just yet. There was another task, right? Be able to hold your drink, be tough and, Torald thinks for a bit, making funny faces while doing so, o, yeah, something with faith or religion. Where can we do that?

Edited by Alfadas

Heckz ignores the other heroes and immediately goes to the man dressed so glamorously.

"Your outfit. Now."

He could barely keep up the smile.

On 9/20/2016 at 10:43 AM, UsernameMDM said:

Q gets the Pickaxe & Gold.

"Are we done here?" Hoke asks as he sheathes the longsword.

simon.png

"I think so." Then, Simon puts the bottle down for a second. "Why didn't you let me help out?"

On 9/20/2016 at 11:28 AM, Sandy said:

"My my, that was interesting", Quintessa said as she wiped blood out of her rolling pin. "Do you feel tougher now, Simon?"

simon.png

"Yeah, yeah I actually do." He perks up a little bit. "That wasn't as scary as I thought it would be."

On 9/20/2016 at 0:02 PM, Alfadas said:

That was a nice fight! If the whole Hero-thing doesn't work out for me, I might consider coming here again.

But I don't think we are done just yet. There was another task, right? Be able to hold your drink, be tough and, Torald thinks for a bit, making funny faces while doing so, o, yeah, something with faith or religion. Where can we do that?

bmm.png

"Well, actually, I know of a place you can go if you would like..."

On 9/20/2016 at 0:37 PM, Cutcobra said:

Heckz ignores the other heroes and immediately goes to the man dressed so glamorously.
"Your outfit. Now."
He could barely keep up the smile.

woodland.png

"Damn it..." Mr. Woodland then removes his clothes and gives them to Heckz. (Rich man's Shirt, suitable for anyone, +5HP, +10 ether; bodywear) (Rich man's trousers, suitable for anyone, immune to Jinxed and Bound; footwear)

And then everyone laughs at the master fo the arena.

loserarena.png

1 hour ago, KotZ said:

bmm.png

Well then, good sir, please tell us. 

2 hours ago, KotZ said:

simon.png

"I think so." Then, Simon puts the bottle down for a second. "Why didn't you let me help out?"

Hoke smashes the bottle as soon as Simon's hand lets it go.

"If those fighters would have as much as sneezed on you, you would have been knocked out.  I'm not wasting my party's resources on you until you can prove you're worth it."

15 hours ago, KotZ said:

bmm.png

Heckz laughs at the man along with the crowd, but then, the black hooded man got his attention.

"Yeah, speaking of which, if this even costs me half a coin I'll make sure your corpse is lying around with those other muscled idiots."

On 9/24/2016 at 3:41 PM, UsernameMDM said:

Hoke smashes the bottle as soon as Simon's hand lets it go.

"If those fighters would have as much as sneezed on you, you would have been knocked out.  I'm not wasting my party's resources on you until you can prove you're worth it."

simon.png

"Well why won't you let me have a chance?" He straightens up and tries to appear taller. "Yeah, I'm a loser but I'm trying."

On 9/24/2016 at 2:02 PM, Alfadas said:

Well then, good sir, please tell us. 

On 9/25/2016 at 4:26 AM, Cutcobra said:

Heckz laughs at the man along with the crowd, but then, the black hooded man got his attention.

"Yeah, speaking of which, if this even costs me half a coin I'll make sure your corpse is lying around with those other muscled idiots."

bmm.png

"Oh, no I wouldn't charge people like yourself. You won this wonderful spectacle." He leans in closer and whispers. "There's a small church that I can lead you to. Now, these people are a little quiet but they're always looking for new members. I'm sure they'd love to have people such as yourself there."

2 hours ago, KotZ said:

bmm.png

"Oh, no I wouldn't charge people like yourself. You won this wonderful spectacle." He leans in closer and whispers. "There's a small church that I can lead you to. Now, these people are a little quiet but they're always looking for new members. I'm sure they'd love to have people such as yourself there."

"Well then, isn't this convenient. Lead us there, good man", Quintessa asked.

Update will be when Brickshelf stop acting stupid. Sorry guys. 

On 9/26/2016 at 8:32 AM, KotZ said:

simon.png

"Well why won't you let me have a chance?" He straightens up and tries to appear taller. "Yeah, I'm a loser but I'm trying."

"You've done nothing that gives me the idea that you deserve a chance.  You've whined, complained, and drank the whole time we've been together.  I'm beginning to think we would be doing a better service to this girl if we didn't help you at all."

Hoke lets out a sign and tries to take the edge off his tone.

"Look, the only person that can really help you is YOU," he says as he taps his finger in Simon's chest,"We can help you complete these 'feats', but what you do, who you are, afterwards is up to you.  IF you want to be what this girl wants, then it's probably going to take more than just this.  IS she worth that to you?"

Edited by UsernameMDM

On 9/28/2016 at 9:10 AM, UsernameMDM said:

"You've done nothing that gives me the idea that you deserve a chance.  You've whined, complained, and drank the whole time we've been together.  I'm beginning to think we would be doing a better service to this girl if we didn't help you at all."

Hoke lets out a sign and tries to take the edge off his tone.

"Look, the only person that can really help you is YOU," he says as he taps his finger in Simon's chest,"We can help you complete these 'feats', but what you do, who you are, afterwards is up to you.  IF you want to be what this girl wants, then it's probably going to take more than just this.  IS she worth that to you?"

simon.png

"I think she is worth it." He casts his eyes down after Hoke's lecture, but brngs them back up. "I can do it. I want to feel like I earned this too."

On 9/26/2016 at 10:41 AM, Sandy said:

"Well then, isn't this convenient. Lead us there, good man", Quintessa asked.

bmm.png

"Well then off we go." The hooded man leads the party out of the sewers and back up top, where it was still dark out. "It's not too far from here."

Well, he lied. It was a good hike from the sewers, but they made it.

cultoutside.png

bmm.png

"This is as far as I go. The rest is up to you."

Thank you, kind sir. Torald turns to the others. What now? Do we knock? Do we barge in? Never been to a place like this before. 

"We have no idea what kind of a cult lies beyond that door, so We suggest cautious advance." Quintessa presses her ear to the door to listen for any sounds coming from the other side.

Heckz laughs at what Quintessa said.

"Well, I suggest we knock the door down and tell them to make Mister...ummm...Thomas? Yes, they should turn Mister Thomas into a member. I'd break the lock myself but, well, these boots were made for walking."

He points at his boots.

On 9/30/2016 at 9:47 AM, Alfadas said:

Thank you, kind sir. Torald turns to the others. What now? Do we knock? Do we barge in? Never been to a place like this before. 

15 hours ago, Sandy said:

"We have no idea what kind of a cult lies beyond that door, so We suggest cautious advance." Quintessa presses her ear to the door to listen for any sounds coming from the other side.

Quintessa hears no audible noises coming from past the door. Perhaps people are all sitting quietly, perhspas no one is in there.

8 hours ago, Cutcobra said:

Heckz laughs at what Quintessa said.

"Well, I suggest we knock the door down and tell them to make Mister...ummm...Thomas? Yes, they should turn Mister Thomas into a member. I'd break the lock myself but, well, these boots were made for walking."

He points at his boots.

simon.png

"Uh... It's Simon. I think Torald has a good idea, of knocking." Simon then goes up tot he door and knocks. No answer from within. "Should we go inside? Should I lead the way?"

Sounds good to me. Torald carefully opens the door and signals Simon he can go inside. 

cultinside.png

Simon leads the party inside, only to find the place seems to be empty. There's a table with some blood dripping on the ground. And then, out from the shadows steps...

priest.png

"Oh, visitors. Or perhaps new disciples of Azazot?" a hooded priest says, the sound of his wooden pegleg echoing off along the stone.

6 minutes ago, KotZ said:

priest.png

"Oh, visitors. Or perhaps new disciples of Azazot?" a hooded priest says, the sound of his wooden pegleg echoing off along the stone.

Heckz entirely ignored the word 'Azazot'. Instead, he was focused on the man's boring sense of style and jacked up teeth, forcing a chuckle out of the sorcerer.

Torald decides to say nothing, and has a look around, looking for possible threats. 

4 hours ago, Cutcobra said:

Heckz entirely ignored the word 'Azazot'. Instead, he was focused on the man's boring sense of style and jacked up teeth, forcing a chuckle out of the sorcerer.

priest.png

"What's so funny?"

1 hour ago, Alfadas said:

Torald decides to say nothing, and has a look around, looking for possible threats. 

Torald finds there are no threats.

1 hour ago, UsernameMDM said:

"Azazot you say?"

priest.png

"Why yes. Is that a problem?"

25 minutes ago, KotZ said:

priest.png

"Why yes. Is that a problem?"

"Yes," Hoke replies as he turns to Simon.

"We do not want to be here," he whispers to Simon,"We can find another temple to learn piety."

4 minutes ago, UsernameMDM said:

"Yes," Hoke replies as he turns to Simon.

priest.png

"See, that is exactly the problem. You're not giving me a chance. There is no problem with being a disciple of Azazot."