Sign in to follow this  
KotZ

Heroica RPG - Quest #152: Wine and Di(n)e

Hoke ignores the feces-and-urine covered soiled pretty boy, confirming his suspicious.

Heckz was about to burst until...

Torald puts the shovel to the test and starts digging in the feces-covered ground, making sure to splash as much towards Heckz as possible.

"You stinking dimwit!"

Heckz has got enough and he attempts to freeze the sewage water under Torald so that he couldn't shovel anything.

"Next time I'll freeze your head. Too bad I won't hurt anything since there isn't anything there."

Edited by Cutcobra

Hoke lops of the monster's head and carries it back to the bouncer at the fight club.

"Here's your head."

Heckz' eyes twitch.

"Are you deaf or were you hit a lot in the ear when you were young?"

Hoke ignores the feces-and-urine covered soiled pretty boy, confirming his suspicious.

He unceremoniously plops the monster's head at the bouncer's feet.

roger.png

Roger the bouncer looks down at the zeugl head as the sewer water splashes up on him. His face seems to turn even angrier. "I will say, that's probably the biggest thing I've seen. Most just bring in the head of an elf."

simon.png

"Elves are monsters?"

roger.png

"Don't push me, boy."

Thanks Hoke, I think these items could be useful. Torald puts the shovel to the test and starts digging in the feces-covered ground, making sure to splash as much towards Heckz as possible.

Heckz was about to burst until...

"You stinking dimwit!"

Heckz has got enough and he attempts to freeze the sewage water under Torald so that he couldn't shovel anything.

"Next time I'll freeze your head. Too bad I won't hurt anything since there isn't anything there."

All that Torald finds is nasty sewer water, feces, empty bottles, and a ripped shirt. Nothing of value. But Heckz' spell causes some collateral damage. Roger just happens to be standing in the water, in the direct line of attack. His sweaty, sewerwatery body has Heckz' spell travel up him and gives him a thin protective ice armor.

roger.png

"Are you people serious?" His fists clench, but perhaps thinking better of it, he holds back and instead waves them to follow him down the sewer.

The group then comes to a metal grate where between the bars they can see a large, sandy pit surrounded by cheering, screaming spectators.

arena.png

woodland.png

"And the Cleaners have won again, folks!" a rich-looking man in the center shouts, clearing making a show to the crowd. He's just as theatrical as Heckz. Maybe even more so. He waits a moment as money exchanges hands before continuing. "Up next we have the Hoodlums and the Giants fighting each other. Place your bets!"

As the fighting gets started, Roger leads the party over to the pit boss.

roger.png

"Mr. Woodland..."

woodland.png

"What is it Roger?" He looks at the newcomers. "Oh, some new fighters or guests?"

roger.png

"They wanna fight."

woodland.png

Woodland looks them up and down. "You're Heroes aren't you? Never had any of you grace my humble establishment. See, this place isn't exactly... legit. So if you try anything, we'll have no choice to stop you." Then his demeanor seems to brighten. "So a fight it is? Well, to make all my fights fair, you can't use any of the weapons you currently hold. You have to use mine. That Pongcannis over there, Tandel's his name, will give you weapons. Spells are okay in my books. Just don't turn anyone into a bear. Last guy who did that got mauled by said bear."

roger.png

"You know, boss, I think they want to fight the best..." Roger says, clearly frosty at his treatment by the Heroes.

woodland.png

"Well, then," he chuckles. "I'd be much obliged to allow that. Heroes, you will fight The Cleaner. To the death. Now, I know how you're whole Heroica-magic works, but I'm eager to see if it's real. Go see Tandel. You're up after this fight." He looks at Roger. "Make sure your boys are ready."

simon.png

"To the death?"

woodland.png

"Yes, boy. To the death."

The Heroes go over to Tandel.

tandel.png

"Those are some nice weapons," he roars. "But can't use them. You can only use common items. That rolling pin you can use. If you have any questions, ask me and I'll let you know. If not, I'll get you some weapons."

The Party

hoke_ableword_1b.jpg

Hoke Ablesword - Champion of the Northern Kingdoms, Kraken Whacker, Titan Smiter, Serpent Skinner, and Rock Champion of Decamon

(UsernameMDM)
*Party Leader*

Human Male Paragon

Level 56.4
*Blessed, Immune: Fragile, Dark, Earth, Fire, Wind, Ice, Wood / Absorbs Poison / Deals Poison +10 and SP -1, Cursed, Dark, Light, Ice*

Power Bonus
: 7 (+2 Grand Zoot's Cookie, +5 Paragon), +3 WP

Defense
: 66

Health
: 64/118 (+10 Knight, +25 Paragon, +55 Level, +2 Chicken Drumsticks, +15 Raw Meats, +10 Helm of Prestige)

Gold
: 783

Equipment
:
Zoot's Order
(WP:40; Deals Darkness, Light, Ice, Cursed, Fragile, permanently Poisoned-by-10, hits reduce enemy SP by 1; spear, suitable for Hoke only [Hydra Tongue, Crimson Haze, Amethyst, Diamond, Ethereal Opal]),
Mythril Buckler
(SP:41, Amethyst, Mythril), ,
Hydra Skin
(SP: 2, wearer gains HP when poisoned instead of losing it, backwear),
Helm of Prestige
(SP: 5, +10 Max HP, Wearer is Permanently Blessed, Headwear, suitable for Paragons),
Bone Claws
(+3 WP, 2 SP, hand wear),
Obsan's "Masterpiece"
(SP: 10; suitable for knights, barbarians, beast masters, dragoons, marauders and regulators; Immune to Ice, Wind and Wood; bodywear),
Coat Hanger
(Allows for a second body wear, Accessory),
Sven's Heavy Armor
(SP:6, Immune to Fire, Earth, Wind and Fragile)

Inventory
:

Weapons
-
Vintul
(WP: 16; greatsword),
Gladiator Trident
(WP: 11, causes the Bleeding-by-5 effect; spear),
Wasabi Blade
(WP: 4, Fire-elemental long-sword),
Glistening Halberd
WP:10 (1/2; chance to caused stunned effect, lance),
Blue Steel Shield
(SP:5, Immune to Blind),
Fang Dagger
(WP:5, double damage to beasts, dagger),
Balanced Main-Gauce
(WP: 10, Riposte has a 1/6 chance of instantly killing the/each target, dagger, suitable only for marauders),
Blade of Tranquility
(WP: 2, deals the Sealed effect, Long-sword)

Artefacts
-
Warrior's Treads
(SP:2, Health +1, footwear),
Sharkskin Gloves
(Accessory, provides immunity from water elemental attacks),
Samurai Helmet
(WP:+4, immune Confused, Sealed suitable to knights, dragoons, regulators, winged warriors),
Sterile Gloves
(Immune to poisoned and bleeding, handwear, suitable for anyone),
Cultist Hat
(damage vs undead),
Sigil of the Cold Circle
- (Raise an Army costs twice as much ether, but raised undead are three times as powerful, accessory, suitable for necromancers),
Electro Gear
(Adds lightning-element to physical attacks and protects from lightning-elemental damage, accessory),,
Pugilist Gloves
(+2 to power, immune Weakened),
Shadeaux Cape
(SP:1; suitable to those with reputation among the Shadeaux only; if reputation is great, SP is doubled; if reputation is outstanding, SP is tripled; backwear.),
Iceborn's Improved Summoning Amulet
(Can be used once per quest to revive a fallen enemy to join the party. The enemy has a level equal to their previous level, and health equal to the half the health of the hero reviving them. Their class can be determined by the QM, and they cannot be revived by Phoenix Essences. Accessory),
Medal of Glory
(Wearer gains triple experience, accessory),

Gems
- Ruby (Fire), Etherial Sapphire (Sealed+Wind), Emerald (Wood), Etherial Aquamarine (Confusion+Water), Topaz (Lightning), Etherial Garnet (Slowed+Earth), Etherial Topaz (Lighting+Stunned), Opal

Scrolls
- Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Weakening, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Confusion, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Sleep

Tools
-
Guffington's Seal
(Proves the Hero is a Friend of Guffington. The hero starts every quest with one "Hero's Cocktail": encouraged, hastened, lucky and inspired), Bedroll, Pickaxe, Shovel 3x Smoke Bomb, Lightning Bomb, Water Bomb, Air Bomb, 2x Dirt Bomb, Confuse Bomb, Blind Bomb, Seal Bomb, x2 Stun Bombs, Skadi Bomb

Consumables
- 3x Phoenix Essence, 6x Grand Potion, Health Core, 2x Grand Tonic, 4x Remedy, 5x Ether Core, Elixir, 2x Ambrosia, Soma, 3x Mead, 2x Smelling Salts, 2x Titan Heart (Grants encouraged- and inspired-effects when consumed), 2x Flame-Distilled Brandy (Encouraged & Immune to Ice), 6x Venom, 2x Deadly Venom, 2x Feather of Flight (Allows the user to flee from the battle when used), Henry Award (Can be sold for 200 Gold or to give +1 HP or +1 Power to a character, Consumable, Soul-bound), Crimson Haze (Causes a weapon to deal the poisoned by 7 and cursed effects permanently)

Decamon Deck
- Nixie (Water 7), Reaper (Dark 8), Stone Golem (Rock 8), Carcinos (Aquatic 8), Storm Elemental (Electric 8)

ava-quintessa.jpgava-quintessa1.jpg

Quintessa of Heartland
(played by Sandy as a second character)

67 years old human female Barbarian

Level 7
*Immune to fragile*

Power:
(7+3+1)

Defense:

Health:
16/16
(8+6+2)

Gold:

Equipment:
Rolling Pin (WP:5, causes bleeding by 3; club), Heavy Armour (SP:5, protects from fragile, suitable for barbarians, knights, dragoons, skirmishers, regulators and vindicators; bodywear.)

Inventory:

Artifacts:
Sylvania's Cowl (grants
Animal Talk
job trait, headwear), Pirate’s Patch (protects from blinded; headwear), High Heels (Power +1; suitable for women; footwear)

Consumables:
5x Grand Potion, 5x Remedy, First Aid Kit (restores full health and removes negative effects from the entire party), Phoenix Essence, 2x Mead, 2x Smelling Salts, 2x Nostrum, 2x Smoke Bomb, Perfume (Can be used on an enemy to make it enamored with its applier), Candycane of Doom (Causes the target to become doomed when used; breaks after 5 uses; Has been used once; 4 uses left), Potion, Tonic, Soma

Tools etc.:
Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, Telescope, Magic Compass, Bedroll

ava-heckz3.jpg

John 'Heckz' Brutenhal
, the Ghostbuster, the Super Sleuth and the School Inspector (Cutcobra)

32 year old male human Sorcerer

Level 28 2/3
Jinxed
Spells at Double Cost* *
Darkness
Spells Cause
Weakened

Power:
(28+12)
(
Spellpower:
(28+12+10)
)

Defense:

Health:
7/35
(5+27+4)

Ether:
35/44
(5+27+1+5+1+5)

Gold:

Equipment:
Solemn Dagger (WP: 12,
darkness
-elemental dagger, 1/2 chance of causing sealed), Magician's Gloves (Spellpower +10; suitable for mages; handwear), Cloak of Blood Magic (+5 ether, attacks made with darkness magic cause weakened; suitable for mages, necromancers and chi monks; bodywear), Bad Luck Charm (Makes the sorcerer’s spells - including Razzmatazz and Sleight of Hand - cause an additional jinxed-effect, increasing their ether cost by 1; suitable for sorcerers; accessory)

Inventory:

Weapons:
Weatherfax Broom (WP:25, makes weather forecasts instant instead of being applied at the end of the round, broomstick), Rawr (WP:9, dagger), Bone Whip (WP:9, damages undead, whip),
Assassin’s Crossbow (WP:4, each successful assassination increases WP by one permanently; suitable to assassins; crossbow), Torn Whip (WP: 7; Has a 1/2 chance of causing afraid on attacks; suitable for rogues, artisans, beast warriors, harlots, marauders and necromancers.)

Artifacts:
Harlot's Outfit (SP: 2, immune to poisoned; suitable for Witches, Sorcerers and Harlots; bodywear/footwear),
False Lips (Rolling Pleasure House and KISS AND MAKE UP causes poisoned by 5 in addition to other effects, suitable for harlots only, accessory.), Venomari Helmet (SP:2, absorb poison as health; helmet),
Buffoon's Hat (Prevents anyone from taking the wearer seriously; protects from Free Hits unless the wearer is the last hero standing; headwear), Watt's Artifact (Makes the user’s attacks and spells three times more effective against demons; accessory), Robe Of The Archmagi (SP:3, Max. Ether + 5, immune to sealed; bodywear)

Spell Items:
Opal (
Ice
), Garnet (
Earth
), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Aquamarine (
Water
)

Consumables:
3x Remedy, 3x Mead, 3x Nostrum, 4x Smelling Salt, 2x Tonic, 2x Phoenix Essence,
Danab's Apple (Revives all fallen party members, restores full health and ether to the whole party and removes all negative effects from them; consumable),
Soma, Poison Bomb, Seal Bomb, Smoke Bomb, 2x Deadly Venom, 7 Bones, Forbidden Apple (has a half chance of causing blinded or transcended to the user)

Tools, etc:
Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, Telescope, Magic Compass, Blue Jelly, "Fifty Shades of Bley" (Grants access to Harlot), "Begone With the Winds" (Grants access to Weather Mage),
Black Market Insignia (Allows the owner to seek out a black market dealer from any city they visit on a quest, as decided by the QM.), Vindicator's Seal (Grants access to the Vindicator expert job class; cannot be given away)

19629865404_3247848494_s.jpg

Torald Waruelf
(Alfadas)

20 year old male human Barbarian

Level 12

Power Bonus: 7

Defense: 3

Health: 21/21

Gold: 256

Equipment
:
Sludge Glaive
(
WP:8
, pierces defense and causes either
fragile
or
weakened
; halberd), Tricorne (
SP:3
, headwear; suitable to anyone). Fighting Boots (
Power +5 on the front row
; suitable to barbarians, knights, rogues, beast warriors, chi monks, dragoons, harlots, infiltrators, marauders, skirmishers, regulators, vindicators and winged warriors; footwear.)

Inventory
: ,
Old and Rusty Greatsword
(
WP: 3
), 4 Potions, 7 Mead, Tiger Balm, , 2 Venom, Myrrh,
Crocodile Belt
(
Max. Health +2
; accessory.), Fire Bomb,
Spark Hammer
(
WP: 8
Lightning
&
Wood
elemental Hammer.
Double WP against flying and mechanical
),
2x Shovel, Pickaxe,
Broken Spear (WP: 3; Causes Bleeding and Poisoned by 2 every other round used; suitable for barbarians, dragoons, skirmishers and winged warriors.)

simon.png

Simon (Follows party suggestion)

19 year old Human male Rogue

Level 8

Health: 1/13

Gold: 2

No questions on my part, let's do this. Torald rolls his shoulders.

In the five year anniversary I won a quarter Adamantite shard (or whatever it's called). Could you add it to my inventory, please?

Hoke got a Greater Tonic (Restores 30 Ether) from the Lottery and Guffington's Seal (Proves the Hero is a Friend of Guffington. The hero starts every quest with one "Hero's Cocktail": encouraged, hastened, lucky and inspired),

tandel.png

"Those are some nice weapons," he roars. "But can't use them. You can only use common items. That rolling pin you can use. If you have any questions, ask me and I'll let you know. If not, I'll get you some weapons."

Quintessa glared at the beastly Pongcanis, but then smiled wryly as she patted her trusty rolling pin.

"Good! We would not have given it over, anyway."

"If we win, I'd like to get that fabulous outfit of yours."

Says Heckz, trying to gain the favor of the rich looking man.

Mine is better.

He then proceeds to give the Pongcanis his weapons as fast as possible, trying to rid himself of an interaction with the lice-ridden beast. After that, he approaches the black covered man with a moustached and shows him his Insignia.

"Know of any tricks to win against the Dirty-er?"

Hoke recalls Zoot's Order back into a small metallic orb and stows in back in his glove.

"You're not getting this. I give my word not to use it in the fight."

No questions on my part, let's do this. Torald rolls his shoulders.

In the five year anniversary I won a quarter Adamantite shard (or whatever it's called). Could you add it to my inventory, please?

woodland.png

"No weapons? How delightful," Mr. Woodland says gleefully.

tandel.png

"Works for me," Tandel shrugs.

"If we win, I'd like to get that fabulous outfit of yours."

Says Heckz, trying to gain the favor of the rich looking man.

Mine is better.

woodland.png

"My outfit?" he returns. A chuckle comes to his lips. "I don't think you'll win, but I'll take that bet."

He then proceeds to give the Pongcanis his weapons as fast as possible, trying to rid himself of an interaction with the lice-ridden beast. After that, he approaches the black covered man with a moustached and shows him his Insignia.

"Know of any tricks to win against the Dirty-er?"

bmm.png

The man tries to wave Heckz off, who just so happens to be blocking the man's view of the ongoing fight. "Would you-"he notices the insignia and immediately his tone changes and he whispers. "See, Woodland claims people can only use his weapons, but if he can't tell who used what, he'll let it slide. I just happen to have this ground up glass that needs some magic to be used. Use it on one enemy, and he's gonna be blinded and bleeding, but you only get one shot. So what's it worth to ya?"

Hoke recalls Zoot's Order back into a small metallic orb and stows in back in his glove.

"You're not getting this. I give my word not to use it in the fight."

woodland.png

"Oh, we have an honorable man!" the emcee shouts to the roaring crowd as the ongoing fight ends. "So are you all ready?"

QM NOTE: Just to make it clear before this battle starts, if Simon is Knocked Out when the battle ends, he is dead. If he falls in battle but is revived before the fight ends, he's alive.

simon.png

"If you say so..." he mumbles as he takes a quick swig from his bottle.

bmm.png

The man tries to wave Heckz off, who just so happens to be blocking the man's view of the ongoing fight. "Would you-"he notices the insignia and immediately his tone changes and he whispers. "See, Woodland claims people can only use his weapons, but if he can't tell who used what, he'll let it slide. I just happen to have this ground up glass that needs some magic to be used. Use it on one enemy, and he's gonna be blinded and bleeding, but you only get one shot. So what's it worth to ya?"

Heckz whispers.

"I'll give you 20 gold for it."

Sorry, was thinking some of the others were going to chime in.

bmm.png

The man inspects his bottle. "Twenty will do." They exchange goods.

woodland.png

"So if all of you are ready, line up." Once that is done, he continues. "Alright this match-up is going to be special! We have some visitors from Heroica here, and let's see if they can handle fighting The Cleaners!!"

PREPARE FOR BATTLE!!

The Enemies

roger.png

Roger

Level: 35

Type: Humanoid

Health: 500/500

Defense: 2

SPECIAL:
Bodyslam
- Roger charges the Hero and deals 6 damage, ignoring row and SP.

Drops:
Nothing

fighter1.png

Cleaner 1

Level: 29

Health:450/450

Defense: 1

SPECIAL:
Order up-
Cleaner 1 gives all of his teammates food, boosting each enemy's health by 30HP.

Drops
: 13 gold

fighter2.png

Cleaner 2

Health: 425/425

SPECIAL:
Picked at
- Cleaner 2 whacks the Hero and the next one in the battle order with 5 damage, ignoring SP.

Drops:
pickaxe

fighter3.png

Cleaner 3

Level: 25

Health: 400/400

SPECIAL:
Watch Me
- Cleaner 3 whips the Hero, making them Bound.

Drops:
Nothing

fighter4.png

Cleaner 4

SPECIAL:
Cleaved-
Cleaner 4 slices at the Hero, causing 3 damage ignoring row and SP, and makes the Hero Weakened for 3 rounds.

Drops:
Nothing

The Party

hoke_ableword_1b.jpg

Hoke Ablesword - Champion of the Northern Kingdoms, Kraken Whacker, Titan Smiter, Serpent Skinner, and Rock Champion of Decamon

(UsernameMDM)
*Party Leader*

Human Male Paragon

Level 56.4
*Blessed, Immune: Fragile, Dark, Earth, Fire, Wind, Ice, Wood / Absorbs Poison / Deals Poison +10 and SP -1, Cursed, Dark, Light, Ice*

Power Bonus

Defense

Health
: 64/118 (+10 Knight, +25 Paragon, +55 Level, +2 Chicken Drumsticks, +15 Raw Meats, +10 Helm of Prestige)

Gold

Equipment
:
Zoot's Order
(WP:40; Deals Darkness, Light, Ice, Cursed, Fragile, permanently Poisoned-by-10, hits reduce enemy SP by 1; spear, suitable for Hoke only [Hydra Tongue, Crimson Haze, Amethyst, Diamond, Ethereal Opal]),
Mythril Buckler
Hydra Skin
Helm of Prestige
(SP: 5, +10 Max HP, Wearer is Permanently Blessed, Headwear, suitable for Paragons),
Bone Claws
Obsan's "Masterpiece"
(SP: 10; suitable for knights, barbarians, beast masters, dragoons, marauders and regulators; Immune to Ice, Wind and Wood; bodywear),
Coat Hanger
Sven's Heavy Armor

Inventory
:

Weapons
-
Vintul
Gladiator Trident
Wasabi Blade
Glistening Halberd
Blue Steel Shield
Fang Dagger
Balanced Main-Gauce
(WP: 10, Riposte has a 1/6 chance of instantly killing the/each target, dagger, suitable only for marauders),
Blade of Tranquility

Artefacts
-
Warrior's Treads
Sharkskin Gloves
Samurai Helmet
(WP:+4, immune Confused, Sealed suitable to knights, dragoons, regulators, winged warriors),
Sterile Gloves
Cultist Hat
(damage vs undead),
Sigil of the Cold Circle
- (Raise an Army costs twice as much ether, but raised undead are three times as powerful, accessory, suitable for necromancers),
Electro Gear
(Adds lightning-element to physical attacks and protects from lightning-elemental damage, accessory),,
Pugilist Gloves
Shadeaux Cape
(SP:1; suitable to those with reputation among the Shadeaux only; if reputation is great, SP is doubled; if reputation is outstanding, SP is tripled; backwear.),
(Can be used once per quest to revive a fallen enemy to join the party. The enemy has a level equal to their previous level, and health equal to the half the health of the hero reviving them. Their class can be determined by the QM, and they cannot be revived by Phoenix Essences. Accessory),
Medal of Glory

Gems
- Ruby (Fire), Etherial Sapphire (Sealed+Wind), Emerald (Wood), Etherial Aquamarine (Confusion+Water), Topaz (Lightning), Etherial Garnet (Slowed+Earth), Etherial Topaz (Lighting+Stunned), Opal

Scrolls
- Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Weakening, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Confusion, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Sleep

Tools
-
Guffington's Seal
(Proves the Hero is a Friend of Guffington. The hero starts every quest with one "Hero's Cocktail": encouraged, hastened, lucky and inspired), Bedroll, Pickaxe, Shovel 3x Smoke Bomb, Lightning Bomb, Water Bomb, Air Bomb, 2x Dirt Bomb, Confuse Bomb, Blind Bomb, Seal Bomb, x2 Stun Bombs, Skadi Bomb

Consumables
- 3x Phoenix Essence, 6x Grand Potion, Health Core, 2x Grand Tonic, 4x Remedy, 5x Ether Core, Elixir, 2x Ambrosia, Soma, 3x Mead, 2x Smelling Salts, 2x Titan Heart (Grants encouraged- and inspired-effects when consumed), 2x Flame-Distilled Brandy (Encouraged & Immune to Ice), 6x Venom, 2x Deadly Venom, 2x Feather of Flight (Allows the user to flee from the battle when used), Henry Award (Can be sold for 200 Gold or to give +1 HP or +1 Power to a character, Consumable, Soul-bound), Crimson Haze (Causes a weapon to deal the poisoned by 7 and cursed effects permanently)

Decamon Deck
- Nixie (Water 7), Reaper (Dark 8), Stone Golem (Rock 8), Carcinos (Aquatic 8), Storm Elemental (Electric 8)

Quintessa of Heartland

Level 7
*Immune to fragile*

Power:
(7+3+1)

Defense:

Health:
16/16
(8+6+2)

Gold:

Equipment:
Rolling Pin (WP:5, causes bleeding by 3; club), Heavy Armour (SP:5, protects from fragile, suitable for barbarians, knights, dragoons, skirmishers, regulators and vindicators; bodywear.)

Inventory:

Artifacts:
Sylvania's Cowl (grants
Animal Talk
job trait, headwear), Pirate’s Patch (protects from blinded; headwear), High Heels (Power +1; suitable for women; footwear)

Consumables:
5x Grand Potion, 5x Remedy, First Aid Kit (restores full health and removes negative effects from the entire party), Phoenix Essence, 2x Mead, 2x Smelling Salts, 2x Nostrum, 2x Smoke Bomb, Perfume (Can be used on an enemy to make it enamored with its applier), Candycane of Doom (Causes the target to become doomed when used; breaks after 5 uses; Has been used once; 4 uses left), Potion, Tonic, Soma

Tools etc.:

ava-heckz3.jpg

John 'Heckz' Brutenhal

Level 28 2/3
Jinxed
Spells at Double Cost* *
Darkness
Spells Cause
Weakened

Power:
(28+12)
(
Spellpower:
(28+12+10)
)

Defense:

Health:
7/35
(5+27+4)

Ether:
35/44
(5+27+1+5+1+5)

Gold:

Equipment:
darkness
-elemental dagger, 1/2 chance of causing sealed), Magician's Gloves (Spellpower +10; suitable for mages; handwear), Cloak of Blood Magic (+5 ether, attacks made with darkness magic cause weakened; suitable for mages, necromancers and chi monks; bodywear), Bad Luck Charm (Makes the sorcerer’s spells - including Razzmatazz and Sleight of Hand - cause an additional jinxed-effect, increasing their ether cost by 1; suitable for sorcerers; accessory)

Inventory:

Weapons:
Weatherfax Broom (WP:25, makes weather forecasts instant instead of being applied at the end of the round, broomstick), Rawr (WP:9, dagger), Bone Whip (WP:9, damages undead, whip),
Assassin’s Crossbow (WP:4, each successful assassination increases WP by one permanently; suitable to assassins; crossbow), Torn Whip (WP: 7; Has a 1/2 chance of causing afraid on attacks; suitable for rogues, artisans, beast warriors, harlots, marauders and necromancers.)

Artifacts:
Harlot's Outfit (SP: 2, immune to poisoned; suitable for Witches, Sorcerers and Harlots; bodywear/footwear),
False Lips (Rolling Pleasure House and KISS AND MAKE UP causes poisoned by 5 in addition to other effects, suitable for harlots only, accessory.), Venomari Helmet (SP:2, absorb poison as health; helmet),
Buffoon's Hat (Prevents anyone from taking the wearer seriously; protects from Free Hits unless the wearer is the last hero standing; headwear), Watt's Artifact (Makes the user’s attacks and spells three times more effective against demons; accessory), Robe Of The Archmagi (SP:3, Max. Ether + 5, immune to sealed; bodywear)

Spell Items:
Opal (
Ice
), Garnet (
Earth
), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Aquamarine (
Water
)

Consumables:
Danab's Apple (Revives all fallen party members, restores full health and ether to the whole party and removes all negative effects from them; consumable),
Soma, Poison Bomb, Seal Bomb, Smoke Bomb, 2x Deadly Venom, 7 Bones, Forbidden Apple (has a half chance of causing blinded or transcended to the user), Ground-up Glass (Causes Blinded and Bleeding to 1 target for three turns; costs 1 ether)

Tools, etc:
Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, Telescope, Magic Compass, Blue Jelly, "Fifty Shades of Bley" (Grants access to Harlot), "Begone With the Winds" (Grants access to Weather Mage),
Black Market Insignia (Allows the owner to seek out a black market dealer from any city they visit on a quest, as decided by the QM.), Vindicator's Seal (Grants access to the Vindicator expert job class; cannot be given away)

Torald Waruelf
(Alfadas)

Level 12

Equipment
:
Sludge Glaive
(
fragile
or
weakened
; halberd), Tricorne (
; suitable to barbarians, knights, rogues, beast warriors, chi monks, dragoons, harlots, infiltrators, marauders, skirmishers, regulators, vindicators and winged warriors; footwear.)

Inventory
Old and Rusty Greatsword
(
Crocodile Belt
(
Max. Health +2
Spark Hammer
(
Lightning
&
Wood
elemental Hammer.
),
2x Shovel, Pickaxe,
Broken Spear (WP: 3; Causes Bleeding and Poisoned by 2 every other round used; suitable for barbarians, dragoons, skirmishers and winged warriors.)

simon.png

Level 8

Party leader, please choose an order. Everyone choose an action and row. Reminder, if Simon is KOd at the end of the battle, he is dead.

Sizing up her opponents, Quintessa decides that Cleaner 3 is a suitable target, so she attacks him from the back row.

Were we supposed to get different weapons?

Roger, front Row

Battle Order:

Hoke

Heckz

Q

Torald

Simon (does nothing, back row)

I was expecting you guys to ask for weapons, and when you didn't, thought you would be going fists. If you want, they can toss you weapons.

Round 1 of Cleaning up the Ring

Hoke vs Roger: Smite (56+7=63x2=126dmg; 126-2=124; 500-124=376HP)

Heckz vs Cleaner 2 (back): Sleight of Hand (Cleaner 2 now Confused for 3 rounds; no gold stolen; 35-1=34 ether)

Q vs Cleaner 3 (back): Damage (29-5=24/2=12dmg; 16-12=4HP)

Torald vs Cleaner 4: Miss

Free Hits:

Cleaner 1 vs Hoke: 29-66=0 dmg

Hoke gains 12 HP (64+12=76HP)

woodland.png

"Take a look at that folks! Hoke just smashed Roger's jaw! And there's some magic the well-dressed man caused on the second Cleaner! Oh, there's the Heroes we know! Failing, ha! Lady Quintessa just got critically wounded, and the other barbarian just missed. Wait, why's that last guy just standing there?"

The Enemies

roger.png

Roger

Health: 376/500

SPECIAL:
Bodyslam

Drops:
Nothing

fighter1.png

Cleaner 1

SPECIAL:
Order up-
Cleaner 1 gives all of his teammates food, boosting each enemy's health by 30HP.

Drops

fighter2.png

Cleaner 2 *Confused*

Health: 425/425

SPECIAL:
Picked at
- Cleaner 2 whacks the Hero and the next one in the battle order with 5 damage, ignoring SP.

Drops:
pickaxe

fighter3.png

Cleaner 3

SPECIAL:
Watch Me

Drops:
Nothing

fighter4.png

Cleaner 4

SPECIAL:
Cleaved-
Cleaner 4 slices at the Hero, causing 3 damage ignoring row and SP, and makes the Hero Weakened for 3 rounds.

Drops:
Nothing

The Party

hoke_ableword_1b.jpg

(UsernameMDM)
*Party Leader*

Human Male Paragon

Level 56.4

Power Bonus

Defense

Health
: 76/118 (+10 Knight, +25 Paragon, +55 Level, +2 Chicken Drumsticks, +15 Raw Meats, +10 Helm of Prestige)

Gold

Equipment
:
Zoot's Order
Mythril Buckler
Hydra Skin
Helm of Prestige
Bone Claws
Obsan's "Masterpiece"
Coat Hanger
Sven's Heavy Armor

Inventory
:

Weapons
-
Vintul
Gladiator Trident
Wasabi Blade
Glistening Halberd
Blue Steel Shield
Fang Dagger
Balanced Main-Gauce
Blade of Tranquility

Artefacts
-
Warrior's Treads
Sharkskin Gloves
Samurai Helmet
Sterile Gloves
Cultist Hat
(damage vs undead),
Sigil of the Cold Circle
Electro Gear
Pugilist Gloves
Shadeaux Cape
Medal of Glory

Gems

Scrolls

Tools
-
Guffington's Seal

Consumables

Decamon Deck

Quintessa of Heartland

Level 7
*Immune to fragile*

Power:
(7+3+1)

Defense:

Health:
4/16
(8+6+2)

Gold:

Equipment:

Inventory:

Artifacts:
Sylvania's Cowl (grants
Animal Talk

Consumables:

Tools etc.:

ava-heckz3.jpg

John 'Heckz' Brutenhal

Level 28 2/3
Jinxed
Spells at Double Cost* *
Darkness
Spells Cause
Weakened

Power:
(28+12)
(
Spellpower:
(28+12+10)
)

Defense:

Health:
7/35
(5+27+4)

Ether:
34/44
(5+27+1+5+1+5)

Gold:

Equipment:
darkness

Inventory:

Weapons:

Artifacts:

Spell Items:
Opal (
Ice
), Garnet (
Earth
), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Aquamarine (
Water
)

Consumables:
Soma, Poison Bomb, Seal Bomb, Smoke Bomb, 2x Deadly Venom, 7 Bones, Forbidden Apple (has a half chance of causing blinded or transcended to the user), Ground-up Glass (Causes Blinded and Bleeding to 1 target for three turns; costs 1 ether)

Tools, etc:

Torald Waruelf
(Alfadas)

Level 12

Equipment
:
Sludge Glaive
(
fragile
or
weakened
; halberd), Tricorne (

Inventory
Old and Rusty Greatsword
(
Crocodile Belt
(
Max. Health +2
Spark Hammer
(
Lightning
&
Wood
elemental Hammer.
),
2x Shovel, Pickaxe,

simon.png

Level 8

Party leader, please choose an order. Everyone choose an action and row. Reminder, if Simon is KOd at the end of the battle, he is dead.

(OoC - I took it that you were going to offer weapons or just give us some.)

Repeat ALL.

Edited by UsernameMDM

Quintessa used a potion on Simon from the back row.

"Do drink this, young man. You look worse for wear." She then turned to the others. "Let Us handle the healing this time, Our companions, for these foes look a bit too much for Us to handle."

Round 2 of Cleaning up the Ring

Hoke vs Roger: Critical Smite (56+7=63x3=189dmg; 189-2=187dmg;376-187=189HP)

Heckz vs Cleaner 2 (back): Great Spell (12+10=22x2=44dmg; 44-2=42dmg; 425-42=383HP; -1 ether)

Q uses potion on Simon (Simon gains 10HP; 1+10=11HP)

Torald vs Cleaner 4: Extra Critical Hit (7x3=21+12=33dmg; 400-33=367HP)

Free Hits:

Cleaner 1 vs Hoke: 29-66=0 dmg

Cleaner 3 vs Heckz: 25/2=12dmg; 7-12=0HP; Heckz KO'd

woodland.png

"And the Heroes are crushing the Cleaners! Look at that from the armored man, he's destroying fan favorite Roger! And that tricky sorcerer has some magic up his sleeves. The timid guy looks like he's feeling better, and oh! the male barbarian Temald--Temald right?--Does his own bit of damage." Mr. Woodland lets out a cheer. "And there goes one! The smart sorcerer falls! Let's see if he gets up!"

simon.png

"Uh, Hoke, want me to do anything?"

fighter2.png

"Roger! Why did you hit me?"

roger.png

"I didn't hit you! It wa... you know what, keep doing what you're doing."

woodland.png

"Looks like we have some chatter boxes!"

The Enemies

roger.png

Roger

Health: 189/500

SPECIAL:
Bodyslam

Drops:
Nothing

fighter1.png

Cleaner 1

SPECIAL:
Order up-

Drops

fighter2.png

Cleaner 2 *Confused* *Jinxed* *Weakened*

Health: 383/425

SPECIAL:
Picked at

Drops:
pickaxe

fighter3.png

Cleaner 3

SPECIAL:
Watch Me

Drops:
Nothing

fighter4.png

Cleaner 4

Health: 367/400

SPECIAL:
Cleaved-

Drops:
Nothing

The Party

hoke_ableword_1b.jpg

(UsernameMDM)
*Party Leader*

Human Male Paragon

Level 56.4

Power Bonus

Defense

Health
: 76/118 (+10 Knight, +25 Paragon, +55 Level, +2 Chicken Drumsticks, +15 Raw Meats, +10 Helm of Prestige)

Gold

Equipment
:
Zoot's Order
Mythril Buckler
Hydra Skin
Helm of Prestige
Bone Claws
Obsan's "Masterpiece"
Coat Hanger
Sven's Heavy Armor

Inventory
:

Weapons
-
Vintul
Gladiator Trident
Wasabi Blade
Glistening Halberd
Blue Steel Shield
Fang Dagger
Balanced Main-Gauce
Blade of Tranquility

Artefacts
-
Warrior's Treads
Sharkskin Gloves
Samurai Helmet
Sterile Gloves
Cultist Hat
(damage vs undead),
Sigil of the Cold Circle
Electro Gear
Pugilist Gloves
Shadeaux Cape
Medal of Glory

Gems

Scrolls

Tools
-
Guffington's Seal

Consumables

Decamon Deck

Quintessa of Heartland

Level 7
*Immune to fragile*

Power:
(7+3+1)

Defense:

Health:
4/16
(8+6+2)

Gold:

Equipment:

Inventory:

Artifacts:
Sylvania's Cowl (grants
Animal Talk

Consumables:
5x Grand Potion, 5x Remedy, First Aid Kit (restores full health and removes negative effects from the entire party), Phoenix Essence, 2x Mead, 2x Smelling Salts, 2x Nostrum, 2x Smoke Bomb, Perfume (Can be used on an enemy to make it enamored with its applier), Candycane of Doom (Causes the target to become doomed when used; breaks after 5 uses; Has been used once; 4 uses left), Tonic, Soma

Tools etc.:

ava-heckz3.jpg

John 'Heckz' Brutenhal
KO'd

Level 28 2/3
Jinxed
Spells at Double Cost* *
Darkness
Spells Cause
Weakened

Power:
(28+12)
(
Spellpower:
(28+12+10)
)

Defense:

Health:
0/35
(5+27+4)

Ether:
32/44
(5+27+1+5+1+5)

Gold:

Equipment:
darkness

Inventory:

Weapons:

Artifacts:

Spell Items:
Opal (
Ice
), Garnet (
Earth
), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Aquamarine (
Water
)

Consumables:

Tools, etc:

Torald Waruelf
(Alfadas)

Level 12

Equipment
:
Sludge Glaive
(
fragile
or
weakened
; halberd), Tricorne (

Inventory
Old and Rusty Greatsword
(
Crocodile Belt
(
Max. Health +2
Spark Hammer
(
Lightning
&
Wood
elemental Hammer.
),
2x Shovel, Pickaxe,

simon.png

Level 8

Health: 11/13

Edited by KotZ

Hey, mister fancy-dress! The name is Torald! Torald realizes his attacks are not doing much, but he continues to throw punches at Cleaner 4, front row.

Edited by Alfadas