Sign in to follow this  
Wookiee

Australia's first Lego Certified store

Not sure if this topic is elsewhere. I did not find it in a search.

Australia will get its first Lego certified store later this year. It will be located at Dreamworld just north of the Gold Coast and will be 350 sq meters. including PAB wall.

I personally am stoked as i would have thought Sydney or Melbourne for sure would get a store first.

It's about time LEGO stopped bludging and gave you lot something official! Hopefully this means Oz won't get mugged so much on prices now.

Unfortunately this was delayed due to the sad circumstances that occurred at Dreamworld.

Luckily it will open this month. My wife said she had read rumours that it would not open so i had to find out for myself. We took a drive past and you can see a large store has been built and branded.

I then contacted Dreamworld to ask the question and the response came back that the store will definitely open in January.

I think my first purchase from there will be assembly square .

Meanwhile Dreamworld itself is apparently a ghost town despite it being the main school holidays here...their reputation is so badly tarnished I'm not sure it will survive. Not sure if the investors in this Lego store are going to be too pleased at the moment.

On 04/01/2017 at 10:03 AM, TeufelHund said:

Meanwhile Dreamworld itself is apparently a ghost town despite it being the main school holidays here...their reputation is so badly tarnished I'm not sure it will survive. Not sure if the investors in this Lego store are going to be too pleased at the moment.

Yes the car park was half full the other day which was not normal. Given that most of the large rides are not going still will be a factor to this. I think the only thing that will cure the problems is time and financial investment in renewal of the park. I think the lego store will be a major attraction regardless of park numbers as you can access it from the outside without entry to the park and it is unique to Australia, and yes the investors would not be happy but they are most likely the owners of Dreamworld.

I don't think Dreamworld is too far gone but i think they have a road to travel to get consumers back.  My wife for instance says she feels nervous now going to any of the parks and i would say a few people feel the same way.

15 hours ago, Wookiee said:

Opens on the 28th of January :-)

Enjoy the opening day. There will be free gifts, right?