As I said on techlug, your Porsche looks awesome. If i can fin a goodpriced 42039, I may built yours :wink:

Edited by Nebulaire

Thanks Nebulaire !

I just shooting in RAW and then processing all photos for proper (almost proper) white balance and raising shadows/dimming highlights where needed. I mean all these arrows, substeps, numbers e t.c.) When i was making previous instructions for Blaze Cabrio - i was so tired after drawing all that arrows... And when i realized that 550's instructions will be 5 times larger, i just decided to leave all photos without any marks.

I only shoot RAW too, this is on of the reason which made me buy a DSLR. I edited everything in Lightroom ( this software is so useful when it comes to edit hundred of pictures ). But I still don't have a proper lighing source.

I don't have any special light sources, but i setup each photo individually. Here's how is my workflow look. I choose Auto for white balance and exposure setup, and then adjusting few things manually. In few cases i moving hue slider for red/orange tones because reds always hard to shoot properly. I marked sliders that i moved after Auto setup.

29561251885_9faa564a39_c.jpg

On the left is what camera makes with internal JPEG-maker, on the right is processed and cropped RAWs.

You have amazing skills at editing !

I only shot in the daytime so it was a bit easier for me.

To adjust perfectly the white balance, I put he vibrance and the saturation to 100 and then adjust the temperature. I use this trick a lot for my nightlapses and it works greats.

Adding sharpness and luminace was also essential.

This is how it looked :

1280x720.jpg

1280x720.jpg

You have amazing skills at editing !

Thanks) Really i have terrible skills at shooting, not amazing at editing.

As i see interface of Lightroom, i don't see familiar controls. I thinked that Lightroom it's a standart Adobe "Camera Raw" plugin with many batch and presets possibilities. I make 99% of changes in what i shot in that Camera Raw - before my picture become 24bit bitmap. What i see on your screenshots - is it processing with RAW->BMP? Or it's post processing?

Thank Jubuilder !

@Victor Imaginator : Are you using the Camera RAW window when you open a RAW file in Photoshop ? It's the same settings you will see Lightroom. It is just organized in a different way. The big advantage is that you can past customs settings from a picture to other pictures. This is why I choose Lightroom : I edited one photo and then pasted the setting of this picture to all the other similar pictures. The screen shots are the original RAW file on the left and the edited RAW file on the right ( before/after ).

The rear wheel house looks great. Even without stickers it looks fantastic. For me Charbel's Porsche 919 is one of the most beautiful technic builds here.

1 hour ago, Charbel said:

Thanks for building it technic_addict ! It looks greats with these 5L beams above the wheels. 

Yes, I hope you don't mind.  I did a comparison between 5L beams and the original design and I thought adding the beams looked better.

I really like a lot of your design and the instructions were excellent.  There were a few minor mistakes which were so minor I don't remember them.  My only critique of the instructions was the lighting or post processing made the DBG look LBG in some of the steps.  Nothing that was a problem as there were no many pieces in DBG.

Oh I see. I think I will go for something like Jim and Kevin Moo pictures for my next instructions.

14 minutes ago, Charbel said:

Oh I see. I think I will go for something like Jim and Kevin Moo pictures for my next instructions.

Does this mean there is another vehicle in the works?? :look:

17 hours ago, technic_addict said:

Does this mean there is another vehicle in the works?? :look:

Yes, a supercar this time...

Hello Charbel,

I exposed your MOC in a Lego convention this past we. It was in Montereau, close to Paris.

Your moc had a great success, and many people took a picture of it !

329075IMG20170507093042.jpg

Thanks Nebular ;)

It's not far from where I live. I would have probably come if I knew.

On 11/5/2016 at 4:59 PM, technic_addict said:

Yes, I hope you don't mind.  I did a comparison between 5L beams and the original design and I thought adding the beams looked better.

I'm gathering the parts for this beast, and I like so much your addition with the 5L beams! May I ask how many of them will be needed? 

On 11/5/2016 at 5:03 PM, Charbel said:

Congrats mate for one more great work, after bought your McLaren instructions, next is this model in my list. The stickers you have put look so good on the Porsche, is somewhere available for purchase?

On 12/22/2019 at 4:09 PM, vded said:

Congrats mate for one more great work, after bought your McLaren instructions, next is this model in my list. The stickers you have put look so good on the Porsche, is somewhere available for purchase?

Hello, the picture with stickers is edited, I haven't done any stickers sheet, sorry.