ZCerberus

MOC Maras Outpost- Spacebase, Spacebase, SPACEBASE!

28045713112_98ee9c838f_c.jpg

Spacebase was built over the course of about 7 nights to display the NCS fighters at BrickWorld 2016.

It turned out pretty well overall.

My main change would be to make the terrain SNOT style.

Oh yeah, and since I posted this from my mobile device, I forgot the night shot with the lights and such...

Thanks to our own Si-MOCs for the night time photo!

27804866850_1ce23de5c6_c.jpg

Check out the topics by clicking the picture for each of the fighters as well!

BlueJacket: 27414935194_3f74c59d21_m.jpg

Monarch: 28016528605_42bd3e0a39_m.jpg

Wasp: 27378037484_efb7e168e4_m.jpg

FireMoth: 27357815113_db162b7e53_m.jpg

DragonHunter: 19714493080_6aa0fee734_m.jpg

Very cool base. To me it has an almost medieval flavour with the tower and the sloped bricks everywhere. And what an achievement to put it together in one week! :classic: :thumbup:

Love all the little detail greebs, though I think the 'soil' could have used some attention, kinda boring just studs.

Also that pic you took in the dark, with the figs behind eluminated glass, is a nice touch. Maybe another faction, blacktron, hidden somewhere would be neat.

Same goes for types of vehicles, some small rover thingamajig?

Love all the little detail greebs, though I think the 'soil' could have used some attention, kinda boring just studs.

Also that pic you took in the dark, with the figs behind eluminated glass, is a nice touch. Maybe another faction, blacktron, hidden somewhere would be neat.

Same goes for types of vehicles, some small rover thingamajig?

Yes, per my own admission above, the lower terrain needed more work.

As for rovers and blacktrons- this station is being dismantled for bigger and hopefully better things.

Great job! I really like the angled walkways and the rock work is good as well. Not to even mention the excellent small spacecraft.

That tower in the middle reminds me of GoH...

Spacebase was built over the course of about 7 nights to display the NCS fighters at BrickWorld 2016.

It turned out pretty well overall.

My main change would be to make the terrain SNOT style.

I wish I could bookmark this; this is absolutely amazing!! Well done to you, ZCerberus

I love the way you've done different ships, this is just so good!

That tower in the middle reminds me of GoH...

Spacecastle, Spacecastle, SPACECASTLE!

Great work Z. I can't believe you got this done in one week. :pir-oh:

I saw this beauty in real life at BW. There is a lot of great details in the outpost and ships. I would love to build some ships in this style. :pir-wub:

We should have a collaborative build next year. :excited:

I wish I could bookmark this; this is absolutely amazing!! Well done to you, ZCerberus

You can bookmark this page if you really want to. You can also add it as a favorite on Flickr! Click here to go to the Flickr page for the outpost.

Great work Z. I can't believe you got this done in one week. :pir-oh:

To clarify only the outpost was in one week, (plus a night at BrickWorld for final spice up) the ships took their own time- a few days for some to maybe a week factoring in all the changes for others.

To clarify only the outpost was in one week, the ships took their own time- a few days a piece.

Getting the outpost done in a week is impressive.

We should have a collaborative build next year. :excited:

Neo Classic Space Pirates!

Yeah! That would be awesome. :moar:

Now that's a theme with best of both worlds! :laugh:

"Aye, you terralubbers! Batten down the bulkhatches, cause dead spacemen tell no tales!" :pir_laugh2:

Very neat. I am too young for classic space, so I don't have the nostalgia bug for them. But this neo classic space stuff is pretty neat. The greebles look great. All of the little details and differences of the ships, yet they look cohesive enough to be the same group. Very well done.

I had always wanted to do a Blacktron 2 MOC/base, my own ships, etc.... but at the same time, I like the idea of creating something new. Although I think neo classic space trumps neo blacktron for some reason. I've seen better MOCs done of neo CS I guess. Maybe not enough people building neo Blacktron.

Either way, this is fantastic and the lighting up shot really shows off the control tower. I approve.

Such a great way to display so many ships together, and built in a week 8 O

Shame it's come apart so soon, great concept and principle design that could be taken even further, but if this is what you can do in a week, I can't wait to see what you can do when you really give a project all the time it needs.