Today I would like to share my latest GBC module with you. It is a Quincunz, also known as a Galton Board. The balls are being transported up with a conveyer belt and a light sensor counts how many balls have passed. The balls then roll down the board and at each peg they can either bounce left or right. After the last peg the ball is caught in a repository. Once 100 balls made their way down, the gate opens and releases all the balls. Probably no GBC module could deal with 100 balls at a time, so I queued them up and deliver them one at a time.

More information and the math behind it is available.

Curiously no one has yet commented on what an amazing module this this. That is quite an array of 2x2 tiles with pins. Having all of them precisely rotated in the same direction shows the level of perfection that went into it.

I believe there are 2x1 bricks with fixed pin used, so the same orientation of the pins is the same. Nonetheless, great and huge module and good exercise of probability maths. Did it ever occur, that the ball didn't land in the white zone?

Impressive module and great execution with lots of attention to details. Thanks for the interesting explanation of the logic behind it.