Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

28 minutes ago, doclord said:

Shocker is just a henchman in the movie from everything shown so far, but I'm at least glad they gave us another villain instead of Michelle or Peter's friend.

Come to think of it, we haven't even seen this version pop up in any of the trailers either:

shocker1.jpg

For all we know, what we get in set is all we see in the actual film.  But more or less, LEGO is basing their design off of how he appears in his final showdown with Spidey.

Edited by Dr Axels

15 hours ago, Dr Axels said:

Come to think of it, we haven't even seen this version pop up in any of the trailers either:

For all we know, what we get in set is all we see in the actual film.  But more or less, LEGO is basing their design off of how he appears in his final showdown with Spidey.

Isnt that confirmed to be bs?

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page, and especially the post above yours. Thank you.

Just now, BatofGotham said:

Isnt that confirmed to be bs?

I honestly was wondering that.  I personally hadn't heard anything.

That picture was confirmed to be a hoax. The closest thing to a "uniform" Shocker that is legitimate is that picture from the toy box art, but it may not be official.

I'm willing to bet that full uniform Shocker may show up at the end of the movie to become Peter's second villain after Vulture dies/is put away, hence why he's not in uniform in the set.

11 minutes ago, doclord said:

That picture was confirmed to be a hoax. The closest thing to a "uniform" Shocker that is legitimate is that picture from the toy box art, but it may not be official.

I'm willing to bet that full uniform Shocker may show up at the end of the movie to become Peter's second villain after Vulture dies/is put away, hence why he's not in uniform in the set.

I don't really think so, if his costume appears in the film, surely LEGO would give it to us, rather than the version we have, even if it means the scene the set is based on will be inaccurate. But its still early, and technically this is film speculation, so lets just leave it be, and hope we actually get a proper Shocker in comic sets or whatever

19 minutes ago, doclord said:

From what we've seen that's highly unlikely. 

As for my earlier comment about the Asgard Battle, the set is actually pretty nice, I'm not a MASSIVE fan of the jet, but it is quite a nice build and Fenris Wolf is a lot bigger than imagined from photos, but he's really awesome. My only gripe with him, is that (to me at least, in a weird little way) he doesn't really look like a wolf... at least his head... it is probably just me though.

As for the figures...

• Cate Blanchett is Hela nice, yes the helmet is a light rubbery and its also kind of hard to remove, this may be because it is newly opened, time will tell
  • Valkyrie is... okay I suppose, collectors would want her, but nothing really stands out too much for me, not a fan of the Orc hair usage, hope someone can find a nice replacement for it
  • The Beserkers are pretty cool, you could probably use them for Symbiotes or the henchmen from Suicide Squad outside of the Ragnarok line. In photos I thought they were black with dark green, but they're actually black with a dark metallic grey, with some dark green coating, its pretty hard to see their detailing in certain lights
  • Bruce Banner is a very cool figure, I'm probably just gonna take the jacket for someone else, but the face is really amazing! Seeing as my custom Banner used a Harry Potter head, I'm glad to be getting something that shows off his transformation.
  • Thor... the head is pretty nice, particularly the electric face, the torso is great, but what really stands out is the helmet... Its so much cooler IRL than it looked in photos, its nicely detailed, and it looked amazing on the AOU Thor, its definitely a must have piece for LEGO Avengers fans

7 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

• The Beserkers are pretty cool, you could probably use them for Symbiotes or the henchmen from Suicide Squad outside of the Ragnarok line. 

Xenomorphs!! :laugh: 

8 minutes ago, Ultron said:

Xenomorphs!! :laugh: 

That too I suppose :wink:

People are teasing the winter 2018 sets on the DC thread, seemingly confirming a new character, the price of the set, and the main build because apparently it will be showcased at SDCC 2017. Is it possible we could be hearing more Marvel news soon too? They did reveal the Micros and Hulk vs Red Hulk last July. 

Just now, GoldenNinja3000 said:

People are teasing the winter 2018 sets on the DC thread, seemingly confirming a new character, the price of the set, and the main build because apparently it will be showcased at SDCC 2017. Is it possible we could be hearing more Marvel news soon too? They did reveal the Micros and Hulk vs Red Hulk last July. 

Depends I guess... if it is true what people are speculating about only getting movie based sets next year I don't think that we'll be getting any spoilers/hints soon given that those sets are usually shrouded by mystery.

Just now, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I only guessed it could be shown at SDCC. That was never confirmed.

4 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Yeah I've been hoping for some Marvel hints, cos otherwise this thread would be a Baron wasteland. Hoping someone can Enchant us with some knowledge soon...

This is just so fun! (Please remember I'm not an insider, just a guy being Mysterious :roflmao:)

Edited by Quicksilver838

Just now, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

I only guessed it could be shown at SDCC. That was never confirmed.

Whoops, sorry. I thought it was confirmed. SDCC does seem likely though given how early we're learning this information. 

Also, Just2Good uploaded a review of the ATM Heist Battle. I'm really excited for the Homecoming sets, especially after the new trailer! What's really annoying is that the Thor side of the comic book says "June 2017" on the cover and the back of the Spider-Man instructions has pictures of both sets even though we aren't getting them until August over here. Lego should've just released them at the same time in the USA. 

2 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

• Valkyrie is... okay I suppose, collectors would want her, but nothing really stands out too much for me, not a fan of the Orc hair usage, hope someone can find a nice replacement for it

I'm planning on using the Leslie Jones hairpiece from the Ghostbusters (2016) set. It's not exactly right, but I like it better than that Orc hair.

5 hours ago, Dr Axels said:

those set photos confirmed to be fake the real one is with the promotional pictures in merchandise. That is the final costume of Shocker.

4 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

I don't really think so, if his costume appears in the film, surely LEGO would give it to us, rather than the version we have, even if it means the scene the set is based on will be inaccurate. But its still early, and technically this is film speculation, so lets just leave it be, and hope we actually get a proper Shocker in comic sets or whatever

It's not always like that, I'm thinking that in this particular scene Shocker isn't wearing the "final" costume that's why we got that fig.

As for 2018 sets, Hopefully we csn get info on how many sets we are getting in each movie, I'm okay with 1 of each for BP and Antman/Wasp but for Infinity War hopefully it will be massive.

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

As for 2018 sets, Hopefully we csn get info on how many sets we are getting in each movie, I'm okay with 1 of each for BP and Antman/Wasp but for Infinity War hopefully it will be massive.

Avengers films tend to get 5 sets so it should be all good. Civil War had only 4 sets and gave us 10 new heroes/varients. Infinity War is the MCU culmination, surely it won't let us down in sets

Just now, Quicksilver838 said:

Avengers films tend to get 5 sets so it should be all good. Civil War had only 4 sets and gave us 10 new heroes/varients. Infinity War is the MCU culmination, surely it won't let us down in sets

But the downside of this we could be just seeing repeats/rehash of an existing character. 

Personally, I want to get new Ironman, Cap, Strange, Thor w/ Axe mold, Spidey entirely new suit, Widow! Ant man!

THANOS! With the gauntlet molded.

6 hours ago, strangely said:

I'm planning on using the Leslie Jones hairpiece from the Ghostbusters (2016) set. It's not exactly right, but I like it better than that Orc hair.

I think Rey's hair in black would be perfect for Valkyrie, but unfortunately Lego only made that piece in dark brown!

5 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

As for 2018 sets, Hopefully we can get info on how many sets we are getting in each movie, I'm okay with 1 of each for BP and Antman/Wasp but for Infinity War hopefully it will be massive.

I think I'd prefer Black Panther to get 2 sets, with Ant-Man and Wasp sticking to the usual one $20 set, and Infinity War getting the same amount of attention as Civil War did at least, although I can imagine the extra Black Panther set might subtract from that.

29 minutes ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

I think I'd prefer Black Panther to get 2 sets, with Ant-Man and Wasp sticking to the usual one $20 set, and Infinity War getting the same amount of attention as Civil War did at least, although I can imagine the extra Black Panther set might subtract from that.

Do you guys think BP will have a helmet mold? Or will stick to thesame suit? Probably incorporate a new printing for arms and legs? 

I personally want a Chadwick head alternative, and use the new panther mold as a pet or one of villains allies

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

Do you guys think BP will have a helmet mold? Or will stick to thesame suit? Probably incorporate a new printing for arms and legs? 

I personally want a Chadwick head alternative, and use the new panther mold as a pet or one of villains allies

I'd say they'll stick with the same pieces for Black Panther until the movies change something drastically, but new prints are almost inevitable. I'm sure the panthers will get some use, if for nothing else than those rad statues we saw in the Civil War post-credits scene. I think they're pretty likely to include a maskless head, too.

Id be ok if they didnt include black panther and ant man in infinity war sets as they will be available in sets at same time and it frees up space

6 minutes ago, legosamsonite said:

Id be ok if they didnt include black panther and ant man in infinity war sets as they will be available in sets at same time and it frees up space

I was thinking the same thing! This makes a lot of sense and gives us more characters overall.