Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

2 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Excited to get this set, as I'm going to modify the wings. I really want to see others take on the wings. Really not a fan of TLG's work here. It's so big. And I'm currently finding "talon" pieces for Vulture also. 

To be fair to TLG, the Vulture in the movie has very large wings and I actually think they look fairly accurate

Edited by J3D1-T

1 hour ago, J3D1-T said:

To be fair to TLG, the Vulture in the movie has very large wings and I actually think they look fairly accurate

Yeah, based on the first trailer I thought they were too big but the size of them in the second when he's touching down on the grass and then when he's holding up Peter look as big as Lego designed them. 

Also, apparently Peter does have a web rope in Beware the Vulture so that's one less problem I have with the sets. 

1 hour ago, J3D1-T said:

Plus they look very detailed, and have a great set of articulation, I'm in the minor group that loves the Vulture figure

4 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Plus they look very detailed, and have a great set of articulation, I'm in the minor group that loves the Vulture figure

They aren't detailed, rather, they use plain white Nexo Knights tiles which look off and boring. The "engines" that fold down don't even have propellers and look more like just circles.

Well I have to disagree with you guys, probably the size is forgivable but not the design, it's not that detailed. I can see some people on YT having more articulation and design than this official one. So I believe, once the set be available WW we'll see a lot of mods for this build. More accurate, highly detailed. 

I think the wings look pretty good and the tessellated grey nexo knights shields are a good look.. They look pretty accurate and given how big they are in the film, I think it's fine. They're going for the wings being more of a vehicle than a jet pack thing in the mcu anyway. My only major gripe with him are his legs, no talons and no leg printing is pretty sad. The helmet looks good but would be much better as a new mold of course.

Shocker is the real disappointment here. No mask, no leg printing and the only thing that makes him look remotely Shocker-y are the arms. The fists don't look quite right but I'm not really sure how that could've been improved and they're better than nothing.

Edited by ToaDraco

Don't know if it's mentioned earlier but the Vulture has the 2016 Vulture head. 

9 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

Shocker is the real disappointment here. No mask, no leg printing and the only thing that makes him look remotely Shocker-y are the arms. The fists don't look quite right but I'm not really sure how that could've been improved and they're better than nothing.

BrickBros UK chose a better piece. 

Right?

18 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Don't know if it's mentioned earlier but the Vulture has the 2016 Vulture head. 

BrickBros UK chose a better piece. 

Right?

Meh, Shocker use gauntlets that still show his hands or fists. Unless the ones he uses in the movie look more accurate that way, of which I'm not aware of since I'm not actively looking at any trailers.

1 hour ago, Ultron said:

Can't fix trash. 

Harsh! Well if they just included the mask we'll live happily ever after! 

9 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Yeah, based on the first trailer I thought they were too big but the size of them in the second when he's touching down on the grass and then when he's holding up Peter look as big as Lego designed them. 

Also, apparently Peter does have a web rope in Beware the Vulture so that's one less problem I have with the sets. 

That's what I thought too

Yeah, Shocker is a disappointment, same as Vulture. Will probably try and replicate this version that may or may not be in the movie as the over-sized gauntlets would look better. The mask would be difficult but other than that it seems possible.
DAT-eX_XcAA5DTh.jpg

Just now, Scarilian said:

Yeah, Shocker is a disappointment, same as Vulture. Will probably try and replicate this version that may or may not be in the movie as the over-sized gauntlets would look better. The mask would be difficult but other than that it seems possible.

Woah nice clear image, mind you if share where'd you get it? Awesome!

This is why there's a lot of dissapoinment bout the Shocker fig, clearly there's a mask that looks awesome and new. Could have been the aviator helmet with new goggles! (even the old one could work tho) just a printing that will match the arms! (Pineapple head) lol :grin:

16 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

I still feel like we won't see that version in movie at all.  It's too "clean" for me.  It looks more like something you'd see in a video game rather than the actual movie.

I'm not sure if anyone here has gotten the Beware the Vulture set yet, but I was curious if it was at all possible to thin out the "back pack" some on Vulture's wings?  I'm not a fan of how far it sticks out in order to include the rotors.

Edited by Dr Axels

9 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Woah nice clear image, mind you if share where'd you get it? Awesome!

This is why there's a lot of dissapoinment bout the Shocker fig, clearly there's a mask that looks awesome and new. Could have been the aviator helmet with new goggles! (even the old one could work tho) just a printing that will match the arms! (Pineapple head) lol :grin:

yeah, Shocker looks like a random goon from Marvel's Agents of SHIELD

13 hours ago, Dr Axels said:

I still feel like we won't see that version in movie at all.  It's too "clean" for  I was curious if it was at all possible to thin out the "back pack" some on Vulture's wings?  I'm not a fan of how far it sticks out in order to include the rotors.

If you put the stickers on a different lego piece, a more flat one?

4 hours ago, Savage Oppress said:

yeah, Shocker looks like a random goon from Marvel's Agents of SHIELD

Worst than that I can say, his head is generic. 

Edited by SpiderJazz

5 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Stealth mode spidey dayum!

Where did you see Stealth Mode?

5 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

If you put the stickers on a different lego piece, a more flat one?

I'll have to do some tinkering when I finally get it.  Like BatofGotham said, it is kinda growing on me as well.  Might make the top wing tips a bit longer, though.

4 minutes ago, Dr Axels said:

I'll have to do some tinkering when I finally get it.  Like BatofGotham said, it is kinda growing on me as well.  Might make the top wing tips a bit longer, though.

There was a shot in the trailer that shows vulture flying. And the from that angle the size of the backpack is kinda..accurate?

1 hour ago, Dr Axels said:

When the suit glows, it reminds me of hasbro's glowing toy action figure that is color blue named stealth mode, I think? 

I wonder how can we incorporate that articulation with Vulture's wings. TLG's design is nice but it's very limited with articulation (minus the rotors because it has ball joints) and the Nexo knights shield looks boring IMO.

Hopefully Tyler, will have the time to modify or better yet create his own wings design.

OFF TOPIC: That's the final trailer, so we didn't get a chance to see the "final" costume of Shocker, I guess that's why we end up getting that Shocker in the set.

Went down to my local toy shop and found the Spider Man Homecoming and Thor Ragnarok sets

(sorry if their release in UK is old news)

Picked meself up the Asgard Battle, gonna go back next week for Arena and Vulture

34 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Went down to my local toy shop and found the Spider Man Homecoming and Thor Ragnarok sets

(sorry if their release in UK is old news)

Picked meself up the Asgard Battle, gonna go back next week for Arena and Vulture

Great choice. My friend overseas (SG) trying to hook me up those sets. But he says it has been remove out of shelves saying June 1st is the official launch. So I have to wait :sceptic:

(SG prices are way more cheaper than PH.)

2 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

OFF TOPIC: That's the final trailer, so we didn't get a chance to see the "final" costume of Shocker, I guess that's why we end up getting that Shocker in the set.

Yea sadly. Also if you guys saw the international trailer. Shocker is still wearing the same outfit. And why did lego give me a inside red shirt when he was wearing a dark blue shirt? This would have made him look less like negan.

Shocker is just a henchman in the movie from everything shown so far, but I'm at least glad they gave us another villain instead of Michelle or Peter's friend.