Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

6 minutes ago, AgentKallus of Hydra said:

Why the different legs though?

I was going to point that out, as nobody had seemed to notice before. The torso and legs have a bit more printing on the second figure in the picture, with the lightning eyes. Is that a completely different Thor figure?

Wow that Thor is incredible! By far the best version of the character we are likely to get in minifig form, I can't wait to see what the Ragnarok sets look like but based on the figs they are must-haves already.

22 minutes ago, SpiderMana said:

I was going to point that out, as nobody had seemed to notice before. The torso and legs have a bit more printing on the second figure in the picture, with the lightning eyes. Is that a completely different Thor figure?

The one with more printing is the one in the gladiator arena

Both Thor and Hulk pick up some ridiculously blue armor bits in the arena. This is the same blue color that everyone complained about in Hulk's pauldron, and it appear's on Thor's leg here (and other little bits in the movie).

Entirely different design for Thor's outfit because that's his normal non gladiator and gladiator armor.

Also for the Helm, I don't think that's the helm he wore in the first two movies.

Oh now I look its obvious that the legs aren't the only difference only one has the red and such.
I hope that they give us hair as well like they sometimes do.

Related image

In this photo its darker than hulks helmet but lighter than his armor, but this image probably isn't 100% accurate to the final film anyway.

Edited by AgentKallus of Hydra
What is edit, baby don't hurt me, baby don't hurt me no more..........

1 hour ago, linnormlord said:

Both Thor and Hulk pick up some ridiculously blue armor bits in the arena. This is the same blue color that everyone complained about in Hulk's pauldron, and it appear's on Thor's leg here (and other little bits in the movie).

I think this was before the set pictures were released that show how colorful (like bubblegum pop colorful) the gladiator planet is, so the confusion is understandable.

I don't think that the tiny bit of blue armor destroys the figure. It still looks okay and one of the thors don't have the blue on it. But you can't really do anything about the hulk.

1 hour ago, doclord said:

I think this was before the set pictures were released that show how colorful (like bubblegum pop colorful) the gladiator planet is, so the confusion is understandable.

1 hour ago, Franklinw1234 said:

I don't think that the tiny bit of blue armor destroys the figure. It still looks okay and one of the thors don't have the blue on it. But you can't really do anything about the hulk.

Oh, I agree. I'm not complaining about the blue. It is cartoonishly blue though. It is true to the source material, looks ridiculous, and is comically appropriate in a movie about a Norse god wielding alien technology and a giant green temper tantrum buddying up in a movie starring Goldblum. Remember that the whole idea of Hulk wearing armor itself is pretty ridiculous, and the fact that it only covers one shoulder is similarly ridiculous (because he's nigh indestructable, and Roman retiarus with shoulder armor was supposed to look ridiculous). I was just trying to point out that it's the same blue on Thor and Hulk and it's on purpose. 

15 minutes ago, linnormlord said:

Oh, I agree. I'm not complaining about the blue. It is cartoonishly blue though. It is true to the source material, looks ridiculous, and is comically appropriate in a movie about a Norse god wielding alien technology and a giant green temper tantrum buddying up in a movie starring Goldblum. Remember that the whole idea of Hulk wearing armor itself is pretty ridiculous, and the fact that it only covers one shoulder is similarly ridiculous (because he's nigh indestructable, and Roman retiarus with shoulder armor was supposed to look ridiculous). I was just trying to point out that it's the same blue on Thor and Hulk and it's on purpose. 

And it's not that bad at all, like what other users said few pages back, if you don't want the color blue armor on HULK. you can paint it. 

Thor looks incredible! This is the first time we're getting something like his dual capes and I love it. Hopefully the rest of the Ragnarok minifigs live up to this standard...

I like how Thor gets his most detailed figure in his own movie sets! It's a shame that captain America wasn't given that treatment with civil war, but I'm happy with this Thor!

Does the second blue cape for Thor come in both sets or does it just come with the one with the blue padding on his legs?

38 minutes ago, Franklinw1234 said:

Does the second blue cape for Thor come in both sets or does it just come with the one with the blue padding on his legs?

Both of them have it. As we can see on the flickr photos.

I don't see it here, but I found this online:

17691012_1325409810874505_120409004_n.jpg

Honestly the minifigs look great, except Loki is really disappointing. I'd rather use the 2012 version

Loki does have 2nd expression right? He looks silly with that scared face, he must have Tom Hiddleston signature evil smirk! Or what was the point of making new face at all?

Edited by benderisgreat

Is good loki is getting a proper tom hiddleston face, considering his new clothes are so foreign to his character in the films.

1 minute ago, benderisgreat said:

Loki does have 2nd expression right? He looks silly with that scared face, he must have Tom Huddleston signature evil smirk! Or what was the point of making new face at all?

I'm pretty sure the original leaked picture had him with a regular expression for his face.

The other MCU Loki figure is almost perfect besides the face, I think the weird outfit he has on is just an excuse to make an "exclusive figure"/have Loki and Hulk in the same set.

2 minutes ago, Franklinw1234 said:

I'm pretty sure the original leaked picture had him with a regular expression for his face.

Just checked and original photo and he has same  scared face!

Just now, doclord said:

The other MCU Loki figure is almost perfect besides the face, I think the weird outfit he has on is just an excuse to make an "exclusive figure"/have Loki and Hulk in the same set.

He has the same outfit on EW photos released in March. So it is his new suit for new Thor movie.

Edited by benderisgreat

Just now, benderisgreat said:

Just checked and original photo and he has same  scared face!

:sceptic: Well it I very common that Lego does double sided faces, so I would think Loki would have a smirking face.

1 minute ago, Franklinw1234 said:

:sceptic: Well it I very common that Lego does double sided faces, so I would think Loki would have a smirking face.

I know, but both Loki photos revealed so far show him with scared face and it's kinda worrying. Hope there is a second expression.

He totally has a smirking face, that's the sole appeal for everyone who already has an earlier Loki.

I have him with the Superman grin so I wonder how a new expression will stack up.

6 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

I know, but both Loki photos revealed so far show him with scared face and it's kinda worrying. Hope there is a second expression.

If they took their time to make a new face for Loki I'm sure they would make another face. The only time I can think of heads that don't have double sided faces are generic heads.

(Just like how the last Loki head was generic and didn't have another face)