Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

@GoldenNinja3000 Well I guess, it's exclusive for Asia region release. Still can't decide if I'm going to get one tho. Have ordered The new Milano and Ayesha's revenge. 

Can you explain to me the difference between the two? Like, is one a regular torso?

1 minute ago, just2good said:

Can you explain to me the difference between the two? Like, is one a regular torso?

Oh my is this even for realzzz? Hi j2g! I'm a fan. I'm talking about an extra torso. Same exact piece as in two bendable arms. :blush:

23 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Oh my is this even for realzzz? Hi j2g! I'm a fan. I'm talking about an extra torso. Same exact piece as in two bendable arms. :blush:

Oh, okay. Thanks!

Well just got Ravager Attack and it's a good army builder set! You can build a big Ravager M-ship fleet in a reasonable price range, and minifigures are great too! Rocket is the best version of the character and Mantis is exclusive (although she desperately needs some leg print and cloth piece like 2016 Scarlet Witch), Taserface loks great too! Overall a must buy for Marvel fans!

13 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Well just got Ravager Attack and it's a good army builder set! You can build a big Ravager M-ship fleet in a reasonable price range, and minifigures are great too! Rocket is the best version of the character and Mantis is exclusive (although she desperately needs some leg print and cloth piece like 2016 Scarlet Witch), Taserface loks great too! Overall a must buy for Marvel fans!

We'll just have to find accurate faces for other members of Ravagers. (Probably PoTC heads will do) Then you have a bunch of goons! 

9 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

We'll just have to find accurate faces for other members of Ravagers. (Probably PoTC heads will do) Then you have a bunch of goons! 

Nexo Knights Lava and Stone monsters will do fine as well!

1 hour ago, benderisgreat said:

Nexo Knights Lava and Stone monsters will do fine as well!

The movie ravagers are primarily normal skinned or blue skinned, so i'm not sure the Lava monster or Stone monster faces would work well.

big_startfilmru1265702.JPG

I think you'd also have to get multiples of Yondu's torso instead of Taserfaces, as Taserface's outfit fits more with his group of rebels.

IMG_0831_810f26b6-8b44-4747-af24-517eada

Meanwhile Taserface's has noticeable fur details on the top and the side is noticeably printed differently to the normal costume.
IMG_0919_2048x2048.JPG?v=1487715739IMG_0918.JPG?v=1487715714

29 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

The movie ravagers are primarily normal skinned or blue skinned, so i'm not sure the Lava monster or Stone monster faces would work well.

big_startfilmru1265702.JPG

I think you'd also have to get multiples of Yondu's torso instead of Taserfaces, as Taserface's outfit fits more with his group of rebels.

Meanwhile Taserface's has noticeable fur details on the top and the side is noticeably printed differently to the normal costume.

Correct, unfortunately Taserface fig is way much cheaper to make an army. 

46 minutes ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

Wouldn't the Star-Lord and Rocket torsos from the first one make for better army builders than any of them?

But I think they're considering the price, hmmmm yea Rocket polybag will make a good army. + side arms printing 

Just saw new photo of Gladiator Hulk bigfig. The pauldron is blue just like in previous picture! Looks so bad, and inconsistent with the rest of bigfig. And it looks final...

I don't understand the uproar over the blue shoulderpad... Wait till the movie comes out and if the shoulderpad turns out to be bright blue in the film, all this criticism will go away...

1 hour ago, Aethersprite said:

I don't understand the uproar over the blue shoulderpad... Wait till the movie comes out and if the shoulderpad turns out to be bright blue in the film, all this criticism will go away...

It's just inconsistent with the rest of big fig! Looks out of place, it should have been metallic silver instead.

Edited by benderisgreat

Just now, benderisgreat said:

It's just inconsistent with the rest of big dig! Looks out of place, it should have been metallic silver instead.

I have to agree, it may or may not be accurate but it cheapens the whole thing.

I'd say the blue armour is accurate, if you look at the picture of thor in the movie, he has bright blue shoulder armour on one side as well

Also, seeing as how i already have enough plain hulk figures, i love that big fig :)

I do think that shoulder armour is accurate, but it still doesn't change my opinion of how dreadful it looks.  It just stands out too much.

32 minutes ago, legosamsonite said:

I'd say the blue armour is accurate, if you look at the picture of thor in the movie, he has bright blue shoulder armour on one side as well

Also, seeing as how i already have enough plain hulk figures, i love that big fig :)

14 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

I do think that shoulder armour is accurate, but it still doesn't change my opinion of how dreadful it looks.  It just stands out too much.

I have provided a screen grab that shows the shoulder pad is actually accurate. I don't have problems at all for blue, if you really don't like it, probably you can just paint them. 

4 hours ago, Aethersprite said:

After looking at all those photos that were released in Empire Magazine, I now think that the blue armour is probably accurate, just looking at the vibe of colour. Maybe not the right shade of blue, but probably the best LEGO could have done.

2 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

Agreed.

And I really don't want to ruin a piece by painting it, that's where I draw the line for myself as far as minifigure (or big fig) customization goes. Probably just going to use ultimate Green Goblin's arm with the metal armor nearing the shoulder like many have used in the past for a purist replacement.

2 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

I have provided a screen grab that shows the shoulder pad is actually accurate. I don't have problems at all for blue, if you really don't like it, probably you can just paint them. 

To be honest I think that's what I will do.  I mean I'm not actually that bothered about getting Hulk again, not as a big-fig anyway. 

52 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

To be honest I think that's what I will do.  I mean I'm not actually that bothered about getting Hulk again, not as a big-fig anyway. 

As a completest, we do not have a choice! Hahaha, it's like swapping printed legs in my MCU collection

That figure looks neat. I haven't been following Marvel too much since the Batman movie came out, but I can't wait to see the rest of Thor stuff. I'm nonplussed about Spiderman.