Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

Spidey again? This will be the third year in a row! Hopefully it'll be some sort of variant suit like 2099 or Symbiote or Miles Morales, otherwise that's kind of a waste. Sandman has potential though. An all tan car, maybe even an all tan minifig to show a Sandman made of complete sand.

Just now, BlueberryWaffles said:

Spidey again? This will be the third year in a row! Hopefully it'll be some sort of variant suit like 2099 or Symbiote or Miles Morales, otherwise that's kind of a waste. Sandman has potential though. An all tan car, maybe even an all tan minifig to show a Sandman made of complete sand.

Judging from the previous years that eye he has had squinting will be fully closed. It just keeps getting more and more squinted! :laugh: :wink:

Just now, Legocity2713 said:

Judging from the previous years that eye he has had squinting will be fully closed. It just keeps getting more and more squinted! :laugh: :wink:

Lmao. But it's actually good in displaying Spidey, many variations means many reactions! 

5 minutes ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

Love the idea of spidey 2099 or Miles but I doubt, especially with his foe Sandman but who knows, whoever it is I'm fine because my killer in this wave would be StarLord and Nebula. 

5 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

@Sir von Lego, dropped some new info for Mighty Micros:

Spider-Man vs Sandman

Starlord vs Nebula

Thor vs Loki

Man, Spidey and Sandman is so lame. I really wanted Black Suit Spider-man and someone like Shocker so we have a comic accurate one. 

1 hour ago, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

Man, Spidey and Sandman is so lame. I really wanted Black Suit Spider-man and someone like Shocker so we have a comic accurate one. 

Lol. Yea, was hoping for Shocker too so that atleast we have the mask from comics. 2019 maybe hahhaa

Other than Starlord the rest of new MM sound uninspired to me! Why remake Spider-Man every year? I hope at least Loki comes with another new head for variety reasons.

13 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Other than Starlord the rest of new MM sound uninspired to me! Why remake Spider-Man every year? I hope at least Loki comes with another new head for variety reasons.

Probably because it's the most popular Marvel character. 

I hope I can salvage Sandman's torso for a generic Sandman, not the half human/half sand hybrid from 2015

Also hope Loki will be somewhat comic inspired, I have some hope for him

3 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

I hope I can salvage Sandman's torso for a generic Sandman, not the half human/half sand hybrid from 2015

Also hope Loki will be somewhat comic inspired, I have some hope for him

If Loki's face will have the evil grin it could probably work for normal Loki fig as well, I'm excited too! 

As for Sandman, yea hopefully it will have the normal torso and the vehicle will be a big hand! Lol.

Are we lucky enough to get a Spider-Man variant? Or just another regular costume? I don't mind getting Spider-Man every year but we should be getting other costume variants.

Just now, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

Are we lucky enough to get a Spider-Man variant? Or just another regular costume? I don't mind getting Spider-Man every year but we should be getting other costume variants.

Agreed, don't want his right eye to be shut this time around

This would be a great opportunity to release the Symbiote costume, honestly. I doubt they would, but it would be the best way to do it, since it's already a pretty simple design. It'll be nice to get Sandman, since I missed out on him last time. I'm anxious to see how they simplify Star-Lord's helmet, and I get the feeling that the Thor vs Loki set will have some neat pieces. I'm pretty okay with all of this, honestly. 

Oh my gosh, imagine if Thor's vehicle is Mjolnir, like how Thanos had the Infinity Gauntlet

1 hour ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Oh my gosh, imagine if Thor's vehicle is Mjolnir, like how Thanos had the Infinity Gauntlet

Thats probably gonna be it :laugh:

I'm excited to see if they release a soft version of the regular green cape with Loki, I've been waiting one to give to my official Loki fig. 

Laurence Fishburne is playing Goliath in the MCU, so maybe that's why we're getting a comic version of him as the preorder figure? It's the only reason I can think of. 

Edit: The new Ragnarok trailer is out, and it confirms the accuracy of Loki's minifigure. His outfit is definitely blue in the movie. I feel like Banner could've used a different hair piece, though. Also, they could've made the Valkyrie figure with that lighter suit of armor she wears and given her a more accurate hair piece since her hair is down with that outfit. 

Edited by GoldenNinja3000

4 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

I'm anxious to see how they simplify Star-Lord's helmet, 

I wouldn't be surprised if we just get the hair piece he came with in the GOTG Vol 2 sets.

Oh my Gosh, I dunno what to say. Infinity War trailer got leaked and it's just 15 secs. 

- As for sandman, Hand vehicle just like Thanos will be redundant I hope they can pull out atleast new design.

Lego really nailed Thor minifigures for Ragnarok! After watching second trailer I love that lightning face Thor is so accurate to the movie, but Bruce Banner isn't very accurate to the movie...

3 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Oh my Gosh, I dunno what to say. Infinity War trailer got leaked and it's just 15 secs. 

- As for sandman, Hand vehicle just like Thanos will be redundant I hope they can pull out atleast new design.

I think Sandmans car will be a sandcastle or something like that. Something whacky.  I just hope we can use the fig as an upgrade for a better sandman. So the shirt without sand would be great. But maybe they went for old costume sandman, that would be awesome as well. Or all sand sandman? And Spiderman, well it would be nice if we would get a different costume, and a usable headpiece. But what will the vehicle be? A riding spider this time?

Thor vs Loki. This screams comicbased to me. But that might just be wishfull thinking. Thor probably on Mjolnir, and Loki on that staff, some asgardian ship or a destroyer but then in car form? I'd like to know.

Starlord vs Nebula. A small Milano against another small spaceship? I think this will be my least favorite. I think the figs will be mcu based and not very usable to make the figs we already have better. But who knows. 

13 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Laurence Fishburne is playing Goliath in the MCU, so maybe that's why we're getting a comic version of him as the preorder figure? It's the only reason I can think of. 

He's playing Bill Foster, the Goliath we're getting is Hank Pym. Don't think theres any correlation between Goliath in Ant Man + Wasp and Goliath appearing in LMSH2

4 hours ago, Borex said:

I think Sandmans car will be a sandcastle or something like that. Something whacky.  I just hope we can use the fig as an upgrade for a better sandman. So the shirt without sand would be great. But maybe they went for old costume sandman, that would be awesome as well. Or all sand sandman? And Spiderman, well it would be nice if we would get a different costume, and a usable headpiece. But what will the vehicle be? A riding spider this time?

Thor vs Loki. This screams comicbased to me. But that might just be wishfull thinking. Thor probably on Mjolnir, and Loki on that staff, some asgardian ship or a destroyer but then in car form? I'd like to know.

Starlord vs Nebula. A small Milano against another small spaceship? I think this will be my least favorite. I think the figs will be mcu based and not very usable to make the figs we already have better. But who knows. 

Destroyer in car form :laugh:

As silly as the Mighty Micros are, I wouldn't even be mad if we had the Destroyer car before an actual Destroyer build 

13 hours ago, Legocity2713 said:

Thats probably gonna be it :laugh:

I'm excited to see if they release a soft version of the regular green cape with Loki, I've been waiting one to give to my official Loki fig. 

If it will be a comic version, we could see the Penguins fur used on the figure, that would be pretty nice to see

13 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Also, they could've made the Valkyrie figure with that lighter suit of armor she wears and given her a more accurate hair piece since her hair is down with that outfit. 

This is the Valkyrie we should have gotten for that scene, the one we have is the Sakaar variant. I kind of called this a while ago, that the white paint was only temporary. I wouldn't have minded if we got the blue version we do have, or that white version we didn't, but would have liked a plain Valkyrie face, and better hair

36 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

He's playing Bill Foster, the Goliath we're getting is Hank Pym. Don't think theres any correlation between Goliath in Ant Man + Wasp and Goliath appearing in LMSH2

Destroyer in car form :laugh:

As silly as the Mighty Micros are, I wouldn't even be mad if we had the Destroyer car before an actual Destroyer build 

If it will be a comic version, we could see the Penguins fur used on the figure, that would be pretty nice to see

This is the Valkyrie we should have gotten for that scene, the one we have is the Sakaar variant. I kind of called this a while ago, that the white paint was only temporary. I wouldn't have minded if we got the blue version we do have, or that white version we didn't, but would have liked a plain Valkyrie face, and better hair

I know that the Goliath isn't the same character, but it was the only connection I could think of. 

I'm honestly just in love with Valkyrie's other outfit- it looks so good and I like her hair more when it's down. Hopefully we'll get another variant next year if she has a big enough role in Infinity War, but I doubt it. I guess I'll look for other faces and hair pieces for her and try to make a custom variant. 

On 7/22/2017 at 6:22 AM, SpiderJazz said:

@Sir von Lego, dropped some new info for Mighty Micros:

Spider-Man vs Sandman

Starlord vs Nebula

Thor vs Loki

Few comments, despite my general agreement that it sucks getting another Spidey, I get that he's the most popular character and they need a strong lead -- still -- they could have mixed it up by giving us 2099 or Symbiote Spidey.

I am psyched for Thor and Starlord and Loki -- but Nebula is a meh... would have preferred a traditional GotG villain like Galactus or Adam Warlock or Super Skrull or even Annihilus.

Edited by agoodfella77