Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

My Lego order just came in the mail today, and I got cracking on Beware the Vulture (just in time to see the movie tonight!!!) and Captian America Jet Pursuit. 

I love love love Beware the Vulture. Awesome minifigures, solids vehicle build, and I find the wings pretty impressive in size; Vulture looks daunting when donning them, and they look appropriately sized.

As for Captain America Jet Pursuit, it's a little underwhelming. I only bought it of course as a completionist and for Captain Marvel, and well, I'm let down. The build is quite simple, and though I like the minifigures (I quite like the Super Adaptoid, I don't know why either) I find Captain Marvel's arms a little annoying. When pulled through to the left side, her right arm is completely good and looks off. And he arms just seem a bit too big too display out-of-battle context, a la with my collection. I like her as a figure, but I wished we'd gotten an alternate, normal torso (or I'd at least gotten a second one to modify). 

I can't wait to get to ATM Heist Battle and Ravager Attack tomorrow!

Edited by Aegis2000

Are we allowed to talk about set accuracy compared to the movie in this thread if we use spoiler tags? I'm seeing Spider-Man tonight so I'm preparing to look for the Lego sets within the film. 

I think from the trailers we can assume the ATM Heist Battle is very accurate (if not lacking a minifigure or two). Beware the Vulture is the one to look for.

However, it may just be a set made to fill out the roster of the film with Iron Man, Shocker, and the Vulture.

The van is shown in the final trailer, in a scene in which Spidey chases it through a suburb area before being nabbed out of the sky by Vulture. That's the scene to watch for. It takes place at night though, and not on a mountainside road as the box art suggests

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

6 sets? One for each stone maybe? 

Oh no...don't go the Ninjago way!

We got six for the Age of Ultron wave, probably just keeping the same format. Except later sets, as there in obviously many more characters this time around

5 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

6 sets? One for each stone maybe? 

That would be kinda neat

18 minutes ago, Sir von Lego said:

So, we will get two black panther sets and 6 tor infinity war..

2 Black Panther? Wowzas, really hoping for some cool figures, and at least 2 Dora Milaje

19 minutes ago, Sir von Lego said:

Wow thank you so much! I too think it would be cool to have an Infinity Stone for each set. I look forward to both of these waves. I wonder will Black Panther sets come out in January, and Infinity War sets most likely come out in March?

6 Infinity War sets? That's awesome! A stone for each set with Thanos in the biggest sounds good. I hope they don't re-do too many characters. New core Avengers, sure, but I don't think we need a new Vision or Doctor Strange. Black Panther getting 2 sets is better than I expected! This should give us all the characters we want. I better start saving for all of these? 

Recently saw the revealed minifigures for NINJAGO Movie Collectible Minifigures, I think this could be a great hair mold for a potential killmonger minifig. 

Untitled.jpg

Edited by AndrewCole14

1 hour ago, Sir von Lego said:

Wow, just wow. Thanks for this information. Anything for release date and what the set contains?

again, many thanks. Something to look forward to. 

Just saw Spider-Man: Homecoming. Spoilers are in the tag, because I'm discussing set accuracy. 

Vulture was pretty accurate and very cool. The whole truck set is surprisingly accurate, except for the fact that the chase took place at night and Iron Man only showed up after Vulture dropped Peter in the lake. For all the people complaining about Shocker, there's nothing wrong with the figure. Never once did he suit up or wear anything different from what we got in the minifigure. The ATM Heist is accurate which we already knew. I'm still sad that we didn't get the homemade suit in one of the sets, but I really hope we get that amazing new detailed suit with the Infinity War sets!

^Yes, minifigures are all accurate, even *all aspects* of the Iron Man Mk. 47 minifigure 

Very pleased to see the degree of accuracy, but the film leaves me wanting a homemade suit now more than ever.

4 hours ago, Sir von Lego said:

Two Black Panther sets?  Hopefully each features a different villain, given 3 are set to appear.

10 minutes ago, Dr Axels said:

Two Black Panther sets?  Hopefully each features a different villain, given 3 are set to appear.

Hopefully we get a different variant of Black Panther in each as well; don't want to fall into the same situation as the Spider-Man: Homecoming sets.

1 hour ago, Aegis2000 said:

Hopefully we get a different variant of Black Panther in each as well; don't want to fall into the same situation as the Spider-Man: Homecoming sets.

It must be new. Free up some space in Infinity War. It will be updated.

It's still on the production so (or probably not) Sir Von Lego said in TLBM thread that the sets are not yet final. I hope he can confirm some details tho.

@Aegis2000 didn't read your post clearly. Sorry for that. You mean 2 different figs for Black Panther in each set?

Hmmmm highly unlikely but who knows. I personally want an updated suit and T'challa variant. Also I know Sir Von Lego have the idea or information of the set (he provides details in TLBM & Nexo) so we will just have to wait.

5 minutes ago, Kevii23 said:

Nice! Really hyped for those sets. 

Same here, hopefully builds are much better this time.

8 hours ago, Sir von Lego said:

I'm so glad we are getting 6 IW sets, just like people above mentioned it could be great to have Infinity Stone in each set! Maybe we can have Thor set in Asgard defending Tessaract from Black Order or Guardians on Nova Corps vault on Xander fighting another Black Order member!  As for BP, I'm surprised we are getting 2 sets, hopefully this mean we'll get both villains Klau and Killmonger.

30 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

I'm so glad we are getting 6 IW sets, just like people above mentioned it could be great to have Infinity Stone in each set! Maybe we can have Thor set in Asgard defending Tessaract from Black Order or Guardians on Nova Corps vault on Xander fighting another Black Order member!  As for BP, I'm surprised we are getting 2 sets, hopefully this mean we'll get both villains Klau and Killmonger.

There's also Man-Ape, and he's also going to be in Infinity War which makes him sound important. I'd be okay if we just got the other two villains though. 

Now the question is, who are the figs included in these sets. 

Hopefully complete black order members, Thanos with molded gauntlet. For the heroes there could be alot or not? Hmmm

16 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Now the question is, who are the figs included in these sets. 

Hopefully complete black order members, Thanos with molded gauntlet. For the heroes there could be alot or not? Hmmm

All main Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy, so a lot of minifigures!

2 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

All main Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy, so a lot of minifigures!

I looked at my Dr. Strange fig and it is clearly missing the classic look in the middle so probably we get an updated version.

Also based on the set photos, we are seeing another variant for Ironman which is cool/alien looking.

ALSO spiderman

an updated tech suit similar to IRON SPIDER in the comics.

Edited by SpiderJazz
SM:H spoiler