Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

Okay, so, the least drastic things to infer from Sir Gareth's comment are either
1. There won't be exclusive minifigures this year or
2. He's no longer being informed about SDCC exclusive minifigures

40 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

JangBricks has uploaded his review of the Ultimate Battle for Asgard!

Saw it, glad that I've ordered mine. The only gripe I have is the fenris wolf, could have been a special piece for head to represent it perfectly, other than that it's a nice set. Hopefully he'll review the arena set because that is the set I bought first together with Vulture.

9 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

Okay, so, the least drastic things to infer from Sir Gareth's comment are either
1. There won't be exclusive minifigures this year or
2. He's no longer being informed about SDCC exclusive minifigures

Number 2 sounds about right! NO one knows who the exclusive minifigures are, NO one.

9 minutes ago, Amazing Bricks said:

Nobody knows who the exclusive minifigures are...

For once I agree with you, ABs :wink: :tongue:

Nobody knows, nobody knnooowwwws...

Edited by Sir Gareth

2 minutes ago, Sir Gareth said:

For once I agree with you, ABs :wink: :tongue:

Nobody knows, nobody knnooowwwws...

Cyclops?? Or is it Mr. Nobody from DC?

Edited by GoldenNinja3000

I think our SDCC Exclusive Minifigure Guessing Game 2017 thread would be a better place for this nonsense *ahem* I mean discussion. Unless you were all talking about a different exclusive minifigure now? It's hard even for me to keep up sometimes.

Just checked Lego's "Retiring Soon" list after the news the 60s Batcave is retiring. Turns out, the "Iron Man vs Thanos" Mighty Micro is retiring soon as well!!! I have yet to get this, can someone please post a picture of minifigure Thanos with the normal legs?

Thanks for the notice! Been meaning to pick that one up.

That and the Sanctum Sanctorum... *huh*:look:

Edited by Sir Gareth

3 hours ago, Aegis2000 said:

Just checked Lego's "Retiring Soon" list after the news the 60s Batcave is retiring. Turns out, the "Iron Man vs Thanos" Mighty Micro is retiring soon as well!!! I have yet to get this, can someone please post a picture of minifigure Thanos with the normal legs?

The '66 Batcave is retiring?? It's a D2C and has only been around for a year! 

I knew that the DS set is retiring, I think the Tanker Truck Takedown is going soon as well. Exclusives always retire sooner, don't they? 

Aw man, those are all sets I've been really desperate to get! It's interesting that the Sanctum is disappearing so quickly. Could that be taken as solid evidence that we'll be getting Doctor Strange again soon, most likely in Infinity War's sets?

Retailer exclusives like the Sanctum always have shorter shelf lives, so it's not necessarily "evidence" of anything. I certainly wouldn't be surprised to see him turn up again though.

7 hours ago, Aegis2000 said:

I have yet to get this, can someone please post a picture of minifigure Thanos with the normal legs?

Which legs?

I switched out his hands and hip joint with pieces from an extra C3P0, and his legs with legs from a city police pontoon pilot polybag figure (I forget the real set name but I think I got it at Target). Matches pretty well.

55 minutes ago, Aegis2000 said:

^yep, those printed rotors make everything cooler. That glider looks pretty good!

I always wished they'd made a miniature Helicarrier with those pieces, but alas...

Thanks, Indeed I bought 4 pieces of that just to add in my own Vulture's wings. But I'm happy with the final product. 

Can someone tell me is there a gunmetal or dark grey of the teeth pieces I used for wing tips? 

I prefer the official set version of the wings, but that's because I love how big and imposing they are. I just got two 1x2 dark green tiles in the mail, which I'm going to put on the bottom of the wing feathering. I accidentally dropped Vulture yesterday so now I need to fix the wings and the modifications I did and find him new hands since they broke. 

25 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I prefer the official set version of the wings, but that's because I love how big and imposing they are. I just got two 1x2 dark green tiles in the mail, which I'm going to put on the bottom of the wing feathering. I accidentally dropped Vulture yesterday so now I need to fix the wings and the modifications I did and find him new hands since they broke. 

That's sad to hear, hopefully you can fix it immediately and find replacement for the hands. 

My version of wings is just a one or two studs shorter from the original build, I like that he can be able to stand on his own and just to contradict LTG's version is so huge he can't even lift it up. One thing that I liked about the LTG's design is the wing tips movable. But the rotors are blank etc etc. 

31 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

That's sad to hear, hopefully you can fix it immediately and find replacement for the hands. 

My version of wings is just a one or two studs shorter from the original build, I like that he can be able to stand on his own and just to contradict LTG's version is so huge he can't even lift it up. One thing that I liked about the LTG's design is the wing tips movable. But the rotors are blank etc etc. 

I actually took out my printed rotors. They made the turbines really bulky and I prefer the empty and thinner look. I actually removed the wedge plates on both wings and the little engine bit sticking out of the bottom, and that enables him to stand up while attached to the wings. I put the pieces back on when I display him in flight. 

@GoldenNinja3000 oh I see, if you can provide pictures once fixed that would be appreciated, I'm actually interested to see your modified wings. Thing here is LTG's version is actually good. But we do all kind of preferable design or what not and that's Lego so make sense. :sweet: