Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

3 minutes ago, Borex said:

Still an odd choice. I do like him though, but he doesn't have the wow factor like Silver Centurion. He should have had the dual-moulded legs that come in the fun at the beach set too. 

He is more set-material imo instead of polybag-material.

Correct! I said it before *imma say it again. Both Silver Centurion and Iron Patriot had a great detailing, I'm no hater of this fig but this doesn't have the unique feeling and exclusivity in it. 

I'm still disappointed in the pre order figure. Compared to the great quality of Iron Patriot and the drop-dead amazing detail on the Silver Centurion, this figure doesn't measure up at all. I have no idea why it has far less detail than other pre order figures. 

17 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I'm still disappointed in the pre order figure. Compared to the great quality of Iron Patriot and the drop-dead amazing detail on the Silver Centurion, this figure doesn't measure up at all. I have no idea why it has far less detail than other pre order figures. 

Because it's 2017 year of the let down. Where there's alot of dissapointment everything Marvel. IMO, yea we do get alot of nice figs (ex Hela, Gladiator Hulk) but comparing it last year with overall satisfaction it's a let down.

10 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

If it's w/o his mohawk then yea it actually exist. That genie is perfect but the thing is were talking about the head, genie's head does't have a hole/stud to fit in the mohawk, so it they have to introduce a whole new piece if they decided to make it a figure.

EDIT: I should've finished reading the thread before posting. :wall:

Sure it's probably pointless to discuss it, but Genie's head DOES have a hole in it, which fits a mini-pin, since he has a feather piece attached. So as long as this hypothetical mohawk had a mini-pin (unlike the actual mohawk made for GotG2 Yondu), it would be spot-on.

But none of that matters now. We're getting Goliath/Giant-Man.

My biggest complaint with all of this is how prominent Spidey 2099 is in all of the art. It's like they're purposefully tormenting me by not giving us that figure. Sadface.

Edited by rob-ot5000

59 minutes ago, rob-ot5000 said:

EDIT: I should've finished reading the thread before posting. :wall:

Sure it's probably pointless to discuss it, but Genie's head DOES have a hole in it, which fits a mini-pin, since he has a feather piece attached. So as long as this hypothetical mohawk had a mini-pin (unlike the actual mohawk made for GotG2 Yondu), it would be spot-on.

But none of that matters now. We're getting Goliath/Giant-Man.

My biggest complaint with all of this is how prominent Spidey 2099 is in all of the art. It's like they're purposefully tormenting me by not giving us that figure. Sadface.

Hahahaha it's alright! As you've said it's pointless they gave us Goliath anyway, and alsooooo wrong advertisement in the post. (It's not Giant-Man) But it's the same person so no bigdeal.

We can still hope for comics sets that has Spider Gwen and 2099 but that belongs to wishlist thread. 

Like everyone else I'm pretty disappointed that Goliath is the preorder fig. They could've at least given him arm and leg printing and maybe even dual molding! They really spoiled us with Silver Centurion, hell the Iron Patriot was far better too plus he had that little assembly station while SC had extra parts with the armor pieces. This is just a super plain minifig with barely any printing and no additional gear whatsoever. Really!?! *sigh* classic Guardians pack sounds nice, and I'm really excited for Chronopolis since there's been a number of reveals for locations and size and scope. Being able to fly up to Nowhere and swim in the water down to Lemuria and the inclusion of Noir New York and how in-depth the new character customizer is. A lot of great stuff so far, I can't wait to see gameplay at E3! (fingers crossed Ghost Rider is revealed to put my mind at ease)

2 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

(It's not Giant-Man) But it's the same person so no bigdeal.

To be fair, the cover of that costume's debut issue has him billed as Giant-Man. :innocent: But yeah, I guess he adopts the Goliath persona in that issue too. Freakin' Hank Pym. That guy has issues.

goliathhank.jpg?itok=_CcS-ShH

48 minutes ago, rob-ot5000 said:

To be fair, the cover of that costume's debut issue has him billed as Giant-Man. :innocent: But yeah, I guess he adopts the Goliath persona in that issue too. Freakin' Hank Pym. That guy has issues.

Confuses me. I always associate Goliath with his later blue/red costume. I guess I had more comics with that one in when I was kid.

Either way, I wish Lego would release characters like this using their clock-size molds.

Goliath by himself is a decent figure, but it's really the idea of him being the pre order which is usually an awesome and anticipated figure. Like he doesn't need any extra printing on his character, but someone else could have really benefited from it all

Even if it's not that great, probably I'll end up getting one. Not in the game but in the secondary market, how much is he now in eBay?

I will get Goliath, but it's a really underwhelming figure compared to past pre-order bonuses like Silver Centurion, and even some normal Marvel polybags (*cough* A:AOU Minifig Hulk and GOTG Ravager Rocket), I need that classic Yondu figure!!!!!

Oh so many characters I think could be better than Goliath Man to get as a pre order bonus:

Stan Lee

Ego the Living Planet

Squirrel Girl

Spider-Gwen

Rescue

Any of the previously ignored X-MEN or Inhumans...

Any of the Fantastic Four...

Any of the Defenders...

Namor

Blade

Deathlock

Iron Man Mark I

Knowing our luck at least one of those characters will be an SDCC exclusive none of us will ever be able to afford :tongue:

Has anyone preordered on amazon before? If so, do you get the figure when you preorder it? Or do you have to do that at a store to get it?

2 minutes ago, xboxtravis7992 said:

Oh so many characters I think could be better than Goliath Man to get as a pre order bonus:

Iron Man Mark I

This makes me sad. :cry_sad: We really need this.

14 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

This makes me sad. :cry_sad: We really need this.

I don't really see why we NEED him. While I admit he'd be a pretty cool figure, I prefer figures that can be used with the rest of the ones in the subtheme. Hence why I'm also not in need of either Batman Beyond or Spider-Man 2099. For me it'd be like getting a pre-Batman Bruce Wayne or Captain America in his WW2 outfit

5 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

I don't really see why we NEED him. While I admit he'd be a pretty cool figure, I prefer figures that can be used with the rest of the ones in the subtheme. Hence why I'm also not in need of either Batman Beyond or Spider-Man 2099. For me it'd be like getting a pre-Batman Bruce Wayne or Captain America in his WW2 outfit

It's one of the most popular armors of Tony. Simply because it all starts with the MK 1 armor. That where he became Ironman so it's iconic. I don't see them making a set with that armor so it should be an exclusive/polybag.

So, seeing as this comes in the deluxe edition, does it really need to be pre ordered to get him?

27 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

So, seeing as this comes in the deluxe edition, does it really need to be pre ordered to get him?

It comes in the box of the deluxe edition? Or does it come in a polybag separate?

Just now, Sir Gareth said:

Read Spider-Verse much?

Funnily enough I knew someone would comment that. Fine. Got to admit I'm not a fan of alternate dimension story lines for Spidey, I prefer his street level stories but I'm probably alone there :sceptic:

5 hours ago, xboxtravis7992 said:

Stan Lee

Ego the Living Planet

Squirrel Girl

Spider-Gwen

Rescue

Any of the previously ignored X-MEN or Inhumans...

Any of the Fantastic Four...

Any of the Defenders...

Namor

Blade

Deathlock

Iron Man Mark I

Knowing our luck at least one of those characters will be an SDCC exclusive none of us will ever be able to afford :tongue:

Look at the bright side, all these guys are free to show up in sets! And again, Spider-Gwen is almost definitely coming to a set sooner than later, thanks to the new Spider-Man cartoon! 

Brickset's review of the Arena Clash set is up: https://brickset.com/article/28430/review-76088-thor-vs-hulk-arena-clash

I don't like it at all seeing these new photos. 2017 has been super lack luster for Marvel sets, and this just continues that trend. The best of this year (Guardians of the Galaxy, Spider-Man, etc.) looks "just okay" compared to the 2016 and 2015 sets. I hope this trend doesn't continue though, I don't want Infinity War to get overpriced blank wall sets too! :sceptic:

2 minutes ago, xboxtravis7992 said:

Brickset's review of the Arena Clash set is up: https://brickset.com/article/28430/review-76088-thor-vs-hulk-arena-clash

I don't like it at all seeing these new photos. 2017 has been super lack luster for Marvel sets, and this just continues that trend. The best of this year (Guardians of the Galaxy, Spider-Man, etc.) looks "just okay" compared to the 2016 and 2015 sets. I hope this trend doesn't continue though, I don't want Infinity War to get overpriced blank wall sets too! :sceptic:

Same opinion that I have, I'm thankful we got wonderful figs (Hulk, Banner, Hela, Vulture etc etc) but comparing it with last year's release I mean the overall set. Builds/Figs/ No. of sets character we got. ya know, last year was better than this year's release.