Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

Guys, any suggestion with what item to swap with Shocker's gauntlet? It looks stupid big fist of hands/

53 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Guys, any suggestion with what item to swap with Shocker's gauntlet? It looks stupid big fist of hands/

Drillex's gauntlet pieces look fantastic on Shocker, and they're smaller than those Chima hands. They're also gunmetal grey, so no color compromise.

4 minutes ago, Aegis2000 said:

Drillex's gauntlet pieces look fantastic on Shocker, and they're smaller than those Chima hands. They're also gunmetal grey, so no color compromise.

That piece is so hard to get, however it's a great representation of Shocker's gauntlet, other than this any suggestions? 

Has anyone tried putting Kraven's fur neck piece on the 2017 Vulture figure? Will it even work with that new Iron Man mask piece? If it does, it would add some much needed detail to the figure. 

3 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

That piece is so hard to get, however it's a great representation of Shocker's gauntlet, other than this any suggestions? 

I don't know if I'm allowed to link to Flickr and stuff, but I thought Purist Dc Fig's Bane gauntlets could be slightly altered to work pretty well as Shocker gauntlets. Just replace the neck pieces on his arms with dark grey ones, and add some trans-blue studs on either side, and then maybe a slope piece above it (don't really know what that piece is called.)

Bane

1 hour ago, KingSpoozle said:

I don't know if I'm allowed to link to Flickr and stuff, but I thought Purist Dc Fig's Bane gauntlets could be slightly altered to work pretty well as Shocker gauntlets. Just replace the neck pieces on his arms with dark grey ones, and add some trans-blue studs on either side, and then maybe a slope piece above it (don't really know what that piece is called.)

Is that a handcuff piece in the arms? Cool work. 

1 hour ago, MasterofElements said:

Has anyone tried putting Kraven's fur neck piece on the 2017 Vulture figure? Will it even work with that new Iron Man mask piece? If it does, it would add some much needed detail to the figure. 

Probably our friend, @KingSpoozle can help with that. I'm also curios with that. Also with penguin's fur neck piece. 

2 hours ago, MasterofElements said:

21 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

I'm also curios with that. Also with penguin's fur neck piece. 

I don't have the new iron man helmet, but I have both Kraven and Penguin fur pieces and it seems like just from images that the helmet wouldn't even fit on either. The fur pieces fit too high around minifigure necks.

6 minutes ago, Raptor of Vengeance said:

I don't have the new iron man helmet, but I have both Kraven and Penguin fur pieces and it seems like just from images that the helmet wouldn't even fit on either. The fur pieces fit too high around minifigure necks.

Remember the kryptonian helmet of Zod? I think it fits like that. 

53 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Speaking of which I still think that would be a nice replacement for Vultures printed helmet for those who want something with texture.

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

No, the Zod helmet has a bit of the back exposed, meaning you'll see half the eyes and the entire mouth of a minifigure head if it is double sided.

41 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

Speaking of which I still think that would be a nice replacement for Vultures printed helmet for those who want something with texture.

I thought so as well, I'd just use either a black head or a minifigure with one face since the back is a bit exposed.

Unfortunately, I went to go check the Zod helmet with the Kraven fur collar, and it doesn't go down all the way. It can fit a bit tight by lightly jamming the front sides of both pieces together, but it feels like the helmet will just fall off easily.

HOWEVER, the Penguin's fur collar works perfectly with the Zod helmet! 

http://imgur.com/a/o6ifn

Edited by Raptor of Vengeance
Pictures!!!

9 minutes ago, SandMirror38 said:

Is it true that we're getting a 2nd wave for Guardians at Christmas time? 

Definitely not. There have been no rumors of a second wave and Lego wouldn't waste slots on sets for a movie that will have released 7 months ago by the time the winter wave rolls around. Plus, they've got Black Panther and Infinity War sets to make. The only movies that Lego releases sets for that long after the movie comes out are things like the Lego Movie and Lego Batman Movie.

Spider-Man Homecoming shows that I am excited that we are finally getting Spider-Man Lego sets that are not based on the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon :)

1 hour ago, SandMirror38 said:

Nope, I have no idea where you heard that from.

4 hours ago, Raptor of Vengeance said:

No, the Zod helmet has a bit of the back exposed, meaning you'll see half the eyes and the entire mouth of a minifigure head if it is double sided.

I thought so as well, I'd just use either a black head or a minifigure with one face since the back is a bit exposed.

Unfortunately, I went to go check the Zod helmet with the Kraven fur collar, and it doesn't go down all the way. It can fit a bit tight by lightly jamming the front sides of both pieces together, but it feels like the helmet will just fall off easily.

HOWEVER, the Penguin's fur collar works perfectly with the Zod helmet! 

http://imgur.com/a/o6ifn

Aw excellent! I think the Kraven fur piece is more accurate but at least one of them will work with the Zod helmet.

1 hour ago, ToaDraco said:

Aw excellent! I think the Kraven fur piece is more accurate but at least one of them will work with the Zod helmet.

I don't know, if it's color green then it works. But the colors are off so I would stick with the TLG gave us. But yea it is sad that both of those fur can't fit together with the helm

3 hours ago, SandMirror38 said:

Where did u get that info?

On 2017-5-25 at 4:35 PM, SpiderJazz said:

Atleast they don't have Tony's face in the Spiderman Homecoming set. 

Anyone know why this is the case? Just a light blue head instead.

Edited by Bricky Kai Yay

44 minutes ago, Bricky Kai Yay said:

Anyone know why this is the case? Just a light blue head instead.

No one knows until we see the film, but I think in the scene Tony just sent the armor to help but that's just my guess. 

2 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

No one knows until we see the film, but I think in the scene Tony just sent the armor to help but that's just my guess. 

it might be the same case as Age of Ultron's opening scene with the Iron Legion, where Tony just sends the armor to help save the ferry. Then Tony flies in to scold Peter for going around his special coding and helping everyone.

I dunno if this has been posted but it turns out the Shocker face print isn't generic at all. It's different in the SW trooper pack.

Really upset right now, so sorry for the rant. I hate this time of the year when the US and some European countries are A. lucky enough to be getting sets early and B. getting them for so much cheaper. So any chance I have to get a set early it makes me feel like I'm actually getting it the same time as the rest of the world. This was the case last week when I got the Bounty Hunter Pack and the new First Order Pack from Toysrus. That was one of the first days that they began to receive the new summer sets but not all of them, pretty much none of the sets I was actually interested in. After talking to one of the employees there I found out that the days they get stock is Mondays and Thursdays. So I went today hoping they got the new LBM sets in but sadly they didn't and I was going to settle for the two Homecoming sets. I went to the cash getting ready to checkout and an error message pops up on the computer saying hold back until June 1st. The employee then went and checked with the manager and he said there was nothing he could do except put the products on hold for me until Thursday (How nice of them! After I took a 30-40 minute Bus ride to get there!) Anyways he said he was sorry and that whoever was receiving and stocking the shelves shouldn't have put them on the shelves. I then said okay but what about the other 50 NEW LEGO sets you have out? I bought some sets that are also supposed to come out on Thursday and had no problem... This is at least the second time this has happened to me. I could care less about picking up a dumb Jungle set or ridiculously overprice Star Wars set - what I wanted to get was literally the only thing I couldn't get. I know it sounds really childish and first world problems but I already wasted 1 hour today going there and back and now if I want to get the sets I'm going to have to go back AGAIN for another 1 hour. What I'd like is for them to give me a discount or some free promotional product but Customer Service said they couldn't do anything.... So wahoo :thumbup: Can't wait to go back again (:damn:)

Ashnflash, just buy online at Toys R Us - it's free delivery on orders over £20 so it saves you money and time :)

So;
Thor Vs Hulk - £54.99 - 492 pieces
Ultimate Battle for Asgard - £49.99 - 400 pieces
Beware the Vulture - £44.99 - 375 pieces
ATM Heist Battle - £19.99 - 185 pieces

Why is it the only set that is actually priced reasonably for the piece count is also the set that is most likely to be passed on?

Regardless, those prices are too high for the other sets for me even to consider getting them at that cost. Will definitely be waiting for a sale as the three larger sets should each be about £5 cheaper.

Just now, Scarilian said:

So;
Thor Vs Hulk - £54.99 - 492 pieces
Ultimate Battle for Asgard - £49.99 - 400 pieces
Beware the Vulture - £44.99 - 375 pieces
ATM Heist Battle - £19.99 - 185 pieces

Why is it the only set that is actually priced reasonably for the piece count is also the set that is most likely to be passed on?

Regardless, those prices are too high for the other sets for me even to consider getting them at that cost. Will definitely be waiting for a sale as the three larger sets should each be about £5 cheaper.

Yep, I would have The Ultimate Battle for Asgard at £40-£45 and Beware the Vulture at £30

38 minutes ago, RobbieHxC said:

Ashnflash, just buy online at Toys R Us - it's free delivery on orders over £20 so it saves you money and time :)

Toysrus does not have the new LBM, Star Wars or Marvel sets listed online. When I called Customer Service they couldn't even find the sets in their system.