Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

i don't know if this has been mentionned, but spiderman from the 76067 set and the new one from homecoming have different torsos!

spidy.jpg

10 minutes ago, Mat099 said:

i don't know if this has been mentionned, but spiderman from the 76067 set and the new one from homecoming have different torsos!

Yes, back when we saw the sets in NYTF, Not just the torso. They also update the arms to make it more accurate as we got the Civil War suit (conceptual art) in the last set.

And by looking at the image you attached seems they also tweaked the head print, or that's just me?

To me the eyes are kinda different, probably I can compare it in personal when I got my hands on Beware the Vulture set.

8 hours ago, LegoShroom said:

US get sets cheaper than almost everywhere else. It's only fair that you have to wait longer. 

Yes, thank you!

Interesting that Europe get the Thor sets on June 1st - I've been to Toys R Us and Smyths in the UK. Both have had all the June 1st sets out on shelves already, but neither had the Thor sets. Is it just a rumour that Thor sets come out June 1st or confirmed by LEGO themselves? It would be almost six full months before the movie release which is absurd.

6 hours ago, ReZourceman said:

Interesting that Europe get the Thor sets on June 1st - I've been to Toys R Us and Smyths in the UK. Both have had all the June 1st sets out on shelves already, but neither had the Thor sets. Is it just a rumour that Thor sets come out June 1st or confirmed by LEGO themselves? It would be almost six full months before the movie release which is absurd.

It's sort of an educated guess; more and more reviews of the Thor sets keep coming out at a similar rate to the Homecomig sets, meaning people are getting both

Picked up the Spider-Man Heist set today from Tesco...  :)
They had a couple that weren't marked up on the shelf so took 1 to the customer service desk to ask for the price, to which they told me they weren't for sale and shouldn't have been put out. I Informed them they had a few still on down the aisle and went back down to see what else I could pick up instead (had a voucher to use up), after standing around for 10minutes with nothing else sparking my interest I noticed nobody had come to remove the remaining set, so thought sod it and took it to the self service to which they manually put it through the till for me ^_^

9 hours ago, ReZourceman said:

It's a more solid confirmation of the Thor set release date. 

https://www.amazon.co.jp/レゴ-LEGO-スーパー-ヒーローズ-アスガルド最後の戦い-76084/dp/B06WVBMCJJ/ref=pd_bxgy_21_img_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=M9C2QVTWMG190EVNRQFS

Since Thor set are released in June, are we getting another wave at the end of this year? 

Edited by WYC

12 minutes ago, WYC said:

It's a more solid confirmation of the Thor set release date. 

https://www.amazon.co.jp/レゴ-LEGO-スーパー-ヒーローズ-アスガルド最後の戦い-76084/dp/B06WVBMCJJ/ref=pd_bxgy_21_img_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=M9C2QVTWMG190EVNRQFS

Since Thor set are released in June, are we getting another wave at the end of this year? 

No, there's been no rumors of another wave. Last summer the last Marvel sets came out in August and there was nothing else for the rest of the year. 

I find it very weird, reviews of Thor: Ragnarok sets keeps on coming, while on the other hand Spider man: Homecoming set only have one review but this is the one that is set to be released in June 1st. 

(Probably they are more interested with Thor: Ragnarok sets than Spidey.)

So I heard some rumors that there is going to be a 3rd spiderman set, is that true. Im hoping for  the homemade suit? And will we get a minifigure with Thinkerer? And there was a pic of Shocker in a costume for a promo art for a toy, I hope LEGO can make that...

On 5/20/2017 at 11:09 PM, SpiderJazz said:

Yes, back when we saw the sets in NYTF, Not just the torso. They also update the arms to make it more accurate as we got the Civil War suit (conceptual art) in the last set.

And by looking at the image you attached seems they also tweaked the head print, or that's just me?

I thought so, too, but I think that might just be the lighting. 

2 hours ago, gman4306 said:

So I heard some rumors that there is going to be a 3rd spiderman set, is that true. Im hoping for  the homemade suit? And will we get a minifigure with Thinkerer? And there was a pic of Shocker in a costume for a promo art for a toy, I hope LEGO can make that...

Probably not going to happen. We would have heard more details about that by now. The homemade suit could be a SDCC exclusive. Also, I'm pretty sure we won't be seeing tinkerer in minifigure form anytime soon.

It would be nice is lego could agree on a style for these marvel sets - when you go from ultra detailed Spiderman via 'standard' Iron Man to 'basic' Vulture, in one set, I'm just not sure what's going on! As for Shocker, he looks like no one had much inspiration that day...

3 hours ago, gman4306 said:

I know it make sense, but not gonna happen. 

2 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

I thought so, too, but I think that might just be the lighting. 

Now I'm excited to see it inpersonal, so I can compare it.

I managed to get the Vulture set. His mask looks better in person, I'm upgrading my opinion from bad to OK. I really don't like that truck build though. The front is great, but the back half is awful. I'm thinking of turning it into a pickup truck.

Excited to get this set, as I'm going to modify the wings. I really want to see others take on the wings. Really not a fan of TLG's work here. It's so big. And I'm currently finding "talon" pieces for Vulture also. 

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

Excited to get this set, as I'm going to modify the wings. I really want to see others take on the wings. Really not a fan of TLG's work here. It's so big. And I'm currently finding "talon" pieces for Vulture also. 

After seeing the second trailer, I love the size of Vulture's wings. They make him look even more deadly and they've got a ton of detail. The one thing I dislike about the Spider-Man sets (other than some figures) is how he has no long web rope to use and only comes with power blast pieces.

^^ Not gonna display mine with that huge wings. I like things to be perfect in scale, or if not something similar, he can't stand with that TLG's design of wings. I'm pretty sure there will be alot of modifications once the set is available, also the coloring green should be dominant than grey.