Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

Perfect article. We've waited too long for that pics.

So is it me or the axe in the arena set has a printing/design? And also that cell and weapon rack is nice.

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

So is it me or the axe in the arena set has a printing/design? And also that cell and weapon rack is nice.

76088-5-768x576.jpg?w=736
Doubt it. I think it's the typical LEGO copyright symbols and stuff.

Sheesh, the Arena set has really grown on me. The back and the front both have nice detail. I think it should be $49.99 USD tho.

Edited by VaderFan2187

Just now, benderisgreat said:

Goliath is pre order bonus just like I predicted. Makes a lot of sense tbh but he's pretty weak minifigure for a bonus.

LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2 is available for Pre-Order but no mention of Goliath anywhere.

2 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Doubt it. I think it's the typical LEGO copyright symbols and stuff.

It has a circular shape that's kinda odd. Never seen it before.

2 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Goliath is pre order bonus just like I predicted. Makes a lot of sense tbh but he's pretty weak minifigure for a bonus.

Indeed, I was looking for more something with a nice and intricate detailing.

Well, when I checked the guy's IG account. He sells a lot of unreleased fig. I asked him if it will come with a polybag but he didn't answer me anymore.

32 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Nope, it's yellow.

Then i'll bricklink me some extra blue-yellow pants!

I still think they could give us a better pre order exclusive instead of Goliath, but maybe he'll be superimportant in the game? In a way it's also a bit logical he would be a polybag exclusive, because in a set he would be more fun as a build like Ares and MCU Giant-Man, right?

What shade of yellow are the arms of Shocker? I want to give dual-moulded legs too. Are they Catman yellow, or Roman Gladiator yellow?

I keep asking my self. Where the hell this guys get the set soo early!

Another review is up, this time for the Arena Battle set:

Edited by SpiderJazz

So many....

Is he a lego factory thief or something?

Goliath looks good, i want him.

1 hour ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Looks like Spider-Man has a slightly updated torso from the Tanker Takedown set.  The spider on the chest has been corrected, and the descending blue lines are now black, emphasizing the mid-section "cartridges" more.  Not a big change, but at least he looks more accurate now.

Has anyone thought up some purist leg pieces to switch out for all the Marvel figures without leg printing?

I know someone already came up with Ronin's legs from the Ninjago Salvage Mech being great for Vulture.

The blue and yellow dual molded legs from the beach set would definitely help the Goliath figure but its still not enough for me. I'll probably see if they have extras at GameStop when they come out. Hope it isn't packaged with the game tho like Finn was.

35 minutes ago, doclord said:

Has anyone thought up some purist leg pieces to switch out for all the Marvel figures without leg printing?

I'd check the purist superheros thread in the customs sub forum. But all the Hawkeye legs are good for tactical jump suits.

Edited by AgentKallus of Hydra

I'm not going to lie: I'm way more into the Thor: Ragnarök sets than the Spider-man: Homecoming sets after seeing the official images. There's an improvement seeing them in HD without the background, and the minifigures are still superb

3 hours ago, doclord said:

I know someone already came up with Ronin's legs from the Ninjago Salvage Mech being great for Vulture.

Mind if you can post a picture of that legs? Thanks in advance!

1 minute ago, SpiderJazz said:

Mind if you can post a picture of that legs? Thanks in advance!

sRkzTBT.png

Another crappy photoshop from me.

Just now, VaderFan2187 said:

Another crappy photoshop from me.

Thanks for doing that but it looks off* I'm thinking the Monster Fighter guy. The one in the swamp set. Not the monster but the protagonist. Forgot his name tho. 

Edited by SpiderJazz