Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

@benderisgreat Arena Battle has a lot of small pieces for the arena build itself. Back part is also well detailed.

Looking at the pictures I remember that there's some kinda cell with the printed 1x1 lock in it. Those pieces count for me should be the other way around, the Asgard battle looks much bigger than arena set.

1 hour ago, benderisgreat said:

My local toy store just posted info about Thor 3 sets, piece count is surprising:

Arena Battle -490 pcs

Battle for Asgard -400 pcs.

Where did all the pieces go? Sets look so small!

Yet I bet the Arena Battle is still way more expensive even though there is only 90 pieces extra xD

Just now, J3D1-T said:

Yet I bet the Arena Battle is still way more expensive even though there is only 90 pieces extra xD

60$ for 490 pcs Arena;

50$ for 400 pcs Asgard .

I just saw all the pictures of the sets, and they look more worth it now. The wold build in the Asgard set is huge! I didn't think it would be that big. I still really like the ship and the figures look amazing. The arena is amazing from the back. Normally, sets don't get that much detail on the side you're not meant to see. The prison cell is cool and I like how the wall sections detach. I'll definitely buy one or two more to make the full ring. 

Wondering where to get the HD pictures of the Thor: Ragnarok sets (It's been shown in YT preview videos) So I can easily examine the sets myself. You guys have any idea where to get those?

4 hours ago, Captain Nemo said:

Yeppers! Here is the appropriate thread:  

Lego Marvel Superheroes 2

"What did I tell you about 'yeppers'?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLdFFD8II8U  :classic:

12 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

If that's so. TLG prove us that this is the year of let down. No harm with those fan of Goliath fig. I don't want to beef with you guys.

but considering the Iron Patriot and Silver Centurion then this? 

What's odd is that Goliath would look a hundred times better if he had the new blue and yellow dual-molded legs from the Fun at the Beach set. Truly, it's all a matter of opinion though. Silver Centurion was surely one of the most detailed and well-done figures ever, but I don't care much about MCU Iron Man variants. I would easily have preferred a less-detailed, comic-styled figure instead. All that said, I can't imagine anyone was clamoring for Goliath. Odd, indeed.

5 minutes ago, rob-ot5000 said:

What's odd is that Goliath would look a hundred times better if he had the new blue and yellow dual-molded legs from the Fun at the Beach set. Truly, it's all a matter of opinion though. Silver Centurion was surely one of the most detailed and well-done figures ever, but I don't care much about MCU Iron Man variants. I would easily have preferred a less-detailed, comic-styled figure instead. All that said, I can't imagine anyone was clamoring for Goliath. Odd, indeed.

Right, it would be really much better to have the dual-molded legs. I mean I don't really hate the design after all it's a great addition, tho comparing it to those previous release it doesn't have the factor, let's just say printing wise both Silver Centurion and Iron Patriot nailed it! and up until now they are quite pricey because of that! 

I can see this Goliath fig a let down just because being exclusive means being special or unique. Like what I've said in my original post I have no problems bout' the fig but it doesn't give the hype we had with those previous figs. 

41 minutes ago, TheLegoExperience said:

Right? Especially since it includes a big-fig.

By LEGO logic, the pieces to build a £30 set can be raised to £60 with big figs

7 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

By LEGO logic, the pieces to build a £30 set can be raised to £60 with big figs

Yeah, thats weird considering 2015 AoU Hulk appeared in 30$ set!

49 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Yeah, thats weird considering 2015 AoU Hulk appeared in 30$ set!

I think it happened because the exact same fig was in the hydra base set

Back in 2012, Lego released the "Attack of the Wargs" set. Perfect 400 pieces...also $50. That one came with five minifgures and not one, but two wolves. Now in "The Ultimate Battle for Asgard," we got six minifigures, but only one wolf. I think Lego has balanced things alright here.

in all seriousness, it's overpriced any which way you look at it. The minifigures are great, but you just do not see $50 and $60 there, respectively. I can't be,I Eve both sets are less than 500 pieces and both have a $50+ price tag. Especially not after what they pulled with the Hulk v Red Hulk set in January.

I feel like Spidey 2099 and Spider-Gwen are pretty likely for next year, similar to how there was a lot of new characters and new variants in Lego Batman 3 that got released later in 2015. They might even make that cowboy Captain America, considering how many useless Cap variants Lego apparently loves to make. :tongue:

33 minutes ago, Aegis2000 said:

in all seriousness, it's overpriced any which way you look at it. The minifigures are great, but you just do not see $50 and $60 there, respectively.

I see $45 USD in the Ultimate Battle set and $50 in the Arena set.

1 hour ago, VaderFan2187 said:

I see $45 USD in the Ultimate Battle set and $50 in the Arena set.

I think the arena should be $50, but I'm fine with the Asgard set being $50. I don't care about piece count as long as the builds are big enough for the price point and look nice. 

Edited by GoldenNinja3000

5 hours ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

I feel like Spidey 2099 and Spider-Gwen are pretty likely for next year, similar to how there was a lot of new characters and new variants in Lego Batman 3 that got released later in 2015. They might even make that cowboy Captain America, considering how many useless Cap variants Lego apparently loves to make. :tongue:

Spider-Gwen is DEFINITELY happening sooner than later. She'll be starring in the new Spider-Man cartoon, after all. I'd say she, Araña, and a re-released Miles Morales are imminent. 

1 hour ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

Spider-Gwen is DEFINITELY happening sooner than later. She'll be starring in the new Spider-Man cartoon, after all. I'd say she, Araña, and a re-released Miles Morales are imminent. 

On point, never realized that one. And heck yea there's a lot of potential villains that could pop up with Spider-Gwen!

So yea, I assue this will clear the expeculation with the box art. She's supporting power blast in Black unlike the one we saw in offcial pics that is red. It's kinda confusing tho in the pictures both of the colors was shown.

As for Hulk bigfig, I don't know if someone already mentioned it before. They use the old mold for bigfig probably new head and arms but those feet are molded, unlike AoU that's just printed.

Where the hell this guy got this set so damn early? I can understand the homecoming set because it will be released in June 1st, but this ragnarok set. Mannn way too early.

Edited by SpiderJazz
video link provided.

14 hours ago, rob-ot5000 said:

What's odd is that Goliath would look a hundred times better if he had the new blue and yellow dual-molded legs from the Fun at the Beach set.

But isn't his torso, hands and print golden?

I'm really liking everything about that Asgard set, but I have no idea how they got it so early.

What if they will scheduled to released sooner than what we expect? (august)

Another review:

PS.  guys, I came across with a seller of unreleased figs in IG, and he is selling the goliath fig, I asked if that's the pre order fig in the upcoming lego marvel 2. I got a straight forward answer "YES"

58 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

PS.  guys, I came across with a seller of unreleased figs in IG, and he is selling the goliath fig, I asked if that's the pre order fig in the upcoming lego marvel 2. I got a straight forward answer "YES"

:cry2: aww that's too bad.

I know right!

Everyone that's waiting for the official pics of both Spiderman and Thor sets are up. brickshowtv posted it a while ago.

7 hours ago, Borex said:

But isn't his torso, hands and print golden?

Nope, it's yellow.

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

Noooooooooo!!! That's so bad!