Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

Just now, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I wish Lego would do sets for video games like they did for Lego Batman 3. The wave after that game had lots of heroes and builds from the game and it would be amazing if Lego gave us something like that next January. 

I feel like a small Avengers or Spider Man (or both...?) comic winter wave is possible before the Infinity War sets. Also theres no Marvel film slated for later 2018 (Ant Man + Wasp is in July which could have a set), so maybe a comic summer wave too

Also just a thought, it says the trailer shall be released on the 23rd May, maybe we see what the pre order figure is at the end, I'm not sure if thats how its worked in the past before, but just a thought

Did you forget about Black Panther? It will be released in February right? So a potential set could appear by that time. 

10 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Also just a thought, it says the trailer shall be released on the 23rd May, maybe we see what the pre order figure is at the end, I'm not sure if thats how its worked in the past before, but just a thought

Yeap it's also a nice way  to announce what is the pre order fig. As they will release the full trailer. 

26 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

I haven't been able to find any of the trailers that has that, but I did stumble upon the full version (better than the FB video):

But yeah, I agree, and I hope they reveal the exclusive, if any, soon. If we are indeed getting Spidey 2099, I'd like to know ASAP!!! Been waiting for that figure for years.

This is awesome news! My poor wallet this year though, so many great sets and games. 2099 Spidey is a great surprise and I do hope we get a minifig of him. I'm not going to give my hopes up on any other figure but Goliath as the included figure as we've seen nothing yet to suggest anything but him. I personally really hope Ghost Rider and his bike are playable again, especially now that he has his own set, plus the Agents of SHIELD version of Reyes is very popular and him and his car would be great inclusions as well. Plus, since they're both in the MCU now, it would make extra sense to include them! Anyway, so far it looks like there will be some great playable characters. Hopefully Baby Groot can transform like a bigfig into his adult form. That cowboy Cap is.... weird, I could see that being a preorder minifig but who would want that. :sick:

4 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Well with new Marvel Superheroes game Goliath minifigures makes sense! Not as exciting as Iron Man from 2016 but still nice.

Still hoping he's not the pre order fig. It make sense with the leak but doesn't make sense with the game itself.

Am I the only one who feels like the Avengers game just came out, oh wait..... :grin:   I would have preferred a new DC game. 

55 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Still hoping he's not the pre order fig. It make sense with the leak but doesn't make sense with the game itself.

We still know almost nothing about the game. It might make sense within it.

But I just think that surely they would know they are torturing us putting Spidey 2099 at the center of the images if we're not getting him. They're geeks too, so I hope they would know that!

Everyone, this is not the Lego Marvel video game discussion thread. Take that over to Lego Media and Gaming. Do not discuss the game trailer here. 

This is the set discussion thread. Talk about the sets. Thanks. :thumbup:

3 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

It's the only explanation why Goliath was leaked. Too early for 2018 sets, pre order minifigures are usually leaked really far in advance. That Iron Man was leaked 6-7 months before Lego Marvel Avengers came out.

I don't know. Goliath is not that well-known that everybody needs him. I would choose classic comic hawkeye or classic comic vision before him. Or Thor with his blonde hair and helmet, wasp or scarlet witch for boosting sales.

I just hope we get him in a normal set, preferably an early avenger roster set and with a buildable Goliath as well. When do we hear about the winter waves?

12 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

I feel like a small Avengers or Spider Man (or both...?) comic winter wave is possible before the Infinity War sets. Also theres no Marvel film slated for later 2018 (Ant Man + Wasp is in July which could have a set), so maybe a comic summer wave too

That seems possible seeing that a January wave is close to the game's release. A small comic wave based on the video game just like Lego Batman 3 did.

15 hours ago, strangely said:

It's interesting that Spider-man 2099 has a blank spot on his legs where the printing stops, just like it would be on a real minifigure. I wonder if there's some possibility it's going to be a real minifigure. If there could be a store exclusive that we don't know about featuring him and Spider-Gwen that would be awesome.

These games have gotten better and better at emulating Lego's design quirks, so I wouldn't get your hopes up just yet. Granted, we did just get Scarlet Spider and the least impressive Spider-Woman (which is saying something; there's like 5 of them) so who knows? It sounds like we'll see a good batch of Spider-Verse characters, as someone asked about Spider-Noir on Instagram and got a smiley face from Arthur and not a letter more.

9 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

It's the only explanation why Goliath was leaked. Too early for 2018 sets, pre order minifigures are usually leaked really far in advance. That Iron Man was leaked 6-7 months before Lego Marvel Avengers came out.

There's no way that this game is coming soon enough to already have the pre-order promo in production, though, and they always go a little extra on the printing for those figures. 

10 hours ago, Captain Nemo said:

Everyone, this is not the Lego Marvel video game discussion thread. Take that over to Lego Media and Gaming. Do not discuss the game trailer here. 

This is the set discussion thread. Talk about the sets. Thanks. :thumbup:

Is there a thread for the game already? I'm having a hard time finding it if there is.

33 minutes ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

These games have gotten better and better at emulating Lego's design quirks, so I wouldn't get your hopes up just yet. Granted, we did just get Scarlet Spider and the least impressive Spider-Woman (which is saying something; there's like 5 of them) so who knows? It sounds like we'll see a good batch of Spider-Verse characters, as someone asked about Spider-Noir on Instagram and got a smiley face from Arthur and not a letter more.

There's no way that this game is coming soon enough to already have the pre-order promo in production, though, and they always go a little extra on the printing for those figures. 

Is there a thread for the game already? I'm having a hard time finding it if there is.

Silver Centurion Iron Man was leaked in May/June 2015, while Lego Avengers was released in January 2016. Goliath as pre order bonus makes a lot of sense!

Just now, benderisgreat said:

Silver Centurion Iron Man was leaked in May/June 2015, while Lego Avengers was released in January 2016. Goliath as pre order bonus makes a lot of sense!

If that's so. TLG prove us that this is the year of let down. No harm with those fan of Goliath fig. I don't want to beef with you guys.

but considering the Iron Patriot and Silver Centurion then this? 

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

If that's so. TLG prove us that this is the year of let down. No harm with those fan of Goliath fig. I don't want to beef with you guys.

but considering the Iron Patriot and Silver Centurion then this? 

I'm not a fan of this minifigure, but if it was from 2018 set it's way to early for a leak. So either pre order or maybe Marvel Superheroes will finally get a book.

Just now, benderisgreat said:

I'm not a fan of this minifigure, but if it was from 2018 set it's way to early for a leak. So either pre order or maybe Marvel Superheroes will finally get a book.

Yea, I won't be giving the pre order minifigure high hopes. Now that we already knew about Goliath. But heck yea.

Most of us is looking for a fig that has "WOW" factor in it. 

So, I haven't really read through much of this thread as of late. Do we know if the Thor: Ragnarök sets are being released as an August wave? The Homecoming sets are a June release, I'm sure. Just judging by the numerous in-hand leaks of minifigures, I figured it had to be soon, and it seems appropriate given the Doctor Strange set last August (with the film out that November)

12 minutes ago, Aegis2000 said:

So, I haven't really read through much of this thread as of late. Do we know if the Thor: Ragnarök sets are being released as an August wave? The Homecoming sets are a June release, I'm sure. Just judging by the numerous in-hand leaks of minifigures, I figured it had to be soon, and it seems appropriate given the Doctor Strange set last August (with the film out that November)

Yes, the August date has been known for months. 

44 minutes ago, Aegis2000 said:

You're right, June 1st for Spiderman: Homecoming and August for Thor: Ragnarok sets. It was announced at NYTF. That time we didn't even have pictures of the Ragnarok sets just boxes and prices.

My local toy store just posted info about Thor 3 sets, piece count is surprising:

Arena Battle -490 pcs

Battle for Asgard -400 pcs.

Where did all the pieces go? Sets look so small!