Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

Just saw the movie and it was great. But Ego definitely should've gotten a figure. I think Ayesha's hairpiece could've been more accurate, but overall I'm pretty happy with the sets. 

That Goliath is really going to shake up the landscape of purist custom Booster Gold minifigs, and also seems to indicate that we'll be getting at least one comic-based set in the near future, so that's pretty rad! Only downside is that Goliath is too obscure to not have to share a set with a much more common character. I suppose we'll see what happens, though.

Maybe he'll be in a book? I hope we'll get Yellowjacket at some point as well. 

Crossing my fingers for a surprise winter GOTG2 set with Ego, Gamora in her actual outfit, Kraglin and Peter.

39 minutes ago, doclord said:

Crossing my fingers for a surprise winter GOTG2 set with Ego, Gamora in her actual outfit, Kraglin and Peter.

Not gonna happen, but we can definitely dream...

1 hour ago, doclord said:

Too good to be true. 

32 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Not gonna happen, but we can definitely dream...

Yup. we can dream! 

I'm hoping for a polybag with Ego like we did with Rocket Raccoon in his Ravager garb.

Just saw the film. It's great, makes me want the sets. Wish we got an ego but that's ok. On the topic of Thor sets I think they look alright. The bright colors match up with the Jack Kirby vibe the movie has got going on. Now a question for you guys, which homecoming set looks the best IYO? 

Saw the movie last night. One thing I noticed, the center of Nebula's face seemed purple, while the minifig has it in blue. Another concept art error? 

Also, for the second movie in a row, Gamora's main black outfit was skipped for one she barely wears. Dang. Otherwise, I thought the sets were pretty accurate. Spoilery thoughts:

Spoiler

I have to say, Ayesha's Revenge totally threw me for a loop, I went into it thinking she was the main villain. Nice bait and switch. Sad that we probably won't get Ego. If Lego makes him a SDCC exclusive I'll be pissed. 

I think Ravager Attack was split between trying to be two different sets. IMO, it should've been either all trees and traps or bulked up the ship and made into a Ravager ship escape set with Kraglin.

Yep, as has been mentioned, Ego most definitely should have gotten a minifigure! It's a real shame.

21 minutes ago, TheLegoExperience said:

We might get an Ego like how we got the Rocket in his uniform from the first movie, in an polybag a little bit later down the road.

I won't get my hopes up! It'll be a gret addition. But as I've said TLG is good in ruining the collections, remember "The Collector" being SDCC exclusive?

I prefer to have Ego than Taserface. :wink:

FYI everyone, 

As the new GOTG movie is now out in some places, please be courteous and use spoiler tags when discussing the sets in relation to the film. Not everyone can see the film immediately, so let's try to avoid discussing spoilers in public. Remember if you wish to openly discuss the film, you can do so in the Culture & Multimedia forum. 

Thanks! :thumbup:

Honestly, the choices they made for the sets are a bit confusing. 

Spoiler

Taserface was barely in the movie, and never flew a ship like the one in Ravager Attack even though it was seen. Ayesha wasn't really a villain, more of an unhinged nuisance. Ego definitely needed a figure. This is now the third Marvel movie in a row where Lego hasn't made the main villain of the film. And the Milano as the biggest set mystifies me- it blows up on Berhert within the first 20 minutes of the movie. The biggest set should've been something set on Ego himself, like one of the planet's structures with some of his blue energy tentacles. If they needed to keep the twist hidden, they could've released another set after the movie's release, like Civil War. 

Those are just my thoughts. I still like all the sets they made, I just have a few small issues with them. And at least we got two Baby Groots! 

53 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Honestly, the choices they made for the sets are a bit confusing. 

Reveal hidden contents

Taserface was barely in the movie, and never flew a ship like the one in Ravager Attack even though it was seen. Ayesha wasn't really a villain, more of an unhinged nuisance. Ego definitely needed a figure. This is now the third Marvel movie in a row where Lego hasn't made the main villain of the film. And the Milano as the biggest set mystifies me- it blows up on Berhert within the first 20 minutes of the movie. The biggest set should've been something set on Ego himself, like one of the planet's structures with some of his blue energy tentacles. If they needed to keep the twist hidden, they could've released another set after the movie's release, like Civil War. 

Those are just my thoughts. I still like all the sets they made, I just have a few small issues with them. And at least we got two Baby Groots! 

Correct, I'm fine with the sets that we got. But yeah definitely, we should have gotten Ego. As all of the components specially hairpiece is available, they won't be producing a new mold.  Just new print.

Yondu's Laser Drill is so much smaller than its in the movie. I mean the Lego version fits only 1 pilot! When in the movie it has 2 cockpits: pilots with 2 seats, and gunners with 1 seat, giant cargo bay. To make it partially accurate it should have been at least 60-70$ set, and to make it completely accurate they should have made it 100$. 

And Ego being absent in any set is a huge mistake by Lego! They could have made his ship for 20-30$, or part of his palace. Hope at least polybag release is possible.

Edited by benderisgreat

29 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Hide contents

Yondu's Laser Drill is so much smaller than its in the movie. I mean the Lego version fits only 1 pilot! When in the movie it has 2 cockpits: pilots with 2 seats, and gunners with 1 seat, giant cargo bay. To make it partially accurate it should have been at least 60-70$ set, and to make it completely accurate they should have made it 100$. 

And Ego being absent in any set is a huge mistake by Lego! They could have made his ship for 20-30$, or part of his palace. Hope at least polybag release is possible.

But the Milano can seat 5 with plenty of space... The AOU Quinjet could seat all 6 Avengers... These sets are miniscule scale models, they won't have the exact amount of space in the film. Plus if every single jet/ship was completely size accurate both Super Hero and Star Wars sets would be going for £200 minimum

4 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

But the Milano can seat 5 with plenty of space... The AOU Quinjet could seat all 6 Avengers... These sets are miniscule scale models, they won't have the exact amount of space in the film. Plus if every single jet/ship was completely size accurate both Super Hero and Star Wars sets would be going for £200 minimum

I think he wanted to say that atleast, they could've release a Yondu's ship that can be able to sit couple of figs rather than what we got. It's very cute comparing to the original size in the film. 

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

I think he wanted to say that atleast, they could've release a Yondu's ship that can be able to sit couple of figs rather than what we got. It's very cute comparing to the original size in the film. 

Exactly! I will probably try to make it more movie accurate, at least 2 times bigger.

Spoiler

Knowing  that they will be using that in the future, Wish they did justice for that ship. Probably just make it x2 bigger to sit a couple of figs like what you're going to do. Has something to do with the plot and yea. If they really wish to include the ravager ship atleast include Stakkar! 

Just my thoughts. 

What an interesting dichotomy here: either movie sets have spoilers and are criticized for ruining major plot points, or they exclude major plot points and are criticized for not accurately representing the film. Not trying to complain about hypocrisy or anything, it's just genuinely interesting to me how much of a Catch 22 this is. 

I'm not too bothered by some of the sets' inaccuracies, but to repeat the same sentiment, yeah, Ego DEFINITELY needs a figure. I'd say they'll find a way to make one before too long, ideally as a polybag but potentially as a - dare I say it - SDCC exclusive. It would be really nice to get a $30 set of Ego's ship with Mantis, Ego, and Star Lord, but it seems like a bit of a longshot at this point.

Spoiler

I kinda wish that they would've put Nebula in the Ravager set, and Mantis in the Ayesha's Revenge set. It's not a huge deal, since both are still available, but it would've been a better representation of the film that way. I'm so incredibly glad we got a Yondu fig this time around, because missing out on him this time would've broken my heart even more. Taserface is also a wonderful inclusion, though I'd really like some more Ravagers both for army building and to make some of the more interesting tertiary Ravagers like Kraglin and Half-Nut. I wish Ayesha would've had her more interesting gold dress instead of the flight suit, though I probably would've been perfectly content not getting Ayesha at all, really. I suspect she'll actually get the chance to be a main antagonist in Volume 3, but there were more deserving characters this time around than her. I'm also far more appreciative of the Groot variant in the Ravager suit now, too! Wonder if I can get a hat on him... :devil:

8 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

What an interesting dichotomy here: either movie sets have spoilers and are criticized for ruining major plot points, or they exclude major plot points and are criticized for not accurately representing the film. Not trying to complain about hypocrisy or anything, it's just genuinely interesting to me how much of a Catch 22 this is. 

I'm not too bothered by some of the sets' inaccuracies, but to repeat the same sentiment, yeah, Ego DEFINITELY needs a figure. I'd say they'll find a way to make one before too long, ideally as a polybag but potentially as a - dare I say it - SDCC exclusive. It would be really nice to get a $30 set of Ego's ship with Mantis, Ego, and Star Lord, but it seems like a bit of a longshot at this point.

Reveal hidden contents

I kinda wish that they would've put Nebula in the Ravager set, and Mantis in the Ayesha's Revenge set. It's not a huge deal, since both are still available, but it would've been a better representation of the film that way. I'm so incredibly glad we got a Yondu fig this time around, because missing out on him this time would've broken my heart even more. Taserface is also a wonderful inclusion, though I'd really like some more Ravagers both for army building and to make some of the more interesting tertiary Ravagers like Kraglin and Half-Nut. I wish Ayesha would've had her more interesting gold dress instead of the flight suit, though I probably would've been perfectly content not getting Ayesha at all, really. I suspect she'll actually get the chance to be a main antagonist in Volume 3, but there were more deserving characters this time around than her. I'm also far more appreciative of the Groot variant in the Ravager suit now, too! Wonder if I can get a hat on him... :devil:

I just about to say that. I think they played up Ayesha and Taserface because

they wanted to avoid giving away the twist of Ego being the real villain. People complained endlessly about Civil War spoiling the Giant-Man reveal so someone at Marvel or Lego probably stepped in and said "No" this time.

Edited by Battlinpanther

29 minutes ago, Battlinpanther said:

Yeah, but

Ego's ship could have been a great 20-30$ set and have his minifigure without any spoilers!

There's still a chance of Ego getting the Civil War treatment, where a set was released later in the year (Although unlikely). I really think that they should at least put him in a polybag. I kind of wish that Ayesha's hair was different as in the film, it is much more central and symmetrical on each side, but it's only a minor annoyance.

Edited by J3D1-T