Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

1 hour ago, Scarilian said:

Then its inaccurate, that is the whole point. Its inaccurate. Its not a 'so what' situation.

It's just people dont want to acknowledge that it's inaccurate so they keep dismissing it, yourself included are still unconvinced by the image's you see in the trailer which show its not accurate to what we've seen currently.

All they did was work the make up and head piece into one singular piece, that is accurate. Its just bulkier and the makeup is represented by the head piece. The make up is there. The helmet is there. All I'm confused about is how its inaccurate

Edited by Quicksilver838

4 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

All they did was work the make up and head piece into one singular piece, that is accurate. Its just bulkier and the makeup is represented by the head piece. The make up is there. The helmet is there. All I'm confused about is how its inaccurate

It really isn't all that inaccurate. If anything the make up sticks out of the face a little bit more. It probably makes the headpiece stay on better and makes it more durable. I don't see anything wrong with it.

47 minutes ago, Franklinw1234 said:

It really isn't all that inaccurate. If anything the make up sticks out of the face a little bit more. It probably makes the headpiece stay on better and makes it more durable. I don't see anything wrong with it.

Yeah thats what I was thinking. With all those big spikes coming out, it'll need a lot of stability 

Edited by Quicksilver838

Just now, Quicksilver838 said:

Yeah thats what I was thinking. With all those big spikes coming out, it'll need a lot of durability

Yeah, I think that they would probably focus on making her headpiece more durable because how intricate it is. Which is a plus, because it will last a lot longer. (Unless they never found a way to make it durable lol).

3 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Yeah thats what I was thinking. With all those big spikes coming out, it'll need a lot of durability

1 minute ago, Franklinw1234 said:

Yeah, I think that they would probably focus on making her headpiece more durable because how intricate it is. Which is a plus, because it will last a lot longer. (Unless they never found a way to make it durable lol).

And as I've said few pages back, it has printing, it's not just a boring blank black piece of a headdress. So that's actually acceptable. 

I think they probably made Hulk's weapons brick built. I doubt they'll be poor representations of what he uses, and anyway if someone doesn't like the weapons we can always design our own! I'm excited to see the ship now that it's confirmed as the circular one from the trailer- it's a very colorful ship and an odd design, so I bet the set will be great! 

6 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I think they probably made Hulk's weapons brick built. I doubt they'll be poor representations of what he uses, and anyway if someone doesn't like the weapons we can always design our own! I'm excited to see the ship now that it's confirmed as the circular one from the trailer- it's a very colorful ship and an odd design, so I bet the set will be great! 

It's a unique design tho I won't be expecting too much. If the ship is only the build, it'll be great but if there's a side build. Hmmm.

The only figs that we didn't see yet are the 2 henchemen(s) and Valkyrie, right?

On 4/9/2017 at 6:12 AM, SpiderJazz said:

It took us years and years just to have the normal Ghost Rider minifigure. I'm not saying impossible but yea it's highly unlikely.

Hela - one of the best villain ever represented in lego. 

Well, they still just made a new mold for folks with flaming heads. I'd say that them putting that mold to work is pretty likely, and given Robbie's only gotten more popular, is directly tied to a vehicle (and we all know how much Lego loves their cars) and we just got Super-Adaptoid and Detroit Steel for god's sake, I'd say we could see Robbie in the next few years. Not to reignite an old, potentially out-of-place discussion.

I'm really hoping our Valkyrie figure matches up with the presumably pre-Sakaar Valkyrie we saw for a quick second in the trailer. I reeeeally hate the design she has in most of the movie, but that one at least had a blue cape to add some visual interest, so that would be nice. Even just including the cape like the new Wonder Woman set does (and maybe a pegasus, pretty please?) would be acceptable.

19 minutes ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

I'm really hoping our Valkyrie figure matches up with the presumably pre-Sakaar Valkyrie we saw for a quick second in the trailer. I reeeeally hate the design she has in most of the movie, but that one at least had a blue cape to add some visual interest, so that would be nice. Even just including the cape like the new Wonder Woman set does (and maybe a pegasus, pretty please?) would be acceptable.

Judging by how everyone of interest on Sakaar (Thor, Hulk, Valkyrie) each seem to have paint or whatever on their face, this is probably just something for the gladiatorial match, and although we haven't seen any photos of Valkyrie without those white lines on her face, I'm assuming she won't have those the whole film, just the Sakaar scenes, and hoping the figure won't have them.

Unless she does have them the entire movie, then I suppose it's fine

I think the figs are great.  They may or may not be inaccurate we haven't seen the movie yet.  I'm just excited to get Thor sets this year.  I wish they had made sets from the dark world but I'm glad we are getting what we are getting.  Some of the figs could've been based on concept art so I think everyone can just chill and create their own more accurate versions by customizing the figures themselves because isn't that what lego is all about having fun and building your own creations too.  I mean its not the first time we've had inaccurate figures from movies. 

I'm curious if the "henchman" or "guard" figure, whichever is the one we have yet to see, from the large Thor set is the goon killed by Heimdall in the trailer.  Looks like he takes down some kind of stone monster that resembles Hela.

1 hour ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Judging by how everyone of interest on Sakaar (Thor, Hulk, Valkyrie) each seem to have paint or whatever on their face, this is probably just something for the gladiatorial match, and although we haven't seen any photos of Valkyrie without those white lines on her face, I'm assuming she won't have those the whole film, just the Sakaar scenes, and hoping the figure won't have them.

Unless she does have them the entire movie, then I suppose it's fine

It's not the white lines I mind, it's how painfully boring her whole outfit is. Nothing about her design is indicative of Valkyrie, it's just a bunch of black leather. The only reason she stands out in any shot I've seen her in is because the extras all have waaay more fascinating and attractive outfits. She's negative space at best. 

Even if hela isn't accurate, shes my favourite of the new marvel villain figs this year

Also loki will most likely rreturn next march in infinity war sets

In an alternate universe ...

"I am disappointed in Hela's headpiece because they used the movie design and it's inaccurate to the comics."

"What do you mean? Look at the antlers, they're perfect!"

"It's not the antlers, it's the mask. In the comics, the helmet and mask are attached and come down below her eyes. In the movie, it's more of a crown, and the part on her face is just face paint. Lego decided to go with the movie's crown design without a mask, so it's inaccurate to the comics."

"I think the helmet is perfect the way it is. It looks accurate to me."

"It's not accurate. When I buy a Marvel COMICS movie set, I want the set to be accurate to the COMICS."

I found this whole exchange to be hilarious. Especially because the (presumably concept art-derived) design is in fact more accurate to the comics, so we totally would have had the conversation above had they gone with the different design..

Everyone should remember that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and nobody should be trying to convince anyone that they are wrong. Remember, perception is subjective.

The use of concept art in designing sets will be a thorn in our sides for a long time to come, especially because these movies come out so frequently, giving limited production time for the films, and even less for the tie-in toys.

For me, this Hela is the best of both worlds, blending movie and comics elements, it can sit comfortably between MCU or comics characters. This is a best-case scenario for me, and is a testament to the director's vision that his film designs are so faithful to the source material. Usually.

ps. The parody above is not directed at anyone in particular. It is meant to show how the opposite reaction was at least as likely.

Edited by linnormlord

1 hour ago, legosamsonite said:

Even if hela isn't accurate, shes my favourite of the new marvel villain figs this year

Also loki will most likely rreturn next march in infinity war sets

Loki won't return in Avengers: Infinity War. 

17 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Loki won't return in Avengers: Infinity War. 

I mean, he's on the cast list

So, rumors has spread. Angourie Rice's character is Gwen Stacy. 

Don't you think guys we deserve a 3rd set SM:H ?

6 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

So, rumors has spread. Angourie Rice's character is Gwen Stacy. 

Don't you think guys we deserve a 3rd set SM:H ?

We deserve it, but what kid cares about Aunt May, Liz, Ned, Gwen, Flash? Only Tinkerer is missing, but you can easly do a custom Tinkerer.

7 hours ago, Franklinw1234 said:

He might not be in a set, but he is supposed to be in the movie.

Where he is in the cast? Thor: Ragnarok is his last movie.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

We deserve it, but what kid cares about Aunt May, Liz, Ned, Gwen, Flash? Only Tinkerer is missing, but you can easly do a custom Tinkerer.

How about spidey home made suit/Peter Parker school scene probably. I don't know it's just that I think we're certainly missing the home made suit other product/toys gets their own version Funko, Minimates etc etc!

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Where he is in the cast? Thor: Ragnarok is his last movie.

Firstly, Loki has been rumored to be in Infinity War, and his contract has six films, which if you include his cameo(?) in Age of Ultron and Thor Ragnarok, he's only been in five films, so Ragnarok ain't his last and he'll probably be in Infinity War. Can we please end this debate here and talk about plastic figurines? Thanks!

55 minutes ago, IMBATMAN said:

Firstly, Loki has been rumored to be in Infinity War, and his contract has six films, which if you include his cameo(?) in Age of Ultron and Thor Ragnarok, he's only been in five films, so Ragnarok ain't his last and he'll probably be in Infinity War. Can we please end this debate here and talk about plastic figurines? Thanks!

http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/content/tom-hiddleston-says-thor-3-will-be-his-last-movie-loki

48 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

For the love of god please just stop. Clearly you haven't read the entire article and just got enticed by the headline cuz in there Hiddleston says "I don’t know! Honestly, I don’t know,” when the reporter asked him about Infinity War. “They haven’t got their ducks in a row yet. They make it up as they go along.” Clearly no one knows if Loki will be in Infinity war so DON'T put your foot down and say he won't appear. Please just stop arguing and let's shift the attention back to Lego and not some drawn-out debate about some speculative future. Thank you.

Edited by IMBATMAN
Adding more context